+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 60 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 1,000 of 7136

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

Default Re: FM Career Forums Discussion

No doubt, but if it's castigated and frowned upon in such a vicious and unnecessary manner then it will drive writers away, regardless of how many people read it. As has been proven in my conversations with other writers and I think that's worth mentioning when someone asks about opinion of certain styles, of course I could just toe the line and pretend that said bullying and harrassment doesn't exist, but....

Youth Team

im not in the mood for an argument sorry as any one can tell your fishing for one,

and its not frowned upon in anyway, some people prefer not to read them some do.
    Considering i do a monthly update and i get close to 10 views for every post i make i think its going well for me

Youth Team

Fishing for an argument? Why bother? What you actually mean is that you aren't in the mood for reasoned discussion unless the end product is someone agreeing with you.

However, since you're jumping ship so as to avoid an adult conversation, i'll finish my tuppence worth. I disagree, but I respect you're opinion.
    Last edited by Elrithral; 15-03-2010 at 09:52.

Third Team

My thought on it was that I enjoy doing game by game atm. However, I used to do a 4 update season in my Empoli GPTG thread. End of August, End of Dec, End of Jan and End of season.

As anyone who puts their career up, I like people to read it. However I don't want to bore people with a game by game so if the majority would prefer a 4 post season, I'll happily bow to that.

So in essence, both Elrithral and acidmonkey gave me the answers I was looking for!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Elrithral View Post
    You don't think people's attitudes towards a certain style have anything to do with the opinion of a certain style i.e. whether it is popular or not? The fact that people who used that style gave up and questioned whether they should continue using it or not is perfectly pertinent to a discussion on whether or not said style is frowned upon and seems to indicate that it is frowned upon.
    I sincerely hope that as a moderator of this forum that I haven't let my opinions been taken out of context.

I've mentioned before that I'm not keen on reading game by game updates, but the last thing I want to do is to put people off from writing them as they have just as much potential to be popular as any other style.

If you fancy PMing me with a few names, particularly when it comes to the incidences of bullying, I'll gladly look into it.

Youth Team

I don't think they have dafuge. Both you and I gave our preference on how we like to write and read updates (after all, that was the question posed right?) but as you say, and as I have said, any kind of update style is more than acceptable and has as much potential to be popular as any other.

As far as 'bullying' is concerned here...since being in this forum from day one, I have never, ever seen any kind of 'bullying' in this forum whatsoever.

Youth Team

daf, not you, but I have no doubt that comments such as this;

Remind me to place you back on my ignore list. I have no idea why I removed you
    in the context of a discussion on what people prefer and a simple difference of opinion, leads to comments like this;

I just feel the style I've adopted (which, incidentally, was inspired by my thorough enjoyment of Elrithral's thread) needs a little defending here.
    Or this;

What I'd like to know is why certain people feel that it is up to them to try and dictate what should be considered a worthy career update? Why is it up to you? I can understand a moderator having these powers, but surely the rest of us are all equals round here?
    I think some people need to be reminded that this is the case, we went from me asking if monthly updates really took that long to write and in doing so promoting one style of update to someone making an obvious attempt to belittle another user. Is it any wonder that some members think monthly updates came out in a negative light?

Like I said earlier, i've spoken to three regular users of this forum who were very disappointed with the way things turned out in the above discussion, one wasn't sure if he would continue his update as a result of the attitude towards monthly updates and has made only one update since then.

Youth Team

We can all nit pick and choose which quotes to highlight to try and portray somebody in a bad light. What you fail to highlight is my actual opinion on the discussed matter which i've said numerous times.

This is why I wanted this forum created...to welcome all sorts of writing and threads. Other forums have strict rules and this provides an outlet for people who wish to do things differently. Like I said, I prefer writing and reading threads with 2 or 3 updates, but that's just me. You prefer writing and reading monthly updates which is just as acceptable. That's the beauty of this forum.
    Hopefully this forum caters for all kinds of threads. As you said, if you look in a thread and it's not for you, you don't have to keep going back. As dafuge mentioned, it would get a bit dull if we all had identical looking threads and updates .
    There is no right or wrong way to post a career update. Obviously people have their own preference in how to read/write updates but this should in no way dictate to others how theirs should be presented.
    You can write it however you want acidmonkey. Which ever way you choose will be more than fine, it's whatever you feel most comfortable with. That's the great thing about this forum . I was just giving my two cents as everyone else has .

Is it any wonder that some members think monthly updates came out in a negative light?
    I fail to see how my responses added to some members thinking monthly updates came out in a negative light?

To answer your "obvious attempt to belittle another user" point...

Fishing for an argument? Why bother? What you actually mean is that you aren't in the mood for reasoned discussion unless the end product is someone agreeing with you.

However, since you're jumping ship so as to avoid an adult conversation...
    Contradiction?
    Last edited by Raware; 16-03-2010 at 12:44.

Youth Team

There's a difference between stating an opinion of someones behaviour and telling someone that you will go out of your way to ignore them.

One thing though, since you replied to my previous post you obviously didn't put me on ignore, which only serves to highlight that the comment in question was intended as a put down, rather than a statement of intent.

Look, i'm just giving my opinion based on conversations I have had, there's no point discussing it because our opinion differs and we aren't going to agree, but I think it was worth mentioning because of the impact I believe your comments may have had.

Youth Team

There's a difference between stating an opinion of someones behaviour and telling someone that you will go out of your way to ignore them
    This isn't what you're doing here. You're telling him what he's doing/thinking ("What you actually mean is that you aren't in the mood for reasoned discussion unless the end product is someone agreeing with you") when you in fact have no idea why he doesn't want to discuss the subject further.

Since you're jumping ship so as to avoid an adult conversation
    Is this not belittling him by suggesting he doesn't want an adult conversation?

One thing though, since you replied to my previous post you obviously didn't put me on ignore, which only serves to highlight that the comment in question was intended as a put down, rather than a statement of intent.
    Another conclusion in which you've jumped to. I did actually put you on ignore but was curious as to how this thread was going and since I couldn't see your comments I decided to remove you to see them.

Look, i'm just giving my opinion based on conversations I have had, there's no point discussing it because our opinion differs and we aren't going to agree, but I think it was worth mentioning because of the impact I believe your comments may have had.
    As i've quoted for you...four quotes actually out of the many responses i've given, my responses and opinions in no way said that one style of update was better than the other. How this has an impact on how others feel about update styles bemuses me .

Youth Team

Fair enough, you're right, i'm wrong. Sorry for bothering you.

Youth Team

Fair enough, you're right, i'm wrong. Sorry for bothering you.
    Please don't condescend.

How am I right and you're wrong? I didn't realise it was a right or wrong discussion. As far as i'm concerned there is no right or wrong way to produce an update. As i've stated countless times, any kind of update is acceptable in this forum.

I just don't take kindly to false accusations i.e the statement that my opinions affected how people post when in fact i've given no indication as to a 'better' style, therefore putting off writers/readers posting and an accusation of bullying.

Maybe it's better if we avoid each other from now on.

Youth Team

Christ almighty, all I was doing was ending the conversation rather than keep it going and going round in circles, but even that is met with a horrible attitude. There's something seriosuly wrong with this place if that's an acceptable attitude towards someone trying to end a discussion that has gone too far!

As for false accusations, my opinion was based on discussion with a number of CU users who weren't impressed with your attitude, I didn't just pluck it out of thin air. CU has lost users, myself included now, because of your attitude in this discussion and that's fact, it was discussed elsewhere, in private.

I've raised my concerns with the daf, i'll leave it in his very capable hands, but for now i'll say goodbye to CU and give up on a very well received update because of this conversation. And you say that your attitude hasn't affected people's opinion of the general opinion of monthly updates? Do me a favour.

Anyways, that's that and i'm gone, so you got what you wanted.

Youth Team

You wasn't ending the conversation, you was condescending.

As for false accusations, my opinion was based on discussion with a number of CU users who weren't impressed with your attitude, I didn't just pluck it out of thin air. CU has lost users, myself included now, because of your attitude in this discussion and that's fact, it was discussed elsewhere, in private.
    How is my attitude any different to others in here. An opinion was asked which people prefer (not which is better). My preference is seasonal as are...

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    ideally id like to do a start of season (after friendlies + signings) update, a jan one, and an end of season one....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Personally, I like to spend my free time playing the game instead of writing up match reports...
    Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Personally, I think monthly updates are too often. You only really need to post updates that people will be interested in, which for me is restricted to end of season updates and noteable events.
    Very much agree with that. Honestly, I don't see the point in monthly updates. That sounds more like a story to me. Easier to follow a career with seasonal updates.
    I'm the same, I like to put my time into playing the game rather than writing about it. During a normal working week I am pretty much restricted to weekends only, so I like to make sure I spend that time playing rather than writing, as that is what I enjoy more...
    How mine differs from those opinions and how my attitude has affected people's opinion of the general opinion of monthly updates quite frankly puzzles me . It seems that i'm being singled out for expressing a common preference, which is then deduced to be the reason for people leaving.

Anyways, that's that and i'm gone, so you got what you wanted
    Please explain to me where i've said this...
    Last edited by Raware; 16-03-2010 at 16:04.

First Team Squad Member

I started an Everton save on a game by game basis but found that I didn't have enough time to add the updates like that. I am now contemplating if it's worth posting in seasonal updates. I would like to post about my career as I think it's pretty interesting but am not sure if I should open a new thread or continue on from the old one, any suggestions are more than welcome.

Youth Team

id say continue in the current thread,if possible perhaps edit the current posts to match with the style your going for?

First Team Squad Member

That's what I was thinking I got to Feb with the game by game stuff so I could maybe write out a round up of that season. I would like to write a pre-season update stating what changes I was making and then a round up of the season. The thing that bothers me is I do write for myself but like to have some feedback and since it's been so long maybe people would not be interested in it if you understand where I am coming from.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    That's what I was thinking I got to Feb with the game by game stuff so I could maybe write out a round up of that season. I would like to write a pre-season update stating what changes I was making and then a round up of the season. The thing that bothers me is I do write for myself but like to have some feedback and since it's been so long maybe people would not be interested in it if you understand where I am coming from.
    I agree. It's great to see reading counts go higher every time, just sometimes you wish someone would offer a little critique of things that could be better.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I agree. It's great to see reading counts go higher every time, just sometimes you wish someone would offer a little critique of things that could be better.
    I know what you mean Deisler. It sometimes seems as though it's just me and Nobby Mcdonald reading my thread. It would be nice to see some other comments as well.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Please explain to me where i've said this...
    Time for both of you to drop it now I think, no one really wants to read petty arguments here.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    I know what you mean Deisler. It sometimes seems as though it's just me and Nobby Mcdonald reading my thread. It would be nice to see some other comments as well.

i post in others threads when i can think of something to say otherwise id just be posting drivel TBH

Youth Team

Time for both of you to drop it now I think, no one really wants to read petty arguments here.
    I totally agree dafuge but it does become a little irritating when accusations are being made against me which have no basis for any kind of truth whatsoever. Don't I have a right to ask why these accusations are being made? Or do I just accept the false accusations?

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    I am following your threads, it's just sometimes you don't want to write KUTGW or something. It is nice to wake up though and read Nobby's comments...they do make me laugh! A posting style all of his own .

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    I am following your threads, it's just sometimes you don't want to write KUTGW or something. It is nice to wake up though and read Nobby's comments...they do make me laugh! A posting style all of his own .
    Now that is true. Especially when Stoke do well

Amateur

I'm in 2 minds whether to continue my European adventure, currently with Galatasaraay. If I started a new game and wrote it up, it would be either with Shrewsbury Town, a Blue Square North/South Team (probably Telford), or a level 10 team

Out of the four options, which would be the most popular choice for people to read
    - Continue the Galatasaraay game and continue trying to conquer all areas of Europe
    - Start with my club Shrewsbury with the new data update, to see if I can turn them into a massive force
    - Start with a Blue Square club, probably Telford, and see how far I can take them and how my management career progresses
    - Or enter a area totally alien to me, Level 10 and just see what happens

I would be happy to do any of those four, and write them up, just wondering what people would be most interested in and rather read?

Reserves

Question for people who have gotten a new stadium built and played a fair few seasons.

Have you been able to expand this new stadium to more than twice its original size?

Youth Team

Personally i like reading the level 10 games, but i also like to read the big club games too so its your choice as ultimatly your playing the game Feedolover

Amateur

Surely it should be the game you'll enjoy playing the most, not what people would enjoy reading.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by LCFC View Post
    Surely it should be the game you'll enjoy playing the most, not what people would enjoy reading.
    I'm up for any of them though, but I can't do 4 games at the same time

Amateur

Cool, well I'll be keeping an eye out for whichever one you go for

World Cup Winner

Question for people who have gotten a new stadium built and played a fair few seasons.

Have you been able to expand this new stadium to more than twice its original size?
    I think my first stadium was expanded to exactly double. Far too early to tell with the second one

Youth Team

oh aye your the freak who got two new stadiums

and i say freak in a totally nice and non offensive way

Semi Pro

Some people get all the luck. It took 15 years just to get 1 new stadium for me.

Reserves

I think my first stadium was expanded to exactly double. Far too early to tell with the second one
    That's what I seemed to remember too. Then I noticed mine too was exactly twice the size. So I'm worried now...

World Cup Winner

That's what I seemed to remember too. Then I noticed mine too was exactly twice the size. So I'm worried now...
    You may have the dreaded 20 years of pain to look forward to then

Reserves

I'm afraid so yeah

I'm already feeling the pinch from the small stadium. It will be a real drag when we establish ourselves properly in the top.

Amateur

yous are lucky, i cant even get my board to improve my training facilities or replace my mud bath of a pitch, ive managed to get their finances over the million mark too, but still no money for improvments

Reserves

I did start out with a 2500 capacity stadium though, which apparently couldn't be expanded. Crying shame they didn't build bigger when they first did, cause now it's going to bottleneck our finances the next two decades

Youth Team

new rig should be up and running in a week (waiting for delivery of parts) so should be able to zip through more months in my fm game

Reserves

Is there anyway to see previous league tables from say, a season ago?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    Is there anyway to see previous league tables from say, a season ago?
    There's a 'year' button in the top right hand corner.

Youth Team

select the league you want to see then year > the year you want to see (only includes seasons played in game)

Reserves

How blunt of me. I meant something like September 2009 when I'm in January 2011

World Cup Winner

How blunt of me. I meant something like September 2009 when I'm in January 2011
    Ah right, in that case, no. You can't get the league graphs for previous season either.

Youth Team

anyone using steam know if i use the backup will it backup the game to the point a reinstall wouldnt need updates?

Amateur

Just on the off chance has anyone heard of the picture you upload for your manager profile when adding a manager in-game disappearing? My one seems to have gone for no apparent reason

Edit - I load an older save and its still there in that one

Edit v2 - Nevermind, reloaded my current save and it re-appeared. Odd.
    Last edited by LCFC; 22-03-2010 at 18:52.

Amateur

Yeah, I've had this as well. I don't know why it happens. It's decided to appear most of the time now.

First Team Squad Member

Did either of you reload your skin with a save loaded?

Amateur

Hmm I can't remember in all honesty, I can't think why I would have as I've just used the regular light skin the whole time but it hasn't disappeared since that day so must have just been one of those things.

Youth Team

HOLY ****!!!

my new comp just processed the first fround of the FA Vase in under 5 seconds

i love my new pc me

Amateur

How do you post screeenshots?

World Cup Winner

From the 'READ ME FIRST' thread:

How to Post a Screenshot
    • While in FM, press Alt and F9
    • A picture will be saved to a screenshots folder, in the FM10 folder in your documents
    • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
    • Post the direct Url to the image here.
    How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Amateur

ALT+F9 has been the best improvement from FM08 onwards in my opinion. So much easier to gather those screenshots needed to keep trail of your developing youngsters or to update on your progress.

World Cup Winner

Here's something I did not want to see

It seems that my new 65779 capacity Dafuge Arena cannot be expanded, looks like I may have to wait another 20 years

Amateur

if only you could get the extra 221 seats for 66,000

they may build a new £300m stadium and bankrupt you so its not all bad

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by RichG View Post

thats true lol

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RichG View Post

I think I've got another 14 or so years before that will happen

Reserves

I need some help for a title... it's a one-clubber with Annan Athletic and I cannot think what to call my thread.

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

I need some help for a title... it's a one-clubber with Annan Athletic and I cannot think what to call my thread.
    Annan and on and on and on actuallly thats awful

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

An Absolutely Awesome Annan Athletic Adventure?

Reserves

MeLikeFM - that's pretty bad although I had a similar idea with Annan nanananana

Paul - it's got potential with all the alliteration but i'm not too sure.

Nicknames: Black and Golds (got me thinking about the Sam Sparro song) and Galabankies.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MeLikeFM View Post
    Annan and on and on and on actuallly thats awful
    and Ariston?

Showing my age there

Third Team

I miss this thread so much, that I can't get into another game. Otherwise I'd still be posting in here.

http://www.community.sigames.com/sho...d.php?t=171186

World Cup Winner

Losing a game like that is devastating. A similar thing happened to me last year, I was just gutted.

Third Team

Yeah now I can't wait till FM11 comes out, new start, fresh features and most of all I'll have finished school...forever!

Third Team

and Ariston?

Showing my age there
    Me too ...........

First Team Squad Member

How do I post a screenshot so that it's a link that says something else? I have done it before but can't remember how. Also do I have to create a screenshot folder and press F8 or something to get the screenshot into that folder automatically?

Amateur

(URL=link)text here(/URL)

Sub () for []

No folder creation necessary. Just press F9 and they go into My docs/FM/screenies

First Team Squad Member

Cheers dude, if I decide to do a career thread I like to have a few screenshots along the way.

Amateur

If you put [noparse][/noparse] either side of your BB code it stops the code. You can then show the code as it should be [url=link]Text here[/url] without having to substitute the brackets.

Its useful if trying to describe it to somone with little computer knowhow.
    Last edited by WH; 13-04-2010 at 19:12.

Youth Team

thats the one! cheers WH been trying to remember the [noparse] thin for AGES!

Semi Pro

Can I confirm that its OK to have two saves with threads in here at the same time?

I really want to do my new County save, but only alongside my other one, not instead of it

First Team Squad Member

Surely it will be okay, the rules are one thread per career so I see no reason why not.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ism-scfc View Post
    Can I confirm that its OK to have two saves with threads in here at the same time?

I really want to do my new County save, but only alongside my other one, not instead of it
    Yes, that's fine

Youth Team

well for my game at work lunchtimes im back in Egypt

First Team

I've got FM10 on iPhone. Will be starting an Arsenal career (the first time I've managed them since FM06) - and should make for an interesting careers thread

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

Just a quick one guys, if anyone has an answer...

On the squad screen when I set the view to 'selection' and click into another screen, when I return to the squad screen it's changed back to General Info?? Anyway to get the 'selection' screen to stick? Am I missing something?

First Team

The only way around it for me, Gundo, was to make my own screen and save it. Then it uses that as the default.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
    Just a quick one guys, if anyone has an answer...

On the squad screen when I set the view to 'selection' and click into another screen, when I return to the squad screen it's changed back to General Info?? Anyway to get the 'selection' screen to stick? Am I missing something?
    I have no idea but this drives me slightly crazy.

If you find out how to make it stay, let me know!

Semi Pro
    Gundo's FM14 European Adventure Challenge™ (CSE Forum)

Cheers Nep.

Yeah drives me crazy too! Happens on the scouting screens aswel, most annoying.

Semi Pro

I'm considering doing a French career game, loading L1 through CFA and working my way up from the bottom. I do have a couple of questions:

1.) One thing that I've never seen a full & firm answer to is African player eligibility for French leagues. In some/many/few cases, African national do not count toward the "non-EU maximum" that the French leagues have. Is that former French colonies only? All African countries? Are there any other nations with a similar agreement? I would like to be sure to load some of those players into the active database for this new save, but don't want to add many if they're part of the limited non-EU rule.

It would be helpful to know a player's eligibility before you sign him. After you sign him, of course you can see the FGN status or not, but it's too late!

2.) I've read that the CFA is not playable from the begining, but that some teams do become eligible to manage. How does this work?

3.) Are all Ligue 2 teams professional? How about Championat Nacional? I assume CFA is all amateur or reserve teams, right?

4.) Any other suggestions about setting up the player database / game as I'm planning? Other French hints or tips?

Thanks!
    Last edited by dankrzyz; 22-04-2010 at 19:13.

Amateur

Not sure about point 1 but

2) Check the editors section and see if anyone has done a full french update for lower leagues. May be there if you look
    3) See above
    4) Load max players to get good lower league realism or at least large

French league is cool. I had a St Etienne game years ago. One of the best games i did. I just raided the U19 and 21 sides every year for the best youth tallent. French league always has good regens

Try this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=french+league
    Last edited by RichG; 23-04-2010 at 09:43.

Youth Team

1) from what i understand its only the french Colonies who dont count as non-EU players so thats:
    French Guiana · Guadeloupe · Mayotte · Martinique · New Caledonia · Réunion · Saint-Martin
    it "may" include former french colonies but not too sure which would be Algeria but not sure on that

2) CFA teams are only manageable if they are relegated from the National

3) Ligue 1 & 2 are seen as the professional leagues so national and CFA seem to be Semi-pro im guessing.

4) Load all players from France and all the French colonies, will help no end after that its upto you

Good Luck in France

Amateur

Just started as Norwich after their promotion, brought in Rosen Kirilov, Christian Vieri, Bart Vriends, Joe Lolley, Celso Ayala and Njaka Rafilibera. Sold, Simon Lappin to Bristol Rovers for £220k. Currently sitting top of the league, by 1 point, got Charlton next who are in second place.

Youth Team

pitty the lower league updates dont go down to level 15, someone could have a thread title 15-to-1

Amateur

lol all the way down to sunday league and take your local pub side to the Premier League

Amateur

I'm considering starting one but will go very in detail with matchdays and preferably with Everton as I support them or do you think I should go someone further down and possibly level 10?
    EDIT: If I done a level 10 one I'd probably do 6 month updates as opposed to1 match, 1 update

First Team Squad Member

I would like to see an Everton one. I guess it's what ever game you think you will get into the most.

Amateur

I would like to see an Everton one. I guess it's what ever game you think you will get into the most.
    Going to do an Everton one now .

First Team Squad Member

Looking forward to it, I loved managing them.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

Anyone in here interested in taking part in an OTF Fifa World Cup tournament for the PS3? PM me if interested.

I apologize for the shamefull advert, but I'm just seeing if I can get any reliable people before potentially having to go to GQ

First Team Squad Member

I write my updates for myself and to hopefully inspire other people to start similar games or at least give them an interesting career to read. This got me thinking does it put people off reading about a career of someone who manages a big team? Most career threads seem to be journeyman games or starting really low down in one country to work their way to the top. I have moved to Real Madrid on my save would this put people off reading?

Youth Team

nope i think my round the world thread proved people like reading the big teams as i got the same amnount of views and replies it seemed when managing Shakhtar, Al-Ahly as i did manageing Inter

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

I write my updates for myself and to hopefully inspire other people to start similar games or at least give them an interesting career to read. This got me thinking does it put people off reading about a career of someone who manages a big team? Most career threads seem to be journeyman games or starting really low down in one country to work their way to the top. I have moved to Real Madrid on my save would this put people off reading?
    Its just as interesting working with a top team. You just have different expectations and pressures. I look forward to reading it.

Reserves

I would be interested. Just because they hired me in my other game as well. I went with buying a bunch of players from former club Zenit.

Youth Team

i like the big side stories as it makes me even more determined to get my Crook side up the leagues.

Semi Pro

Similarly it could be said about my career AcidBurn. I prefer being those smaller clubs and building up but my save is a career save, staying with small clubs wouldn't be much of a career progression would it. Thats why I'm trying to stick with mid-tabled sides at the moment, then in 5 seasons maybe move to a 'large' club, the likes of River/Boca/Chelsea/Arsenal...then after making them dominant, move onto a smaller mid tabled club and start over, or take a fallen giant, maybe a former premiership club from league two back to where they belong. How ever your career pans out, it shoudn't really matter to anyone else as long its what you want from your game.

Your updates are great and long may it continue.

International Squad

I tend to ignore the ones where somebody starts at a big club. If somebody is managing a Real Madrid or Manchester United because they've earned the right, I'm interested in it. If they start off there then I'm not. Unless they are Alex Ferguson, but why would he be playing the game?

International Squad

Addendum: I remember the days when football manager games made you start in Division Four.

Youth Team

Also the days when you had a virtual telephone for calling other managers to make transfer bids

International Squad

Yes, but even that didn't exist in the very beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 60 ... LastLast