+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 51 ... LastLast

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

World Cup Winner

Default FM Careers Forum Discussion

Here's a thread for you to discuss anything forum-related here in the career updates forum.
    Last edited by dafuge; 26-02-2010 at 18:16.

Banned
    mudsterman - The first person to correctly guess the meaning of ahmufcwafc's username!

Default FM Career Forums Discussion

Thank you si, first ever post in this forum!

Third Team

Default Re: Wahoo!

Awesome, never thought we'd actually have one made!

Third Team

GET IN THERE but the story forums gone maybe its just a glitch.

A big thankyou goes to the mods

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

OH YEAH!!!!! Looks like my commitee worked

I am sure stories forum isn't gone. There were a lot a good stories in there hope we didn't take it's place.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by mudsterman View Post
    ****, looks like you idiots have deleted the stories forum!
    Less of the insults yeah?

Anyway i'm looking forward to seeing this forum take off. Good move mods and bods

First Team Squad Member

This is wicked I never thought it would happen.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by small Mac View Post
    Less of the insults yeah?
    Think it's a tongue in cheek insult toward SI.

Youth Team

1. New career threads must have a minimum of two seasons completed. Threads not following this rule will be closed.
    Does that mean your initial post must be regards the two seasons, or that you should have two seasons completed?

Third Team

I have PM'ed Neji and he has replied saying that "For now at least you (Me, Hursty and NotWordsButDeeds) are safe"

Third Team

This Should be our celebration thread!!!

Third Team

Note: Could a mod change my thread title to show player naming?

Youth Team

Would I be allowed to do a story and do a career thread about the same save?

Youth Team

Thank you SI and mods and to everybody who contributed to getting this forum, in which i believe will turn out to be a great place. I'm really looking forward to hearing about how other people are doing in their save and hopefully we can make this new forum just as good as the others on these boards.

Once again, thankyou to everybody involved

Third Team

Any chance of putting the rules into the forum header?

Part-Timer

Woooo!

Brilliant Raware, i thank you!

Cant wait to get home and type up my entire career.

Brilliant news.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonaitor View Post
    Note: Could a mod change my thread title to show player naming?
    Done. .

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gauvner View Post
    Woooo!

Brilliant Raware, i thank you!

Cant wait to get home and type up my entire career.

Brilliant news.
    I'm just happy that SI and mods listened to our request for such a forum and i thank them. Thanks to everybody who contributed in making this possible and once again, proving that SI and the mods listen to their members

Third Team

Don't forget me Raware. It was my failed attempt at a committe that sparked everyone into life

Amateur

nice one SI

Youth Team

Purefun, what do you mean by two season updates? Only two seasons? Or only two posts per season?

Third Team

My thoughts exatcly. Have PM'ed you as well .

I'm not evan up to my 2nd season, my career is write as you go

Sorry guys was to fast.

the first rule means that you can only start a thread when you have finished two seasons from then on its upto you.

I deleted my posts btw.

First Team

Yeah, I think the 2 seasons thing could be quite hard if you're a write as you go kinda person. After the end of the second season, when putting in a new update, it might be hard to remember the ins and outs of the first season.

Youth Team

As a suggestion, why not jot down the things that stand out in your current season in word or in notepad then use them as points of reference for when you write up your updates. That's what i do, thus ensuring i don't miss any important happenings in my season.

Sports Interactive

PSN: TerScotland79

Yeah I don't agree with the two season thing either. I play rather slowly and would prefer to post updates every now and again which would likely get my topic closed under the current rules.

Early days yet so any feedback / ideas you guys have are welcome.

Third Team

Me = Write as we go!!!!! Would be devasted if my thread got moved or DELETED!!! Duh Duh Duh

Amateur
    Fluminense FC - Rio State & First Division. Have A Look In The Career Updates Forum

So, to clarify (sorry for being dim) - we can update as we see fit??

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    Yeah I don't agree with the two season thing either. I play rather slowly and would prefer to post updates every now and again which would likely get my topic closed under the current rules.

Early days yet so any feedback / ideas you guys have are welcome.
    In my original thread regarding this forum it was suggested that a minimal season rule was to implemented only then for people to come to the conclusion that no minimum season rule would be better, accepting the fact that if people posted once never to return, their thread would soon fall to the bottom of the page. (But i'm sure you know all of this, just stating it for people who don't). Personally i agree with the minimum season rule but that is just my opinion, like you say it's early days and it will be interesting to see how other people feel.

First Team Squad Member

I see the good in having a minimum season rule of 2 as it will hopefully stop there being too many threads started that arent ever updated. I can also see why people would not want the rule as the threads would just drop down the forum and disappear. So to be honest it doesnt really bother me either way.

First Team Squad Member
    Yaya Sanogo is now 227 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

If this two season 'rule' is going to stay, then I think a good idea would be for a 'first 2 seasons thread' where people can write updates etc before they've completed 2 seasons and are 'allowed' to post a thread. This would good because if the person gets bored of it then they wont clutter up the boards with updates and never complete anymore (or if you enforce that rule they wouldn't complain they had nowhere to post their updates). Then there is the fact when they've completed 2 seasons and actually 'allowed' to post their save game, then they could copy and paste their updates from that thread so it's not just a mammoth 'reflection' on the 2 seasons, but actually gives you 2 fairly detailed end of season updates, which would imo give you a better idea/history of the 2 previous seasons than as previously stated a 'mammoth reflection' on the 2 seasons.

Fwiw, I quoted that from a post I made in the original thread in GQ.

Youth Team

Is there going to be a distinction made between what should be in this forum and what should be in FMS? There are already threads popping up that wouldn't look out of place in the other forum.

First Team Squad Member

I wondered about that thats why I try to keep mine as updates rather than any type of story.

Third Team

Is this forum purely for FM career updates or would FML be accepted here too? Highly unlikely that it would be, but no harm in asking.

Reserves

My career up, excellent idea this, well done lads.

First Team Squad Member

I'll probably be contributing a career on FM08 that I have just started.

I'm playing with all leagues from England, Scotland, Wales and Italy.

Will wait for a few seasons before posting a thread. My updates will probably be quite concise. Brevity is the soul of wit etc.

Anyway, good to see that the careers forum is up and running. Going to bookmark some of these careers to read in my coffee breaks.

C.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    If this two season 'rule' is going to stay, then I think a good idea would be for a 'first 2 seasons thread' where people can write updates etc before they've completed 2 seasons and are 'allowed' to post a thread. This would good because if the person gets bored of it then they wont clutter up the boards with updates and never complete anymore (or if you enforce that rule they wouldn't complain they had nowhere to post their updates). Then there is the fact when they've completed 2 seasons and actually 'allowed' to post their save game, then they could copy and paste their updates from that thread so it's not just a mammoth 'reflection' on the 2 seasons, but actually gives you 2 fairly detailed end of season updates, which would imo give you a better idea/history of the 2 previous seasons than as previously stated a 'mammoth reflection' on the 2 seasons.

I think that's a great idea

I'm not a massive fan of the two season rule but taking advice from other mods and what GQ users wanted, it was put in there. As said in the rules thread, there is room for change as this is a new forum.

Also, as Ter pointed out - any feedback is welcome and atm things are certainly up for discussion.

Is there going to be a distinction made between what should be in this forum and what should be in FMS? There are already threads popping up that wouldn't look out of place in the other forum.
    I think that comes down to the posted. I don't spend much time in FMS but I see it as a place for the 'writers' amongst us who will actually put more care into telling a story rather than updating us about what is happening in their saves.

First Team Squad Member

I think this is going to be my new favourite forum on SI Games.

C.

Youth Team

I too agree that this is a great idea and probably the best solution until we can gauge some kind of general consesus amongst the finalised rules.

Third Team

Neji What about my situation? I already have a thread but I am willing to continue posting all of my games.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    I think this is going to be my new favourite forum on SI Games.

C.
    Mine too!

Reserves

Neji What about my situation? I already have a thread but I am willing to continue posting all of my games.
    Until the rule is decided, we won't follow it too strictly so your thread will stay.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Neji View Post
    Until the rule is decided, we won't follow it too strictly so your thread will stay.
    So my thread is safe for the time being. Thanks a lot Neji!

First Team

Superb Idea that.

Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmufcwafc View Post
    Is this forum purely for FM career updates or would FML be accepted here too? Highly unlikely that it would be, but no harm in asking.
    FML is for the FML forums imo.

Amateur
    Fluminense FC - Rio State & First Division. Have A Look In The Career Updates Forum

I'm glad that those of us who've already started can carry on regardless, and that our threads won't be wiped

Third Team

Same my slow but steady updates will keep coming and maybe next year we will get into next season

Semi Pro

Good to see this forum here. I might start a thread for my career in Indonesia, I'm about 20 years in.

And good idea Paul

Reserves

Wooo, new careers forum.

I'm nearing the end of 2 seasons into management (albeit two years in international management, and 1 year into club management...), so I'll be posting a new thread soon.

First Team

Looking forward to your thread Rancer

NEJI / PUREFUN - I don't know who are the allocated mods for this forum, but I'm assuming its you two, as you're the ones who've posted in here thus far. Now, while most forums don't allow an Off Topic Thread, (CSE / GD for example) - I was wondering if we could just change the thread title here, and have it as a Career Discussion / Off Topic thread.

*By Career Discussion, I mean the ins and outs of the rules, potential forum ideas and the likes...

Third Team

Yep that is what this has become in the sense This should be used so our threads dont get clogged with idle chatter.

Edit: I have a new Update

Reserves

Default Re: FM Career Forums Discussion

I've changed the title so this can be used for talk about the forum rather than updates etc.

Try and keep this thread on topic though. It's primarily here (from now) to discuss the forum rules etc.

Third Team

Mini Competion: Which Career Thread gets to 1000 views first?? I'm on 745 number 1 at the moment

First Team Squad Member

Mini Competion: Which Career Thread gets to 1000 views first?? I'm on 745 number 1 at the moment
    That's only because you spam it up everywhere you go! I've seen you.

And 744 of those views are you pressing refresh anyway.

C.

First Team Squad Member

Is there going to be a 'first two seasons' quick update thread then, as Paul suggested?

C.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    That's only because you spam it up everywhere you go! I've seen you.

And 744 of those views are you pressing refresh anyway.

C.

I didn't give you those brown packages for nothing Crouchy

Reserves

I think we should maybe steal LLM with a Monday, Friday and potentially Wednesday update threads? Just a place for people to update us where they are and how they're doing before and even after two seasons.

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Whilst I hate the thought of not being able to post for two seasons outside of one thread (computer was wiped so have no save games - 10 season Arsenal game was deleted :'( ) I'm glad we have this forum - looks excellent.

Any chance, if I could offer proof that the only games I do are long term ones (e.g 8+ seaons) I could start a thread anyway? It'll take me over a month to do two seasons, especially as I'm moving house on the 31st July and won't be able to use my computer for about a week.

First Team Squad Member

CV - don't really like that idea, will just clutter up the forums imo. If I'm really that interested in someone elses thread I'll be reading their thread. Just my opinion though.
    Last edited by PaulHartman71; 09-07-2009 at 17:03.

Reserves

Paul - That reply was to CV wasn't it?

Third Team

I got exeption from 2 season rule due to the fact my thread was already here and on GD.

We are discussing the two season rule, it could go away. Just follow the rules regarding this forum and you'll notice.

Third Team

What's the rule on naming the CA/PA of regen players/staff.

Its a nono for real players/staff.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Purefun View Post
    We are discussing the two season rule, it could go away. Just follow the rules regarding this forum and you'll notice.
    I'd be glad to see that, cheers for theupdate

Including in spoiler tags with notifications in the thread title? I don't want to mention them, just asking the question to clear it up for others.

Third Team

Ah good, so when I finally set up my thread, I can name the PA's of regens, and CA's to show how the regen youth of tomorrow are developing.

I haven't said anything about regens yet. I have opened it up for discussion.

Amateur

Two season rule?

Personally, I wouldn't bother.

As was pointed out previously, if someone posts once or twice and doesn't return, the thread will naturally disappear off the page.

And if you do go with the rule, there might be some users put off going that far back to update their new thread - after all, it could be quite a job for some, depending on how in-depth they go.

The page could get busy enough to demote good threads to the second page, but this shouldn't be a problem. Regulars will have the those threads subscribed, and I'd imagine newcomers would search (I can only dream!!!) for a specific team they had in mind.

That's my thoughts.

Amateur

ill definately be doing a thread for my save, seeing as im 15 seasons in already ill have a while to remember stuff first!

Everything is/will be taken into account.
    Last edited by Purefun; 09-07-2009 at 17:55.

Third Team

Purefun, shall we delete post #2 of this thread. Seems a bit pointless and violent to me.

Third Team

I haven't said anything about regens yet. I have opened it up for discussion.
    Ah ok. Let's hope you can.

Meh, let it be.

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    Ah ok. Let's hope you can.
    I never said I was for it though.

Third Team

I never said I was for it though.
    Good point, you got me there

Starting up a career game now, so once I get to the two years, I can start a thread

It will be changed.

Reserves

The two season minimum has now gone from the rules.

I propose a minimum amount of in-game time between updates though. Thoughts?

And its changed.

World Cup Winner

I think it is hard to put into writing.

I tend to keep to annual updates, but if anything particularly interesting happens I will post about it 'live', I just find it easier to keep a story going that way. This could mean a series of posts within a small space of time, but only because they are of interest and are worth posting.

First Team Squad Member

I agree with dafuge

Although going over the top like Roolz does in the football manager thread in OTF shouldn't be allowed, e.g. posting after every goal.

Third Team

I do match by match coverage as my game progresses slowly.

I would say max quarterly updates if not 2 month max

Third Team

Forget the career, something come up

First Team Squad Member

Maybe instead of a set time to do updates there should just be a minimum amount of words per update (eg. at least 50/100 words) too prevent people from writing short updates from every day in the game.

Reserves

Legends

I've just reinstalled FM09, will start a new Arsenal career now.

First Team Squad Member

can I just get some advice on this. I've just started a career, will I have to wait until I'm two seasons into it (most likely some time in the next 10/11 days) or can I start posting now?

The two season minimum has gone mate.

World Cup Winner

can I just get some advice on this. I've just started a career, will I have to wait until I'm two seasons into it (most likely some time in the next 10/11 days) or can I start posting now?
    Post it now.

We'll review the two season rule after things settle down but for now you are free to start posting straight away.

First Team Squad Member

okay, cheers for the quick responses

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Post it now.

We'll review the two season rule after things settle down but for now you are free to start posting straight away.

So if I were to start a thread now, not get to two seasons by the time the rule was reintroduced, would my thread be closed until the second season was over?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    So if I were to start a thread now, not get to two seasons by the time the rule was reintroduced, would my thread be closed until the second season was over?
    No, certainly not.

Reserves

Thanks for the quick reply mate, much appriciated.

Reserves

What about aa rule for starting multiple threads? ie. someone comes in starts one about Arsenal, then Barca seconds later? Should there be a limit for the time between a new thread? I can see someone new (no offense to new people) coming in and starting 8 threads about 8 different saves

I'll close seven of them. And if Lyon is in it that one will be open for updates.

Reserves

Still clogs up the forum, maybe a week between threads rule?

World Cup Winner

I'll think we'll play it by ear for now and see how it goes.

Abandoned threads can always be deleted so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Reserves

Threads can be deleted? Out of interest, why are most threads closed instead of deleted then?

I'm trying to start my new game now, but the game has gone to a 'choose language' screen. But it doesn't have a confirm button?

Strange game...

Youth Team

Really glad to see this forum. I had a feeling it might when I saw the amount of Career posts.

Power to the people!!

I may post a South American one soon from my current game.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    Threads can be deleted? Out of interest, why are most threads closed instead of deleted then?
    It shows users which sort of threads are allowed and which aren't.

Reserves

Good evening everyone. Couldn't find this place. Haven't got FM09 installed at the minute so can not contribute in that sense, but look forward to having a nose around everyone else's careers.

Well done for setting this up!

First Team Squad Member

You can post an FM08 career instead Peter.

C.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 73 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 51 ... LastLast