+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,600 of 7075

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

First Team Squad Member

Hey guys. Just wondering if any of you might be able to help me make a decision in my calcio career save as I'm struggling to come to a conclusion about something involving my future in this save.

The thread and post link is here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...08#post7958608

I'd appreciate any advice if you have the time to drop by!

2013 Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career, Marvel Draft Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    SRL88 - Liverpool
    I am a bit of a mark for Hoffenheim as well .

Tomtuck supports Man Utd to
    Last edited by SRL88; 16-07-2012 at 13:23.

When do these FMCU Awards start up usually??? Want to plan my voting in advance .

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SRL88 View Post
    When do these FMCU Awards start up usually??? Want to plan my voting in advance .
    September or October?

Semi Pro

Do any of you like the achievements? I love them though I don't go out of my way for them. Some of them I will never get as I have no plans to take a 3rd division side to the premier league in Scotland, for example. But I enjoy them nonetheless. I am currently 71/91 - how about the rest of you?

Reserves

I have 30/31 of them. I'm not overly fussed about them but if I see one pop up during the game I get a little happy .

Reserves

Was looking through them recently to see what I'd got, but otherwise don't have much interest beyond it being nice when some pop up, admitedly not far off from a first 'Hero' achievement which would at least mean something if I got it.

I dont even think about getting them but it is nice when they pop up.

First Team Squad Member

I don't really aim to get them but I do like it when I unlock them got 67 at the moment.

Subs Bench

I noticed it the first few times it happened, but not since really.

Third Team

I got the Italian Hero one.

First Team Squad Member

So, anyone get anything much in the Steam sale? Any bargains got?

Any games added to your library that you'll hardly have touched by the time the next sale hits? It's not a proper Steam sales experience without that!

First Team Squad Member

Regarding the achievements, I've got 37/91 apparently. I quite like achievements although some of them for FM seem a bit silly to me but what do I know?

It does give me a warm fuzzy feeling when one pops up.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    So, anyone get anything much in the Steam sale? Any bargains got?

Any games added to your library that you'll hardly have touched by the time the next sale hits? It's not a proper Steam sales experience without that!
    Oh you already know I did!

Final count is:
    • Age of Empires 3 Collection
    • ARMA 2
    • Batman Arkham City Collection
    • Bulletstorm
    • Crysis Collection
    • Deus Ex Collection
    • Driver: San Francisco
    • Fable 3
    • Just Cause 2
    • Monkey Island Collection
    • Psychonauts
    • Saints Row 3
    • Civilization 5
    As for achievements, I have 64/91 at the moment.

First Team Squad Member

Well, I got all of the games on my wishlist that I really wanted and then some. Spent beyond my initial budget.

Here is my final list:
    Dark Messiah
    Complete Half Life
    The Binding of Isaac & DLC
    Fallout 3
    Fallout NV
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood & Revelations
    Botanicula
    Galatic Civilzations II: Ultimate Edition
    Trine & Trine 2
    Torchlight
    The Witcher & The Witcher 2
    Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of Baskervilles
    Dungeons of Dredmor

I'll probably hardly get through any of them before the next sale hits! Pretty pleased with my buys though.

Youth Team

Ahh so you caved on The Witcher in the end!

All these new games and I'm still only playing FM and Minecraft

Alright fella's. I know one of these has been created in the OTF, but I did one last season for the GPTG and decided to continue it this season.

Anyway, if any of you are interested here is the shizzle!!!

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Third Team

We should have a YouTube goals thread dedicated to FMCU. We can then have a 'Goal Of The Year' award at the FMCU awards.

Youth Team

That'd be cool! Would be good this year thanks to the record button which means you don't miss out half the buildup like on FM11.

Third Team

It'd need to be a sticky though.

First Team Regular

Started wondering tonight what the song was after Salt Lake goals. It's actually written by Branden Steineckert (current Rancid drummer, Salt Lake native, and RSL season-ticket holder)

http://youtu.be/Pa1DJ008t9Y

http://youtu.be/S0llsJL-nTs

Still wish FM could incorporate crowd chats.

Third Team

Does anyone know of players having issues with first team football when you couldn't select them?

I currently have a player who spent 6 months on Military Service, came back wanting first team football, at the time I had a better pairing so he went on loan, he came back and played the final league game of the season, then the first game of the new season, following that game he got injured and 6 weeks later he is still listed as missing 3-6 weeks, but is moaning about missing first team football and constantly being overlooked? Any ideas?

Reserves

In a lesser extent, in my first ever season on FM 11. I had a couple of players who wanted first team football, so I put them in for both remaining games of the season. They still moaned but with no games left to play them in there was hardly anything I could do. Put me off private chats for most of the year, and even now I tend to tread carefully when requests for first team football are involved.

Third Team

Oh I try to not promise anything, because then they just end up deciding to leave, but in this case I haven't talked to him, he is just talking to the media. Is a bit frustrating as if he was healthy he would be first choice in the role.

Youth Team

Just briefly poked my head into GD again, my god.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Yeah, never do that if you want to leave with some sanity.

Youth Team

your a braver man than me!

Reserves

I find it amusing seeing the nonsense people put, much like I read comments on news stories (Usually Yahoo, Football365 and PlanetF1) to get a feeling of smugness at being rather more sensible than that.

Youth Team

It's absolutely maddening. I don't understand how the likes of wwfan can keep coming back and explaining the same point to different gibbering loons time and time again and not find it soul destroyingly pointless. I'd put it down to trolling but I don't think it is in most of the cases. Some of these people genuinely have an image in their head of Sports Interactive as some massive faceless global conglomerate with its headquarters inside an active volcano where Miles and the Collyers spend their days cackling maniacally and plotting new ways to annoy their fanbase.

Also the fact that it's the same mindless complaints over and over again. The threads about Steam are identical to the ones about Steam back in October. The threads about the ME being bugged are the same as the ones about the ME being bugged from *insert previous FM edition*. I always consider posting a reasoned reply with evidence backing up my claim in the hopes of helping someone, but there's just no point in it. I think one of the last threads I bothered replying to was someone saying the 4-2-3-1 deep formation is wrong and nobody would set up their team with a massive gap between the defensive and attacking midfielders. I replied to it with extensive screenshots from my Messina save where I used that system with very little tweaking and pointed out that there is no massive gap. His reply was effectively "yeah but no".

Mind you, it's still not as bad as something like Red and White Kop.

First Team Squad Member

The problem with GD is the odd good post here and there are drowned out by rubbish about the game being fixed, steam being crap, blah blah blah.

Reserves

I only go in there to have a laugh...

Anyone here play Pocket Planes for iPhone/iPad/iTouch? Addictive little game.

Amateur

hi there, hope you are enjoying my indonesia run currently, anything i could do to improve it content wise?

Imagine being a mod in GD .

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by dashi112 View Post
    hi there, hope you are enjoying my indonesia run currently, anything i could do to improve it content wise?
    A bit more content perhaps? You don't say too much, but having taken a closer look there isn't too much else you're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by dashi112 View Post
    Personally I find pictures more appealing than words unless it is a truely fantastic read. I love Delta & AcidMonkey's write-up because it is a truely fantastic read and they are very, very good writers but I prefer the use of screenshots in there. Unless you want for it to be a write-up which based off your thread so far it doesnt look that way then a few pictures would help!!! That is my personal opinion and isnt an insult in any way.

Reserves

Not too many though. As someone with a slow connection (made worse by being on the edge of the broadband range of the local exchange, my grandpa living less than a mile away hasn't got it at all), it doesn't take that many screenshots on a page to make loading a bit slow. That and the slightly small size of photobucket embedded pictures is why I use links though I am open to putting at least screenshots in mine soon.

Amateur

well i will only put pics up if neccesary or asked to by others

Third Team

Literally a month to go before the 3rd Annual FMCU awards...

Third Team

In an attempt to rekindle my 'An FM Career - Now with added bitterness.' thread, I failed and really can't get back into the game.

So now I'm looking to start a new journeyman career, where I may even start off at my local club as if in real life and see how far I can get in the footballing world. This would require me to download an Australian expansion file and start off in the local leagues before moving to the A-League (logical) or to the UK (back home). The only down side to this is the amount of leagues I'll need at the start because the 'add/remove leagues' function is broke still (?). I might even just start off unemployed and work my way up from England's lower leagues.

Thoughts?

Youth Team

Not done that in a while. You're brave! Since FMCU has started I'm more than happy with how our 'community' has evolved. Some real good posts and posters which keep me coming back for more

Reserves

Been watching Canada-USA, fantastic game. Bad taste about USA's 3rd equalizer. They protested to get a free-kick awarded (admitedly rightly) due to the keeper holding on for just too long (they even counted the seconds to the ref, how sad is that?), then from it won a penalty for what could only have been ball to hand as the ball was far too quick and there was no arm movement. Plus a few bad fouls in extra-time. Still were a good team though so while I was rooting for Canada, can't begrudge the Americans victory.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Been watching Canada-USA, fantastic game. Bad taste about USA's 3rd equalizer. They protested to get a free-kick awarded (admitedly rightly) due to the keeper holding on for just too long (they even counted the seconds to the ref, how sad is that?), then from it won a penalty for what could only have been ball to hand as the ball was far too quick and there was no arm movement. Plus a few bad fouls in extra-time. Still were a good team though so while I was rooting for Canada, can't begrudge the Americans victory.
    Naturally as a Canadian, I'm p***** at the result. Great game other than the poor reffing. USA was given a penalty for that 3rd goal yet we protested a while before about a penalty yet that wasn't called. Our keeper was a bit shaky today but I don't think we could have done much more considering how pundits were saying we were going to get destroyed. Sinclair was unbelievable. First women's match I watched from start to end. Very entertaining but also very frustrating with the play sometimes.

Not surprisingly in the last few seconds of extra time, thanks to my FM experience, I felt there was a 1% chance that USA would score in that last attack...

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Thierry Henry was doing it in, IIRC, a playoff game against Los Angeles last year (or maybe it was against Seattle? I know I saw him doing it, but I don't remember exactly who it was against). Wasn't doing it to the ref, but was holding his arms and raising a finger for each second

Whats going on fella's? Long time no speak.

Reserves

Just reading the new 'Football Manager ruined my life' book (while playing FM), just come across one story of a chap boasting about the game and his story at a Magic: The Gathering tournament, and everyone being amazed that his story was over 100k words long. While obviously stories are far tougher than career diaries, mine is over 175k so I couldn't help thinking 'is that it?'

Semi Pro

I've considered ordering it but not sure I want to read that book, it might scare me off from the game.

Part-Timer

Struggling to find motivation to carry on my AZ save Decided to start in Germany but not sure who to manage? was thinking Gladbach or Hamburg or Werder Bremen? got Bundersliga 2 loaded up as well.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by john1; 12-08-2012 at 18:11.

I am enjoying my time with Gladbach so far, but that is in 2036 so its a completely different time. Personally, I would chose Hoffenheim, but that doesnt come as a surprise to those who know me .

Reserves

Go with Stuttgart.

First Team Squad Member

Everyone looking forward to the new season?

As a Sunderland fan I am slightly worried we haven't signed anyone apart from Cueller and I highly doubt he will get us the 20 goals a season we need from a new signing. £15 million seems a lot for Fletcher but if that's what it takes that's what we have to pay. As a Crewe fan the season couldn't have started any better 5-0 over Hartlepool in the cup, two goals from the latest youngster Max Clayton. I can see him moving on at the end of the season for a similar fee to what we got for Nick Powell from Man United but I think Clayton could end up being the better player if he makes the right transfer move.

I wish this thread was more active, other parts of the forum bore me.

Reserves

In general, yes, but as an Ipswich fan we look mired in mediocrity for eternity, and too many strong sides around this year for that to change so not sure there'll be much to remember.

First Team Squad Member

You can have Wickham back if you want.

I am slightly scepticle about our season, but optimistic at the same time. I dont think we will get in the top 4, but I think a sustained push is probable. I am looking forward to the way we develop under Brendan Rodgers throughout the season as I think he could be a perfect fit for us. I just hope he gets the time to prove his worth because one season just isnt enough.

I am looking forward to seeing Joe Allen in action for us, and Borini should be full of confidence after scoring against Gomel. I just hope we sell Charlie Adam ASAP. He is turd!!! I would like to see us do a swap deal between Dempsey & Adam. I wouldnt disagree with Rodgers if we sold Andy Carroll for the benefit of all parties, but he scored a nice goal today against Leverkusen...although the goalkeeper should have done better. If we do decide to sell Daniel Agger to City, we have to be stubborn like other teams are with us. No way is he worth £27m, but stand firm and make sure they pay it. Or, £22m plus Adam Johnson.

First Team Squad Member

Do you have any other CB's if Agger went? I can only think of Skrtel, Carragher and Coates. We have been linked to Adam but I think it's just a twitter rumour, to be fair I'd take him but if he came I could see it being as a replacement for Sess. Thing is Sess is a lot better than Adam.

Third Team

I am,I've missed club football as I couldn't really get into the Olympic football or the Euros!!

I'm a Man City fan and to be fair I think we should be fine for this season,we did play some brilliant football today which is encouraging as we played a new formation.I also like the Rodwell signing,with Barry being 31 and De Jong's contract talks stalling,he should be able to help and will also contribute to the home grown quota.I don't honestly think City need much more other then a centre back for cover due to Kolo possibly going.I would love to see John Guidetti go out on loan to a Premier League side,he did well in the Netherlands last season but will be more interesting to see if he can cut in English top flight.

With Sunderland,if Fletcher is costing £15 million then I think that is a bit too much but due to what is available,you may have no choice although I would love to see some City players at Sunderland on loan mainly Razak and Guidetti as I do have a soft spot for Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Do you have any other CB's if Agger went? I can only think of Skrtel, Carragher and Coates. We have been linked to Adam but I think it's just a twitter rumour, to be fair I'd take him but if he came I could see it being as a replacement for Sess. Thing is Sess is a lot better than Adam.
    Martin Kelly is primarly a centre back, but otherwise just what is in the reserves or youth team. There have been a few rumours going round that we will replace him with Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid. Carra is to old now, and to be fair, I dont think Skrtel likes playing with him to be honest.

If anyone bid in the region of £5m for Adam we should snap their hands off. He is a very average player who looked world class in an average Blackpool side. If he plays advanced he could be decent because he is good at shooting and playing through balls, but when he plays in the centre of midfield like he does for us he is shocking. He cant tackle for ****.

First Team Squad Member

We are going to have no choice but to pay it, it doesn't help that clubs know we are desperate for a striker. I heard that Guidetti would have already signed for us on loan but he has some sort of virus that is stopping him from training. I can't see beyond City for the title this season.

I loved the Olympics watched lots of different sports and was hooked on a few. I thought overall the Euro's were poor to watch.

Martin Kelly is primarly a centre back, but otherwise just what is in the reserves or youth team. There have been a few rumours going round that we will replace him with Diego Godin from Atletico Madrid. Carra is to old now, and to be fair, I dont think Skrtel likes playing with him to be honest.

If anyone bid in the region of £5m for Adam we should snap their hands off. He is a very average player who looked world class in an average Blackpool side. If he plays advanced he could be decent because he is good at shooting and playing through balls, but when he plays in the centre of midfield like he does for us he is shocking. He cant tackle for ****.
    I think he would be a good replacement for Sess if we had to lose him, it would mean he would play very advanced behind our striker if we ever sign one.

Quote Originally Posted by B.W.G View Post
    With Sunderland,if Fletcher is costing £15 million then I think that is a bit too much but due to what is available,you may have no choice although I would love to see some City players at Sunderland on loan mainly Razak and Guidetti as I do have a soft spot for Sunderland.
    I thought he was going to Sunderland anyway?

Third Team

I've heard Swansea and Sunderland but there hasn't been any concrete offers yet.

I think he would be a good replacement for Sess if we had to lose him, it would mean he would play very advanced behind our striker if we ever sign one.
    It looks like Fletcher is the one MON has set his heart on so I would expect you to push through with the deal, even if it does cost you £12-15m. He isnt worth it in my eyes, but that seems to be the going rate for ok players these days. Although Gylfi joined Spurs for £9m which just flabergasts me. That is the bargain of the season.

First Team Squad Member

I'm pretty sure his move anywhere is being delayed due to some sort of injury/virus thing.

Gylfi was pretty poor on loan at Crewe as a youngster.

Gylfi was pretty poor on loan at Crewe as a youngster.
    I just remember him being an average player until he somehow overnight became a world beater for Reading and then Hoffenheim signed him.

First Team Squad Member

We loaned him from Reading during the disastrous season that we decided to put an ex-Stoke Icelandic manager in charge and have Gradi step down. He never did anything wrong but didn't really do too much right, like you said next thing I know he's playing great for Reading then off to Germany then back playing well for Swansea. Wonder if Van der Vaart is on his way now they have Sigurdsson.

Although the rumours are there about Van der Vaart, he seems content to stay. From what I have gathered, Gylfi will be a replacement for Modric and play in the middle of the part whilst VdV will play off the front as usual. Spurs are in desperate need of strikers as well. If only Adebayor wasnt such a greedy ****.

First Team Squad Member

They need strikers yet Defoe is constantly linked with a move away.

Where do you think RVP will end up at?

First Team Squad Member

Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed at Arsenal, heard that Juventus have cooled their interest, can't see City coming in for him. Will Man United be willing to pay the wage he will want?

I dont think its to do with the wage he wants, just rather if Wenger will want to sell to Man Utd, or more specifically Fergie.

We all know that Rodgers is preparing a swap deal between him & Andy Caroll .

First Team Squad Member

I dont think its to do with the wage he wants, just rather if Wenger will want to sell to Man Utd, or more specifically Fergie.

We all know that Rodgers is preparing a swap deal between him & Andy Caroll .
    Haha, you want Heskey back really.

I think they would sell to Man United but I don't think Man United want to pay what it would take plus his £200,000 salary on top.

Haha, you want Heskey back really.
    Sinama-Pongolle .

I tell you, if Heskey played remotely close to the way he did at Leicester and when he first joined us he would be a solid signing for most. He just went completely off the boil and hasnt really picked up.

First Team Squad Member

I agree he was a beast at Leicester, they should have tried to hypnotise him or something it was all in his head.

I wonder for what reason he turned down Hull.

First Team Squad Member

Not sure, I was worried as hell that Martin O'Neill was going to bring him here when I heard his contract had expired.

Haha. Ive read a lot of rumours on the Internet, and some in the Northern Echo that you are chasing Stephen Warnock.

First Team Squad Member

It was Warnock and James Collins at one point. We need a left back and it looks like we want Scott Dann for CB, can't believe we sold Turner and kept Bramble.

I know no one probably cares but Crewe have the brother of the ex-Man United Pogba. He is mad either messes up or bumbles his way through everyone somehow keeping the ball. I can see it being fun watching him this season, he'll score some great goals and miss some easy chances.

Youth Team

Definitely looking forward to the new season!

Newcastle have done some tidy business so far, Bigirimana especially looks a great buy. I think we're a bit short of first-team cover though, especially as we have the Europa League to consider as well (really hope we take it seriously - I think we will). Guthrie was a big loss in that respect, but perhaps the management are expecting Abeid and/or Vuckic to take up the slack.

It looks like we'll get Vernon Anita in early next week (although after the Debuchy saga I won't believe it until I see him in the strip), which will hopefully be good as he's apparently quite versatile. We've also been linked with Van der Wiel, which would be excellent, and Loic Remy, although that one seems to be a non-starter at the moment.

Scott Dann would be interesting. Solid player, but if he joined would be he relegated for the third season in a row .

Clumsy players . The best one which springs to my mind is Ali Dia .

First Team Squad Member

Don't remind me how well Newcastle have done, it depresses me!

I love them, they are amazing to watch. It's incredible how the ball can bounce off their ass and shin and yet they are still in control.

Demba Ba definitely staying Snake? Cant see him leaving now as Newcastle will demand in excess of £20m for him.

Youth Team

I'd be really surprised if he went now, and if he did we'd definitely ask £12-15m for him (he'd be £20m without the knee problems). To be honest I wasn't that worried about losing him providing he was replaced well - the way he sulked and got incredibly selfish in his play towards the end of last season and made his goal drought a bigger deal than potentially finishing in a Champions League qualification place was a little unedifying. To be fair to him though, he's always maintained he wanted to stay, so hopefully with his head right we'll see the best of both him and Cisse.

Third Team

I'm very much looking forward to the season as an Arsenal fan.

I genuinely don't care if RVP goes or stays. I think he got ahead of himself after one good season and is slowly coming to terms with the fact that his past injury problems is putting a lot of people off.

Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud looked incredibly sharp in the recent pre-season match against FC Koln and I'm really looking forward to it all starting! I'd like to see Sahin come in on loan tbf.

First Team Regular

Everyone looking forward to the new season?
    Thinking I'm might have to sign up for the sports package on my cable system that gets Gol TV. Looks like Fox Soccer is going all-in on the Premiership and the Champions League. I liked it better in the "old" days (i.e. 5 to 10 years ago) when you'd have a variety of leagues on FSC. Would get some French, Dutch, Argentine action in addition to the EPL. None of that now.

Gol TV would give me the Bundesliga and Brazilian leagues, plus Colombia and the Mexican second division, and some Argentine league matches (though it looks like a steady diet of Boca Juniors). Downside is they lost La Liga and Serie A rights (which they'd sublicense to ESPN and FSC) to beIN Sports, and the Europa League to FSC. But it's "only" an extra $5 a month as part of a package of other channels (most of which I won't watch, with the possible exception of the Big 10 Network, which most of you wouldn't care about )

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I'm very much looking forward to the season as an Arsenal fan.

I genuinely don't care if RVP goes or stays. I think he got ahead of himself after one good season and is slowly coming to terms with the fact that his past injury problems is putting a lot of people off.

Podolski, Cazorla and Giroud looked incredibly sharp in the recent pre-season match against FC Koln and I'm really looking forward to it all starting! I'd like to see Sahin come in on loan tbf.
    It's funny, when RVP looked like going, all the Gunners fans I know were desperate for him to stay, and now it looks like he might stay after all they aren't bothered! The two are, admittedly, linked - you can't criticise a club who has signed the Ligue Un top scorer, a 100-cap Germany legend still in his prime, and the best Spanish playmaker after Xavi and Iniesta for a lack of ambition. Cazorla is just a lovely player, and by all accounts a great bloke. I'm very jealous!

Sahin would be an excellent signing, with the hype having died down due to his injury problems last season people somewhat forget how absolutely brilliant he was for Dortmund the preceding season. I don't see that he's the replacement for Song (if Song goes to Barca) that some of the press are making out though, for me he's in the Wilshere/Arteta position for Arsenal. I think if Song goes you need someone like Lassana Diarra or (not) Tiote, a guy who is tidy enough in possession to keep up but without the positional indiscipline Song is guilty of sometimes. I know he gets assists from it, but I think it doesn't help your defence at all. With Cazorla and Sahin in the final third, you won't need to worry about creativity further forward!

I should emphasise again, not Tiote. Someone like him. But not him. He's ours.

Keep your hands off Sahin, he is ours .

Youth Team

I really hope Sahin doesn't go to Liverpool, I enjoy them being the pantomime villains, I don't want them to sign anyone I like!

Nice read from Agger on the Sky Sports website. Basically saying he wants to stay but its out of his hands. I dont see the club wanting to sell him, but if City offer £27m, we would be mad to say no.

Youth Team

Agger is an excellent player, but somewhat of a luxury for Liverpool at the moment. It's no use having 3 top-class centre-halves (and Jamie Carragher) when you only have one winger, assuming Bellamy is off.

Reserves

Bellamy has gone hasn't he? If he hasn't, the Cardiff City fans seem 99.9% certain he's going to them.

Subs Bench

He has gone. He has been given the number 39 shirt again.

We sold him before we signed Joe Allen.

Subs Bench

Well you didn't technically sell him, but that's by the by.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtuck01 View Post
    Well you didn't technically sell him, but that's by the by.
    Yeah, lets avoid the logic .

Reserves
    FMSer of the Year & Writer of the Year 2012

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone in this part of the forum would be interested in joining the fantasy football league I have running in the FM Stories side of the forum. It would be good to have a little bit of friendly inter forum rivalry.

If anyone is interested we have got to this Saturday at 11:30am to add your team
    If you are interested PM me and if I get enough members willing to sign up I will set a thread up in this part of the forum

Cheers Mark Wilson27
    Last edited by mark wilson27; 14-08-2012 at 18:40.

Youth Team

What do you reckon of the Joe Allen signing? I think £15m is incredibly steep, could well be the new Jordan Henderson.

What do you reckon of the Joe Allen signing? I think £15m is incredibly steep, could well be the new Jordan Henderson.
    Steep yes, but Im not surprised we paid it. That seems to be the going rate for British players now. Its one of those things, as with the Henderson deal that we look at now and think we paid over the odds, but I firmly believe that both will be looked at in 5-6 years time as quality buys. Allen is already a cracking player, but he can improve, and you forget that Henderson is only 21-22.

Allen I think is ready to hit the ground running now, but Henderson still needs a couple more years to improve in my eyes.

First Team Squad Member

Thought this was a little strange. On my save I left Crewe and went to Real Madrid for a season and had half a season at Independiente. I realised I shouldn't have ever left Crewe so I loaded up my save from before I joined Real Madrid and rejected the offer and have been at Crewe for ages now. However my Crewe managers hall of fame still includes the stuff not won in the current save, I thought it would reset it to the point I was at when I reloaded the save from before I left Crewe. Is this because the Hall of Fame isn't save specific?

World Cup Winner

Yes, the hall of fame is independent from the save game, it records everything.

Reserves

I had noticed that in previous versions.

First Team Squad Member

Thought so, I saw my manager on my missus hall of fame on her save but for some reason I expected my Real Madrid and Independiente achievements to be taken off.

Amateur

Steep yes, but Im not surprised we paid it. That seems to be the going rate for British players now. Its one of those things, as with the Henderson deal that we look at now and think we paid over the odds, but I firmly believe that both will be looked at in 5-6 years time as quality buys. Allen is already a cracking player, but he can improve, and you forget that Henderson is only 21-22.

Allen I think is ready to hit the ground running now, but Henderson still needs a couple more years to improve in my eyes.
    Tbh I think Allen is more gifted than Henderson. Henderson looked decent at Sunderland but Allen was brilliant for the Swans. We'll see though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 71 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast