+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,400 of 7074

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Hi can anyone help me with my thread please. I've cut sections from whole screenshots but when I posted them in the thread using imageshack they are still full page sized with the part I cut displayed as a white background. How do I cut the part that I want and save it only so that part is displayed in my thread. Thanks in advance.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Niebiescy View Post
    Hi can anyone help me with my thread please. I've cut sections from whole screenshots but when I posted them in the thread using imageshack they are still full page sized with the part I cut displayed as a white background. How do I cut the part that I want and save it only so that part is displayed in my thread. Thanks in advance.
    If you're using paint, make the canvas size as small as possible so that when you cut the screenshot and paste it back into paint, there will be no white part.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    He managed it with switzerland and guided them to 3rd in the FIFA Rankings, and nearly lead finland to Euro 2008
    Good point I guess he got West Brom out of their slump when he joined pretty sharpish as well.

I guess a lot of it depends on whether the players buy into his methods. And how many toys are left in the pram when the papers have finished banging on about Redknapp.

Third Team

I think Hodgson's getting the job almost as much for what he'll do for the new St George's training facility than for the England senior team. It's absolutely vital that the centre starts as it means to go on and Hodgson is the type of cerebral manager that will constantly be thinking of ways to make it work. Not least, he's a capable manager too. Perhaps his coaching techniques differ at international level, I don't know. Maybe we'll find out more at 4pm today!

Third Team

I certainly don't mind Hodgson as England manager, in fact, I'd rather have him than Redknapp.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Good point I guess he got West Brom out of their slump when he joined pretty sharpish as well.

I guess a lot of it depends on whether the players buy into his methods. And how many toys are left in the pram when the papers have finished banging on about Redknapp.
    Do you think they will bang on about Redknapp then?

I mean, I might be being naive but I think the reaction to the news has been pretty good for the most part and pretty neutral for the worst. I'm a broadsheet reader and the papers I read have generally praised Hodgson and been tentatively sort of pleased about his appointment. No idea about the tabloids though. I did hear that some paper had described this as the FA's modern day 'Clough moment', which I thought was highly ridiculous! Harry Redknapp is definitely no Brian Clough!

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    I think Hodgson's getting the job almost as much for what he'll do for the new St George's training facility than for the England senior team. It's absolutely vital that the centre starts as it means to go on and Hodgson is the type of cerebral manager that will constantly be thinking of ways to make it work. Not least, he's a capable manager too. Perhaps his coaching techniques differ at international level, I don't know. Maybe we'll find out more at 4pm today!
    Totally agree, Iacovone. I'm 100% backing Roy for the England job and I'm hoping that he'll be a success. I'm expecting him to make England hard to beat and I actually think his style will suit international football.

Roy is still one of my favourite managers and perhaps a manager that I like to emulate in FM in my own style. Like Roy, I'm a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 man primarily and I like my sides to be well drilled and prefer a more rigid style. I also like the fact that he is a gentleman and an intelligent manager, which is something often found lacking in our game here in England! Also, to have an Englishman with a bit of sophistication and intelligence about him representing our country will be a nice change!

Youth Team

Alright guys I'm thinking of buying fm12 tonite but remember havibg problems with the 3d on the demo sonething to do with intel graphics card has this problem been solved yet in the patches or final versiom

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    If you're using paint, make the canvas size as small as possible so that when you cut the screenshot and paste it back into paint, there will be no white part.
    Do you mean making the canvas you paste it on to as small as possible? If that's what you mean how do you do it? Sorry to sound stupid but I've never used paint in my life.

Third Team

Yeah that's exactly it, in the top left corner there will be a button that says 'resize' and from there just adjust the values to a smaller size so that when you paste something in, that screenshot will always be bigger than your canvas size.

Good explanation. Now I fully understand. Thanks.

Third Team

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    Alright guys I'm thinking of buying fm12 tonite but remember havibg problems with the 3d on the demo sonething to do with intel graphics card has this problem been solved yet in the patches or final versiom
    Never had any problems on either demo or final version so don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Do you think they will bang on about Redknapp then?

I mean, I might be being naive but I think the reaction to the news has been pretty good for the most part and pretty neutral for the worst. I'm a broadsheet reader and the papers I read have generally praised Hodgson and been tentatively sort of pleased about his appointment. No idea about the tabloids though. I did hear that some paper had described this as the FA's modern day 'Clough moment', which I thought was highly ridiculous! Harry Redknapp is definitely no Brian Clough!
    Yeah the "Clough moment" rubbish was pretty representative of the general wailing and gnashing of teeth from the tabs. Then one paper today tried to say it was because Sandra didn't want to move house, when in fact Redknapp was never contacted about the job, so the fine tradition of making up bollocks continues alive and well.

Part-Timer

I need help with something lads...

I've just finished a season with Forest, my 8th with them and we've won the quadruple. It's our third EPL title in a row, and I have one more year on my contact.

So.... Do I stay for one more year but probably get nowhere near the previous seasons achievements or leave now although there don't seem to be many jobs around?

Also england manager btw

Reserves

Stay, if you're fond of your side. You never know how far you can go, even if things drop off, you can fight to get back up. A few seasons of underachievement and little money after I took Ipswich to being PL and CL champions meant it was time to go but I actually backtracked, then went back when I did leave because I regretted doing so, as logical thing to do as it was.

Part-Timer

A fair point, a new stadium is due to be finished in about 2 months, capacity will still be only 40000, so we will still be lagging way behind the income of the elite teams..

We have the best striker in the world and another couple of world class ndwgens, it would be a shame but how do you follow up a quadruple?

Semi Pro

Can't you win 6 in a season? There you go

Semi Pro

I did it, just.

Honestly, never attempt anything like it with good training before hand, it's not a good idea

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    Can't you win 6 in a season? There you go

I've signed a new 5 year(?) contract, but if a BIG club comes in I might well leave this time. I've turned down Madrid before...I must be mad....

EDIT: Btw, how could I win 6??!! If the charity shield counts then its 5 not 4 last season intercontinental?
    Last edited by jaycar; 04-05-2012 at 13:37.

First Team Squad Member

Club World Cup, Euro Super Cup, Charity Shield, League, FA Cup, League Cup?

Part-Timer

Ah must be the super cup..

Part-Timer

I'm taking a bit of time off FM whilst I prep for uni exams, seems a good time to ask if anyone had any tips on how I might improve my career thread. Link is here: http://community.sigames.com/showthr...ound-the-World

It's my first time doing this, and I'm not convinced I've really hit on a good formula as things stand, so any comments would be appreciated

Reserves

Anyone play New Star Soccer on iOS? Nice fun game to pass the time and addictive.

And in unrelated news, 0-8. I thought it was bad enough we have the Leafs who never make playoffs, the ever tanking Raptors, and the unlucky Jays, but then there's TFC in our 6th year of rebuilding in our 6 year history as a professional soccer team.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Anyone play New Star Soccer on iOS? Nice fun game to pass the time and addictive.

And in unrelated news, 0-8. I thought it was bad enough we have the Leafs who never make playoffs, the ever tanking Raptors, and the unlucky Jays, but then there's TFC in our 6th year of rebuilding in our 6 year history as a professional soccer team.
    HA! Yes, Level 10 with Roma now. ;) And TROLOLOLOLOLOL Toronto. Although, I'll be praying for the sweep not to happen tonight for my team

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

I have played that game online but not on an ios. Level 23 with Chelsea having won the treble the past 2 seasons. Such a good way to procrastinate while you're meant to be revising.

Youth Team

Everyone recovered from that Aguero goal now?! Truly unbelievable ending to the season

Reserves

Indeed, and if Bolton had held on that goal would have relegated QPR and given City the title at the same time. Sadly a lot of Arsenal fans being very immature right now.

Semi Pro

Absolutely extraordinary. For you older one, it even eclipses 1989 IMO.

Reserves

Miracle in Manchester!

I was just speechless because even I thought Man Utd had the title in the bag going into extra time...I wasn't alive in 1989 so this was the most epic finish in my years of watching soccer!

Youth Team

Haha, Man utd fans celebrating the title only for news to filter through the faces were awesome and the sunderland fans doing the Pozan!

Semi Pro

Movie on tonight at 8pm. It is the story of Man Utd's season this year. "Gone in 60 Seconds"

First Team Regular

More than 1,000 paid attendance for Detroit City FC's debut in the 4th tier, amateur, NPSL.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2012205130570

They're doing everything the right way: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...|text|Sports|s

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    Haha, Man utd fans celebrating the title only for news to filter through the faces were awesome and the sunderland fans doing the Pozan!
    Is there a way to stop British people from calling it the Poznan ;)

It's so annoying. Basically every ultras group in Europe does it. Lech weren't one of the first to come up with the idea.

#RantOver

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Niebiescy View Post
    Is there a way to stop British people from calling it the Poznan ;)

It's so annoying. Basically every ultras group in Europe does it. Lech weren't one of the first to come up with the idea.

#RantOver
    But that is exactly what it is called over here as they learnt it from Lech Poznan. So in the UK it is called the Poznan.

The same as crisps in America being called chips.

Semi Pro

It's certainly up there with 1989 and the year Blackburn won it when Redknapp scored the winner but United failed to beat West Ham. This is why the Premier League is better than La Liga, imo of course ;).

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post
    More than 1,000 paid attendance for Detroit City FC's debut in the 4th tier, amateur, NPSL.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2012205130570

They're doing everything the right way: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...|text|Sports|s

More at http://apps.detroitnews.com/apps/mul...y.php?id=14235

Semi Pro

Quick question guys...how do you insert youtube videos into a thread? Not the highlights of your game, just general videos?

First Team Squad Member

[ video ] and [ /video ] without the spaces.

See here for a full list of the codes you can use on the forum - http://community.sigames.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Semi Pro

Cheers C.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Movie on tonight at 8pm. It is the story of Man Utd's season this year. "Gone in 60 Seconds"

It wasn't even that long.

First Team Squad Member

I'm going to go all off topic and Minecrafty. I hope nobody minds but I know some of you are Minecraft players.

Has anyone here been watching the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore series? If not, I recommend it, as it's great entertainment. Season 6 has just started up!

I'll be mainly watching Etho, Zisteau and Kurt's perspectives, I think.

Anyone else watching? If you are watching, who do you think will win this season? Any predictions?

I'm actually doing a little series of videos on my YouTube channel playing the Ultra Hardcore mod and seeing how I can get on surviving in SSP. For anyone who is interested, the details are below:

Minecraft: Ultra Hardcore SSP 001 - The Beginning

Welcome to Minecraft but not just your normal Minecraft experience - this is Minecraft Ultra Hardcore style!

I've been addicted to watching the Mindcrack guys playing Ultra Hardcore for some time now and I really wanted to try out the mod myself. So here is my attempt to survive whilst playing the Ultra Hardcore mod.

The mod basically makes the game really tough! No more regenerating health, for example, because now the only way to recover health is with golden apples or instant health potions. Health does not recover from keeping your hunger bar full.

Golden apples require 8 gold ingots (instead of nuggets) and an apple to craft. Glistering Melons require 1 gold block (instead of 1 nugget) and a melon.

You can find out more and download the mod here - http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...rdcorexxx-mod/

The only real rule I am setting myself is that no branch/strip mining is allowed, as that would be boring to watch. However, digging down to find a cave is fine and use of F3 is fine for checking the level I'm at and so on and so forth.

In this first episode, I get started and already begin to feel the pressure! I wonder how long I can survive with this method of playing?
    That's the end of my Minecrafty off topicness for now. ;)

Third Team

EFF Detroit City. I hate them on principle.

Youth Team

Finally getting round to listening to those Mahler CDs I ordered ages ago on your recommendation, Crouchy!

First impressions - very, very good. In some ways his work reminds me of my favourite work by Nobuo Uematsu (the guy who did the soundtracks for the Final Fantasy games). The soundtrack for Final Fantasy 7 in particular is absolutely amazing, and the fact that it's done with MIDI in game is just ridiculous.

First Team Squad Member

Glad you are enjoying so far SnakeXe. Which symphonies have you listened to so far?

Youth Team

I listened to No. 1 whilst doing some marking this morning, and I have an hour's drive to see a physio tomorrow so planning to listen to No. 5 then

I've had so little time to do anything recently, it's ridiculous. Finally had a bit of time this afternoon, so got stuck into Diablo 3 - it's really really good (once you get the damned thing to work!). Anyone else playing?

First Team Squad Member

Symphony no.1 and no.5 are the first two that I got really hooked on. Both are fantastic! To be honest, all of the symphonies are magnificent.

Enjoy Symphony no.5! The first movement of that symphony gets to me every time. The cliffhanger beginning, the funeral march and the chaotic and operatic middle section (love the rhythmic brass) and the lingering conclusion of the movement. Epic and astonishing!

The 5th actually still holds quite a bit of mystery for me. I feel like I 'understand' most of the other symphonies, as much as a non-musician like me can anyway (well, I played a little piano when I was younger and I can read music) but the 5th has something about it that leaves me always pondering it for quite some time afterwards. Thinking about it right now, I wonder if it's because I find less humour in it than I do in other Mahler works. Mahler's music has a lot of humour in it. Even the darkest of Mahler's music often contains some ironic humour in it, which makes it all the more poignant for me, personally.

But anyway, I can't recommend the symphonies highly enough. There is music to fall in love with in every single one. There is a whole world for you to discover in his music. So much depth, so much quality. Each symphony tells a story and has its own narrative. I actually envy you listening to it the first time. When I first 'discovered' Mahler and set out to listen from the first symphony to the last in order to try to 'understand' the music, it is one of my fondest memories. It was a beautiful summer, I remember, and I was at home studying having left my job in the civil service and having decided to study. I had recently moved in with my girlfriend (now my wife) and I spent beautiful summer days reading modernist novels by the likes of James Joyce and then listening to Mahler in the bedroom in the evenings. Some of the best days of my life right there, to be honest!

Youth Team

I've started doing a thread on my game in Uruguay, sorry if a stupid question but how do you add images??

I've clicked the image icon but they keep failing to upload and I don't know why. I've tried uploading png files from my computer but it says they're invalid.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    I've started doing a thread on my game in Uruguay, sorry if a stupid question but how do you add images??

I've clicked the image icon but they keep failing to upload and I don't know why. I've tried uploading png files from my computer but it says they're invalid.
    I registered at ImageSHack. Use the links from there and add to the thread here by posting: [ img ] Post Image here [ /img ] (without the spaces).

Youth Team

Symphony no.1 and no.5 are the first two that I got really hooked on. Both are fantastic! To be honest, all of the symphonies are magnificent.

Enjoy Symphony no.5! The first movement of that symphony gets to me every time. The cliffhanger beginning, the funeral march and the chaotic and operatic middle section (love the rhythmic brass) and the lingering conclusion of the movement. Epic and astonishing!

The 5th actually still holds quite a bit of mystery for me. I feel like I 'understand' most of the other symphonies, as much as a non-musician like me can anyway (well, I played a little piano when I was younger and I can read music) but the 5th has something about it that leaves me always pondering it for quite some time afterwards. Thinking about it right now, I wonder if it's because I find less humour in it than I do in other Mahler works. Mahler's music has a lot of humour in it. Even the darkest of Mahler's music often contains some ironic humour in it, which makes it all the more poignant for me, personally.

But anyway, I can't recommend the symphonies highly enough. There is music to fall in love with in every single one. There is a whole world for you to discover in his music. So much depth, so much quality. Each symphony tells a story and has its own narrative. I actually envy you listening to it the first time. When I first 'discovered' Mahler and set out to listen from the first symphony to the last in order to try to 'understand' the music, it is one of my fondest memories. It was a beautiful summer, I remember, and I was at home studying having left my job in the civil service and having decided to study. I had recently moved in with my girlfriend (now my wife) and I spent beautiful summer days reading modernist novels by the likes of James Joyce and then listening to Mahler in the bedroom in the evenings. Some of the best days of my life right there, to be honest!
    That's exactly what music is about for me, something that elicits a strong emotional response!

No. 5 is excellent as well, I think just about my favourite of the two so far. I'll definitely be listening to them a few more times though, you definitely can't take it all in in one listen. I just put No 1 on again and it seems to be a hit with the cats, both snoozing away, happy as Larry!

First Team Squad Member

One thing I've noticed whilst playing FM12 lately is that I can hardly remember ever having been asked about pitch dimensions at the beginning of a new season.

Is this a bug or intentional? Has anyone else noticed this interaction missing? Maybe something has changed for FM12 and I haven't realised! Any comments appreciated.

Semi Pro

One thing I've noticed whilst playing FM12 lately is that I can hardly remember ever having been asked about pitch dimensions at the beginning of a new season.

Is this a bug or intentional? Has anyone else noticed this interaction missing? Maybe something has changed for FM12 and I haven't realised! Any comments appreciated.
    Always there for me

First Team Squad Member

Always there for me as well.

I am at Crewe in the Championship and had no fixtures from the 3rd of December until the 26th of December surely that cannot be right, can it?

First Team Squad Member

Always there for me
    It's really weird. I definitely haven't had it this pre-season as I was specifically looking out for it.

Unless maybe I missed it but it seems unlikely as I think it requires a response, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post

I am at Crewe in the Championship and had no fixtures from the 3rd of December until the 26th of December surely that cannot be right, can it?
    That doesn't sound right at all, AB!

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post

Most certainly not.

First Team Squad Member

Thought it was a bit weird.

World Cup Winner

It's always there for me as well.

Do you share/rent your ground?

First Team Squad Member

I share my ground with Chievo Verona. Could that be the reason why I'm not getting the message then?

Semi Pro

I share my ground with Chievo Verona. Could that be the reason why I'm not getting the message then?
    Yep, the decision to alter the pitch isn't yours to make.

First Team Squad Member

Yep, the decision to alter the pitch isn't yours to make.
    Well, that explains it then. I just didn't think of it but now Dafuge mentioned it, it's so obvious!

What happens regarding the pitch size then? I assume it just stays at the default setting all of the time then?

Reserves

At Milan I can choose, on FM11 though.

Semi Pro

Logged on this morning and had error messages. On whatever save I use. The last save was corrupted but my backup was ok (though I still get error messages but I can play). I have deleted the game and am re installing.

Anyone else had this before?

Semi Pro

It appears to be ok now after re-installing.

Semi Pro

Actually, I still get one error. When I load the saved game and when I quit the game, I get: "not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 at Profile0.xml"

Any ideas?
    Last edited by DazRTaylor; 20-05-2012 at 12:09.

Youth Team

XML errors are bad. I'd go back to a backup from before that happens if you can. If not, it'll work for a while, but it's a slippery slope - the error will compound.

On another note, I absolutely despise John Terry. No class at all. His teammates battle their way to become the worst team ever to win the Champions League despite his absolute nonsense cowardly assault on Alexis Sanchez, and he makes it all about him, galavanting around in full kit like the moron he is. There's many things I don't like about Roy Keane but his behaviour in 99 - where he actually contributed in a massive way to them winning the thing, rather than being a hinderance - was a class above.

I'd have loved to have seen his opinion on little JT's antics.

Youth Team

Although...

Take that you melty-faced illiterate cretin

Semi Pro

I have resolved it - there is a thread on FMScout about it and it is now fixed.

First Team Regular

Although...

Take that you melty-faced illiterate cretin
    "Finishin' 4th and reachin' the Champions League is triffic for this club. Really triffic. What's that? Chelsea won? We're not in the Champions League? Naw, that can't be right. Europa League you say? ****." [/spoken through open vehicle window]

First Team Regular

On another note, Danny Koevermans looks like he's about to cry in this: http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/0...ns-may-19-2012

Toronto extending their MLS record worst start to a season to 9 losses from 9 matches.

That said, it's good to see one of MLS' high-priced Euro imports obviously cares about the team's results and isn't just here to collect a big wage.

Reserves

On another note, Danny Koevermans looks like he's about to cry in this: http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2012/0...ns-may-19-2012

Toronto extending their MLS record worst start to a season to 9 losses from 9 matches.

That said, it's good to see one of MLS' high-priced Euro imports obviously cares about the team's results and isn't just here to collect a big wage.
    It's gotten to the point where I'm not even mad anymore when we lose. I admit that I don't even watch the games now. Didn't realize life as a Toronto sports fan could actually get worse after the NHL/NBA seasons ended early.

Youth Team

Crouchy/Flamers, having watched a few more LP channels on Youtube (looking for a decent one of the Day Z mod), I can say that you have the (apparently) rare gift of voices that don't make me want to pack my ears with cotton wool on an industrial scale. I started watching one that looked quite good/professional with intro graphics etc and then the guy started speaking. Dear god.

First Team Regular

It's gotten to the point where I'm not even mad anymore when we lose. I admit that I don't even watch the games now. Didn't realize life as a Toronto sports fan could actually get worse after the NHL/NBA seasons ended early.
    You and King Jeff over in the Football Forum basically thinking alike.

Part-Timer

I'm getting itchy feet already after my last career finished, and my exams will be over tomorrow, leaving a definitively FM-shaped gap.

I'm thinking of having a go at a youth challenge, but instead of a small nation I'd start in the BSS or BSN, since I don't think I can match the long-term commitment of Makoto Nakamura or hrbrfc! Only thing is, I'm thinking about using the same save from my old challenge, where Müller just retired, and creating a new manager at one of the promoted teams after the league reset - I like the idea of keeping the same world going and pushing further into the future.

I've had a think and can't see why it would be a problem, but thought I'd put something up here first in case I'm missing something really obvious. I'd hate to realise 1 or 2 seasons into a save game that I'd made a mess of it!

Reserves

You and King Jeff over in the Football Forum basically thinking alike.
    I've been annoyed all year with the other teams in town. I got better things to do than to get mad at another!

I watch more hockey games that don't involve Toronto teams just for the entertainment of watching good hockey, whether regular season or playoffs (hate basketball). I probably won't spend another cent on an MLSE-owned franchise for a while until the results come back.

First Team Squad Member

Does anyone in here remember The Harry_Pontek?

Third Team

The one that used to end all his post with that funny thing he did?

Yes.

In other news, just started up a new game with quite a few leagues loaded as my other one isn't really luring me in anymore. Started unemployed, sunday league rep and have the choice to go to Brazil or Norway. Could wait for a bit and see what's in the BSN/S leagues, haven't played a lower league style game in a while.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, that guy! He seems to be back on OTF!

Well, him or an impersonator anyway!

Third Team

Started up a new journeyman career, question is where do I go first?!

Applied for two jobs straight up, Santo Andre of the Brazilian Third Division and Bela Krajina of the Slovenian bottom tier. Both are countries that I have never once managed in, in my FM career.

Reserves

Depends how long you life your seasons. Brazil has an insane amount of games, Slovenia much briefer.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    Depends how long you life your seasons. Brazil has an insane amount of games, Slovenia much briefer.
    I think I'm going to give Brazil a go, plus trying to play as 'realistic' as possible and they offered me more money.

Semi Pro
    In game: To the north of the Arctic Circle

Anybody come up with a decent thread name for this? http://community.sigames.com/showthr...78#post7839078

I hate the title so would like to change it, but as yet I have nothing....

Reserves

Does anyone in here remember The Harry_Pontek?
    He's back!

Youth Team

Anyone care to fill me in? He sounds like he has a disorder of some kind...

International Squad

Yeah, that guy! He seems to be back on OTF!

Well, him or an impersonator anyway!
    Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and He'sBackWithHisEndingsTek.

First Team Squad Member

Anyone care to fill me in? He sounds like he has a disorder of some kind...
    Yeah, I think maybe 'quirky' is the nice way of describing him. ;)

He used to post quite a bit on the forums back in the day. I'm talking about when the game was CM rather than FM, so this is a long time ago.

His posting style was always quite amusing to me but it's actually more to do with remembering the 'old days' on these forums! I just wondered if anyone else remembered The Harry Pontek and not forgetting Mrs The Harry_Pontek too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    Pontek!!Pontek!!Pontek!! and He'sBackWithHisEndingsTek.
    Exactly!

Youth Team

Ahh I see! I had a log in on here before this one, but I don't think I ever posted with it, just had a quick look around, was intimidated by the size of the forum, and gave up. The first FM related forum I posted on was cm4rums.com (which then became fm4rums) which was obviously the CM4/03-04 time. Had a good couple of careers I posted up on there, one with Udinese on FM05 and then one with Real Betis on 06. Racked up a good 1000 posts on there before it shut down, then got a log-in on here. Only really started posting on here frequently around the end of FM08/start of 09.

Reserves

There's a Mrs The Harry_Pontek too?

I'm surprised he managed to keep this style up all these years. There's no one like him.

Youth Team

Yeah, I think maybe 'quirky' is the nice way of describing him. ;)

He used to post quite a bit on the forums back in the day. I'm talking about when the game was CM rather than FM, so this is a long time ago.

His posting style was always quite amusing to me but it's actually more to do with remembering the 'old days' on these forums! I just wondered if anyone else remembered The Harry Pontek and not forgetting Mrs The Harry_Pontek too!

Exactly!
    they were brilliant i used to LOVE reading his posts

Amateur

Default playing all leagues possible from every country on the game that is possible

Hi am new here but i buy all football manager games and i have seen people playing with lower teams than the game allows and i want to be able to do this so if anybody knows how to do it please can you help me by replying to this thread thanks

MCPridz

Amateur

Hi im new to the forums and want to know how to play every league possible for every country so if anybody knows please can you reply to this thread and please tell me thanks

MCPridz

First Team Squad Member

http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...itors-Hideaway

The editors forum should have everything you are looking for most threads have instructions on how to install their created leagues.

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MCPridz View Post
    Hi im new to the forums and want to know how to play every league possible for every country so if anybody knows please can you reply to this thread and please tell me thanks

MCPridz
    Select every country and league when you set up your game. Easy.

Amateur

Hi guys, I'm thinking of starting a journeyman save and was wandering if anyone has any tips on how to best enjoy a journeyman save? Aiming to start unemployed with either a sunday-league or semi-pro reputation and load various leagues in Europe and maybe also around the world. For example, would you suggest setting aims for the save or just see where the game takes you? Also, in terms of tactics at the lower clubs would you suggest keeping things as simple as possible or micro-manage every little thing or is this just a preference depending on what type of manager you are? Thanks in advance

Reserves

I don't really have goals, though maybe I should have a few, also keep things simple, but the beauty of FM is that so much can be done according to preference so there isn't a 'best' way to go about things, and you can just go with what you feel works best for you.

Amateur

Cheers deltablue. I'd say I'm poor to average at FM so I think what will work best for me is to just load a variety of leagues and see where my career takes me rather than set out certain goals, although ultimately my goal will be to get as to high a level as I can. But my main aim will be to just enjoy the save. Thanks for your help

Semi Pro

I would agree with that, the game's about having fun, some people have fun by adhering to strict rules but frankly just go with the flow and keep an open mind as to where the career should go.

International Squad

I always start in the lowest league of a country (usually England) and play as realistically as the game allows. I then try to do the best I can, sometimes with one club, sometimes moving on.

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    I always start in the lowest league of a country (usually England) and play as realistically as the game allows. I then try to do the best I can, sometimes with one club, sometimes moving on.
    I'm pretty much the same. I usually always start in the lowest league (with my Roy Crouchson England save being a rare exception).

It generally feels a bit wrong to me not to start at the very bottom as I tend to 'role play' and I always want to start as an new and inexperienced manager learning his trade in the game.

I always try to make sure that I play in a realistic manner and with no cheats/exploits (should go without saying) and I always think carefully about career decisions I make in order to keep things as fair and as realistic as I can. Perhaps I'm not as strict as Nobby with my realism as I don't have his LLM roots but I definitely have a lot in common with his style of play.

The main thing for me is that I try to make sure that I don't treat FM in a gamey type of way. I try to play as if it's real life and I try to apply whatever thoughts I would have if I was in a real life football situation. This approach has generally always served me well in FM.

First Team Squad Member

The Skyrim DLC looks pretty damn cool.

Amateur

Thanks for all your help guys. Going to start a save soon and just see where it takes me. Just got to decide which leagues to load now, will probably just pick a variety from around Europe.

Semi Pro

Oh, by the way. I am alive.

Third Team

One thing that annoys me about FM12 is the easy way of picking up released talent from higher clubs. I've picked up three absolute gems that no other club even attempted to pick up. Why???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast