+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,900 of 6972

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Sometimes I do get the feeling a result is on the cards quite early in a match though. Although I've been proven wrong on that - for example hitting the woodwork 3 times only to go 1-0 down from their first attack, it always feels to me like we'll batter them all game and never quite manage to score, but a couple of times in my last season we've come back to win comfortably.
    That was exactly it. I had 3 shots cleared off the line in the first three minutes. However, I ended up winning 2-0.

Third Team

What the hell did you do that for?! It's like the bad bits of Sunderland in there....
    Oh God, it was horrific. Every bleedin' post was "This game is ****!!". I don't notice half the **** that they complain about. Mainly as they're bitching about not being able to sign Sakho for £20m for Man City.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    I've just been in GD. NEVER let me go in there again...
    I posted in there not long ago, was asking about the Soccer AM team being in FM12, just asked if it was some sort of joke. I got quickly shunned away.

Conspiracy theories I tell ya!

Semi Pro

I thought you'd of learnt by now Deisler not to venture in to GD! ;) I only hang around here and sometimes the challenges forum.

Semi Pro

GD? What is GD?

Semi Pro

General Discussion. I'll advise you now...don't go in there! ;)

Semi Pro

Ah. There are a few I dont go in. I started going into LLM but that has shown itself to be an elitest forum with one massive clique. If you ask a question you are generally pounced upon and ridiculed.

Semi Pro

I tend to find that too, very elitest hence why I wanted this forum to be created a few years ago.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    I tend to find that too, very elitest hence why I wanted this forum to be created a few years ago.
    Well done then as I have found my home here - I love the threads, the encouragement and the friendly posters. +

Semi Pro

We've attracted some good posters here and I for one am pleased at how this forum has turned out, not to mention the fantastic threads which are both great to read and which give inspiration to our own games.

Semi Pro

Sometimes I do get the feeling a result is on the cards quite early in a match though. Although I've been proven wrong on that - for example hitting the woodwork 3 times only to go 1-0 down from their first attack, it always feels to me like we'll batter them all game and never quite manage to score, but a couple of times in my last season we've come back to win comfortably.
    I suppose I was half proven wrong in this match, because at half time I fully expected we'd lose: woodwork 4 times by then (one more in the 2nd half), we finally score, only to score an own goal three minutes later, thereby highlighting the current match engine's two main annoyances for me, heh. I'm glad we managed to get a point from that match.

Amateur

Im wanting to start a journeyman career. Im normally a one club man. Take a lower league club to as high as i can get them. So im a little unsure how to approach a journeyman save. I have a couple of questions so i can give myself an idea how best to approach one, particularity setting the game up.

1. My laptop says i shouldnt exceed 75k players. Would it slow it the game or laptop down if went over that?

2. Has anyone had much experience with the add/remove league function? Because i was thinking for my journeyman career. Maybe loading up all the small and obscure countries. Building my reputation up in them. Then moving onto the larger countries, i.e Spain, Italy etc. My laptop wouldnt be able to handle loading up all the leagues/countires i wanted to play in. So i would have to add and remove leagues once my rep grow, so i could further my career.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Fletchdt; 24-11-2011 at 13:55.

Youth Team

Check out Azeryk's thread, he's been doing pretty much that.

As for adding in more players than recommended, it will inevitably slow your game down as there's more data to process. I'd go with some key leagues that you load from the start - the big four/five in Europe and maybe Brazil and Argentina, and maybe use the add/remove to colour around this with smaller leagues that you might like to manage in. Like start with a couple of Scandinavian or Eastern european ones, then Holland or Portugal as your rep rises.

Youth Team

hows everyone finding fm12 then?

Semi Pro

I'm not

Youth Team

I really like it! Then I loved FM10 and 11 too. I think FM09>FM10 was the biggest leap forward the series has taken in a long long time. I think I've enjoyed the game far more since boycotting GD

Third Team

I think I've enjoyed the game far more since boycotting GD

Amateur

Check out Azeryk's thread, he's been doing pretty much that.

As for adding in more players than recommended, it will inevitably slow your game down as there's more data to process. I'd go with some key leagues that you load from the start - the big four/five in Europe and maybe Brazil and Argentina, and maybe use the add/remove to colour around this with smaller leagues that you might like to manage in. Like start with a couple of Scandinavian or Eastern european ones, then Holland or Portugal as your rep rises.
    Thanks for the info SnakeXe. Thats what i thought with going over the recommend amount of players. Im sure an extra 5k or 10k wouldnt make to much difference though. I had a read of Azeryk's thread and yeah its very similar to want i want to do.

Im trying to find the starting league/country reputations for all the countries in the game. Can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    I finding it quite easy at the minute but I'm not sure if that's because of the league I'm playing in. I've gone from the Evo-Stik First Division to the Blue Square Premier quite easily and am hoping that it gets a little more difficult now I'm at level 5.

Whether it's difficult in other countries I'm not sure as I've not had chance to play there yet.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchdt View Post
    Im wanting to start a journeyman career. Im normally a one club man. Take a lower league club to as high as i can get them. So im a little unsure how to approach a journeyman save. I have a couple of questions so i can give myself an idea how best to approach one, particularity setting the game up.

1. My laptop says i shouldnt exceed 75k players. Would it slow it the game or laptop down if went over that?

2. Has anyone had much experience with the add/remove league function? Because i was thinking for my journeyman career. Maybe loading up all the small and obscure countries. Building my reputation up in them. Then moving onto the larger countries, i.e Spain, Italy etc. My laptop wouldnt be able to handle loading up all the leagues/countires i wanted to play in. So i would have to add and remove leagues once my rep grow, so i could further my career.

Thanks in advance
    I was added all leagues (plus many custom ones and total 112 nation) and All Players whom available in the game in custom database (using nationality/continent option) ... It gave me around 373749 players... 127156 staff and 79719 team. My recomendation was 125000 players (I have intel i7)

Game is slowing down yes really and risk for crash dumps are higher but if you have 4gb ram or more (which FM is 32 bit program and cannot use more than 3,67gb ram) you can safely play with all players...

1 important issue and i want to shout... "If you want to add all real players don't tick add players to playable teams" option. Because It could give you more than 450000 players and even I didn't want to get this risk

Semi Pro

On FM11 I won the BSS, BSP and League 2 in consecutive seasons. So I'm very happy to be in my 7th season and had 1 promotion! It is much better than 11 for me. Especially with the lock on the contracts, I'm a very tight manager!

Third Team

I'm enjoying it. The jump from C1 to C2 isn't massive, but the jump from C1 to B is HUGE

Semi Pro

You know your team has played poor when you lose a game and it doesn't even show injury time

Youth Team

HotChoc your location gets a ....

(cheers for this Deisler)...

from me

Reserves

RIP Gary Speed. I've been through too much of this as a hockey fan over the summer...

I really hope something can be done in terms of mental illness and football (and as well as other sports)...this culture has to change.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    RIP Gary Speed. I've been through too much of this as a hockey fan over the summer...
    Amen to this. RIP Gary.

Amateur

Was in total shock when it was announced on sky sports. RIP Gary Speed.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by roganp View Post
    Was in total shock when it was announced on sky sports. RIP Gary Speed.
    Same here, I was watching SSN as it was announced and the feeling inside you is indescribable. It's a massive loss to football.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    Same here, I was watching SSN as it was announced and the feeling inside you is indescribable. It's a massive loss to football.

Absolutely! I have so may fond memories of watching him play in that Leeds United team of the nineties. Will be sorely missed .

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Absolutely! I have so may fond memories of watching him play in that Leeds United team of the nineties. Will be sorely missed .
    He wasn't at Sheffield United for to long but he definitely had quality both as a player and a manager. If he didn't leave for Wales we wouldn't have gone down, he really did know what he was doing.

Youth Team

I think it hurts me more because of the great job he was doing with our national side aswell..Sounds sad i know but Welsh football hasnt been good recently till he took over

Semi Pro

I think it hurts me more because of the great job he was doing with our national side aswell..Sounds sad i know but Welsh football hasnt been good recently till he took over
    I am a patriotic Englishman but had huge respect for Gary Speed. No offence to the Welsh, but anyone who takes Wales to 4 wins out of 5 internationally is clearly doing something right. His progress is summed up in the two wales performances against England. Toothless in Cardiff, but a lot better and unlucky to lose at Wembley. he will be sadly missed.

Youth Team

Really great memories of his time at Newcastle. He had a great knack of bursting into the box just as a cross was coming in, had a great leap and was deadly accurate as well. Really knocked me off balance when I heard.

Part-Timer

As an Everton fan I have good memories of him, wish he had been at the club longer. Was at work when I heard and it knocked me for six. One of the rare breed of footballers where I think almost all fans, of all clubs, appreciated the kind of person/footballer he was. A sad loss and my thoughts are with his family.

R.I.P Gary Speed

Amateur

Have to agree with everything said above. Such a tragic loss for football, and the world as a whole. Was watching him on football focus the day before, and would never have seen it coming, not in a million years.

R.I.P Gary Speed, YNWA.

Amateur

Does anyone else use imgur to upload screenshots? And if so, are you having problems with it today?

Youth Team

I use imgaeshack.

Semi Pro

*Warning this post main contain Minecraft elements, if not interested please ignore*

Ok I am creating a Multiplayer map in Minecraft where you race to collect wool from chests in the style of Vechs (Vechs maps)

Basically I need guys to test it and I was wondering if anyone would be up for it, it's not quite finished but if you want to then just drop me a PM and I will get back to you

Some rules and a teaser: http://illogicalgaming.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,36

Reserves

Looks like for me, FM12 is over.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by deltablue View Post
    FM12 is over.
    Why is that?

Reserves

Insurmountable technical issues. Might get another copy by not immediately.

Youth Team

Now that we've had FM12 in our mits for over six weeks now, what's everyone's opinion on the overall difficulty level?

If I'm being honest, I think it's a lot easier than previous reincarnations. Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot to love about this game, but I do feel that the level of challenge has been tamed down somewhat. In my current journeyman save, I've already achieved two back-to-back promotion, and now with Fulham, I'm having unbelievable success in my first season in the Premier League. Having played FM/CM for 15 years, I'm no donut when it comes setting up tactics, and I know what instructions will get the best out of my players, but I'm certainly not some tactical genius, and don't spend hours adjusting sliders to a fine detail. Going from the BSS to Premier League in six seasons is a lot quicker than I would have expected too, normally this would take me about ten. And it's not as if I use 3rd party add-ons either, or download tactics, I don't even use the player search; I work everything out for myself, and rely 100% on my scouts reports before determining whether to sign a player or not. Perhaps it due to the match engine being the same as last years? Perhaps I've just been very lucky?

I know I could make things harder for myself by restricting myself to home-grown players or managing in some obscure country, but I've never had to do any of this in the past. Playing a journeyman career is my favoured approach to FM, one of which I've always enjoyed immensely, but it feels like I might have to enforce some restrictions on myself to try and make things a bit harder, and prolong the challenge of the game.

I'm wondering if this is the general consensus from the FMCU community too, or is it just me? From reading the several excellent threads on the forums, it appears I'm not the only one who is enjoying a lot of success very early on their careers. I'm not really having a moan either, I still love the game and I'm still going to plough on with my career, but I'm just wondering if I need to start taking a different approach to things.

I'd be interested in your opinions

Semi Pro

It is a lot easier, no doubt but one I welcome as I struggled with previous versions that were quite tough. I say that as someone who has played every single Sports Interactive game since CM 1992/93. I will add though, that we still have some way to go to be as easy as those early games. I remember starting with Torquay and winning the Premier League within 4 seasons. Winning Serie A within 2 seasons in CM Italia. So whilst it is easier, it is still not that easy for some, myself included.

This year is a lot more enjoyable for me, primarily because I have discovered this FMCU Forum. I genuinely love reading the threads and people's games, not least yours AK22.

World Cup Winner

It has definitely felt easier to me this year, although I played a very different type of game last year so I've not got a lot to compare it to.

Reserves

I've not bought FM12, but from reading many career threads and the general feedback it certainly looks to be easier. Unfortunate that, as it quickly gets boring when you get success handed to you with little effort or struggle.

Back-to-back promotions should be a freak of nature. But now it seems to happen too frequently, even from League 1 to the PL which has typically been much more difficult than say BSS to League 2.

I really do hope this is sorted in a future patch, even if GQ goes into über-rant mode (or a higher-pitched über-rant mode than usual ;))

Reserves

Probably a bit easier, but not by masses, have had better and longer consistent patches on previous FM's so how I'm doing is far from groundbreaking even for me, just sticking a bit more than usual in the positive.

Youth Team

I suppose one of the things SI have taken a bit of stick for recently is the fact that the game is not particularly 'user-friendly' to new players anymore. To help balance this, I'd imagine they have made it a bit easier to achieve early success in your career, just to keep the casual player's initial interests. I'm sure some people are unlikely to 'buy-in' to the franchise if they are unable to get some degree of instance success, and just give up on the game.

It will certainly be interesting to see if any tweaks are made in the future patches, as there does seem to be quite a lot of feedback on this matter in the GD forum :shudder:. I do tend to take most things in there with a pinch of salt, and I'm not going to scour all sixteen pages of the thread, but there is more than a smattering of people who agree that it's on the easy side.

Unfortunately for SI, they can never win. There will always be several 'characters' who will criticise the game for being impossible/unrealistic/unfair, as their Man City side got beaten by Stoke, which totally ruined their lives forever (obviously!) ;)

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Unfortunately for SI, they can never win. There will always be several 'characters' who will criticise the game for being impossible/unrealistic/unfair, as their Man City side got beaten by Stoke, which totally ruined their lives forever (obviously!) ;)
    Somebody's lives just got ruined.

Luton pulled off an even bigger shocker.

(After 30 games, City are 6 points clear at the top, Arsenal 3rd 9 behind)

Semi Pro

To me it doesn't really "feel" easier at all.
    Then again, success has come a bit faster in my current career compared to previous versions (though nothing hugely unrealistic), and with so much buzz about it I suppose the "smoke is fire" principle applies.
    I certainly can't put my finger on what it is that makes it easier, though, and I'm enjoying the game a lot.

Amateur

I also feel like this version is a little bit easier than years past, if only because team talks are easier, and maintaining morale is the most crucial element (it seems) to success. Once you get on a roll, it's hard to be stopped. I mean, back-to-back Champions League wins with Sparta Prague is great, likewise for a World Cup win with Russia, but I can't imagine having achieved this in past versions of FM.

Third Team

I don't seem to be finding it too easy, certainly not going from my progress in my thread of the past 4 seasons. However, when reading other FMCU threads and in GD many people seem to be getting far too much success, too soon.

But as I say it doesn't seem a problem for me...yet.

Semi Pro

FM11, I won BSS then BSP then L2, all coming top of the league, in back-to-back-to-back season.

Now I'm in my 9th season and achieved 2 promotions. I mean, come on... Am I the only one to be struggling?

Although, the people that read my thread will know I do bring it ALL upon myself. I kind of like the unbelievable torture of playing as Macclesfield Town and losing to Corby Town in the league, it's somehow quite enjoyable

Third Team

I think the problem lies in that a lot of the leagues are at the same level. For example, Serie C1 and C2 are pretty much the same in terms of talent IF your team rep is high enough.

Semi Pro

Ok, do any of you read the threads of others and immediately fancy trying the league you have been reading about?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Ok, do any of you read the threads of others and immediately fancy trying the league you have been reading about?
    Yep, all the time. I quite fancy playing in the German Third Division after reading your thread .

Part-Timer

Just wanted to point out that I dont really find FM 12 any easier or harder than FM 11 - I was able win back to back to back to back to back promotions (BSN to Premier League in 5 years!) in FM 11 - in FM 12, Ive done the back to back thing up till the Championship, where I am now playing my second season. What I did find is that on FM 12, it is alot harder to retain star players when they are clearly better than the level of your club. It is also more difficult to sign players that would be immediate contributors - this is ofcourse, in my experience. Ive only played my Bromley save (available to read here on the forum!), so it could be something that is exclusive to my save.

Amateur

I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding youth facilities. Does anyone know if these only benefit players on youth contracts? My youth intake all arrive on semi-pro deals, so would it be a waste of money trying to upgrade?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    I'm looking for a bit of advice regarding youth facilities. Does anyone know if these only benefit players on youth contracts? My youth intake all arrive on semi-pro deals, so would it be a waste of money trying to upgrade?
    Never a waste to upgrade. It is always the first thing I try to do.

Amateur

I'm pretty sure youth facilities affect the quality of player that you get in the youth intake so always try get that up before anything else.

Amateur

That had always been my understanding as well, but now we have the ability to increase the junior coaching budget so I thought that had taken its place in that respect. My finances are very tight, so I wanted to make sure that I don't waste a penny.

Semi Pro

That had always been my understanding as well, but now we have the ability to increase the junior coaching budget so I thought that had taken its place in that respect. My finances are very tight, so I wanted to make sure that I don't waste a penny.
    Junior coaching healps the stats at the start. ie, when you get them. The youth facilities help to increase the stats when they are youth players.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DazRTaylor View Post
    Junior coaching healps the stats at the start. ie, when you get them. The youth facilities help to increase the stats when they are youth players.
    Yeah, that's my point though - I don't have an under 19 team or a B-team, just a senior team. And at no time are these guys on youth contracts, they come into my team on part-time contracts just like all my other players. So would they see any benefit from improved youth facilities?

Amateur

I'm pretty sure it only effects them if they are on youth contracts yeah, though i still suspect facilities plays a role in the quality of regen you get, nothing more than a hunch though.

Semi Pro

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. On the fixtures screen, to the right is the filter option where you can select which competition you want to view. The issue I'm having is that it's still set for last season e.g. Last season I was in the BSN but have been promoted to the BSP. However, on the tick list it still displays BSN as the league competition rather than the BSP. Any ideas?

World Cup Winner

Have you tried deleting the cache folder?

That sometimes fixes display/UI problems.

Semi Pro

I had exactly that but once I'd played a few more games it fixed itself.

Third Team

I don't have the option to filter through the Carling Cup fixtures on mine.

Semi Pro

Silly question but where is the cache? I've tried the default location MyDocuments/SI/FM12 but there's nothing there .

Youth Team

fair play this forum is booming these days.

Youth Team

raware have you tried this

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:
    My Computer
    'Tools'
    'Folder Options'.
    The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    My Computer
    'Organize'
    'Folder and Search Options'.
    The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:
    1. Open “My Computer”
    2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
    3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
    4. Go to the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.
    5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    1. Click “Start”
    2. Click your username on the start Menu
    3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
    4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
    5. Go to the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.
    6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Semi Pro

Thanks for the suggestions guys but still no joy . Quite annoying really.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Now that we've had FM12 in our mits for over six weeks now, what's everyone's opinion on the overall difficulty level?

If I'm being honest, I think it's a lot easier than previous reincarnations. Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot to love about this game, but I do feel that the level of challenge has been tamed down somewhat. In my current journeyman save, I've already achieved two back-to-back promotion, and now with Fulham, I'm having unbelievable success in my first season in the Premier League. Having played FM/CM for 15 years, I'm no donut when it comes setting up tactics, and I know what instructions will get the best out of my players, but I'm certainly not some tactical genius, and don't spend hours adjusting sliders to a fine detail. Going from the BSS to Premier League in six seasons is a lot quicker than I would have expected too, normally this would take me about ten. And it's not as if I use 3rd party add-ons either, or download tactics, I don't even use the player search; I work everything out for myself, and rely 100% on my scouts reports before determining whether to sign a player or not. Perhaps it due to the match engine being the same as last years? Perhaps I've just been very lucky?

I know I could make things harder for myself by restricting myself to home-grown players or managing in some obscure country, but I've never had to do any of this in the past. Playing a journeyman career is my favoured approach to FM, one of which I've always enjoyed immensely, but it feels like I might have to enforce some restrictions on myself to try and make things a bit harder, and prolong the challenge of the game.

I'm wondering if this is the general consensus from the FMCU community too, or is it just me? From reading the several excellent threads on the forums, it appears I'm not the only one who is enjoying a lot of success very early on their careers. I'm not really having a moan either, I still love the game and I'm still going to plough on with my career, but I'm just wondering if I need to start taking a different approach to things.

I'd be interested in your opinions
    I haven't been playing much because I've been shellshocked.

Sacked after 11 (?) games with Kansas City (although MLS clubs have always had itchy triggers in FM). And my current stint in Belarus (which I'm tentatively resuming) has begun with 8 straight defeats, some of them absolute maulings.

First Team

**** me, I think I should start a new game and see if that changes my luck.

These are my results (Home team listed first. I've lost every game):

Friendlies
    1-0
    2-1
    1-5
    0-2
    1-3

League
    5-1
    0-3
    2-0
    1-5
    3-0
    1-2
    2-0
    0-2
    0-5

Every game I get absolutely destroyed. I'm lucky to get 1 shot on target in a game; my opponents are scoring 25, 30 yard curling shots every game.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jason the Yank View Post

Friendlies
    1-0
    2-1
    1-5
    0-2
    1-3

League
    5-1
    0-3
    2-0
    1-5
    3-0
    1-2
    2-0
    0-2
    0-5

Every game I get absolutely destroyed. I'm lucky to get 1 shot on target in a game; my opponents are scoring 25, 30 yard curling shots every game.
    Right, try a deep defensive line, closing down often, a DMC as an anchor man. You should get some joy then.

First Team

My last 0-5 was with a 4-2-3-1 deep (2 DMCs; set 1 of them as an anchor man)

Third Team

My last 0-5 was with a 4-2-3-1 deep (2 DMCs; set 1 of them as an anchor man)
    What were your other instructions?

Youth Team

Try this:

Code:
    ----------DLF(S)----------
    --------------------------
    W(A)------------------W(A)
    ---BWM(D)-CM(AU)-CM(S)----
    FB(S)--CD(D)--CD(D)--FB(S)
    -----------GK(D)----------
    Rigid philosophy, standard approach. Set passing down both flanks. Basically all you need is two better than average wingers, pump ball after ball into the box. If the crosses are getting dealt with consistently, set crossing to mixed or from deep. With a 4-2-3-1 deep you're probably leaving their midfield loads of room, with this system they should be crowded out by the three MCs.
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 14-12-2011 at 11:26.

First Team

What were your other instructions?
    In that game (off the top of my head), Rigid/Control/Short. Had Quickness turned up all the way (my team has average speed but next to no strength, so I don't want them trying to hold up the ball)

DLF (A)
    DW (S) - AM (A) - W (A)
    DMC (S) - AM (D)
    FB (Auto) - CD (D) - CD (D) - FB (auto)

First Team

Try this:

Code:
    ----------DLF(S)----------
    W(A)------------------W(A)
    ---BWM(D)-CM(AU)-CM(S)----
    FB(S)--CD(D)--CD(D)--FB(S)
    -----------GK(D)----------
    Rigid philosophy, standard approach. Set passing down both flanks. Basically all you need is two better than average wingers, pump ball after ball into the box. If the crosses are getting dealt with consistently, set crossing to mixed or from deep. With a 4-2-3-1 deep you're probably leaving their midfield loads of room, with this system they should be crowded out by the three MCs.
    I've tried damn everything I can think of. 4-4-2, 4-1-3-2, etc., etc.

Third Team

In that game (off the top of my head), Rigid/Control/Short. Had Quickness turned up all the way (my team has average speed but next to no strength, so I don't want them trying to hold up the ball)

DLF (A)
    DW (S) - AM (A) - W (A)
    DMC (S) - AM (D)
    FB (Auto) - CD (D) - CD (D) - FB (auto)
    The short passing might be a problem at that level. Requires a lot of technical skill. That gap in the middle isn't fun either.

Youth Team

Perhaps that's the problem then, too much chopping and changing. Also, I definitely wouldn't recommend having any slider to an extreme. Knock it down 5 clicks or so and it should help.

Youth Team

The short passing might be a problem at that level. Requires a lot of technical skill. That gap in the middle isn't fun either.
    There was a long and mostly moronic discussion about this in GD that I had the misfortune of participating in a while ago. I used the system with my Messina team and there is no gap unless you make one on purpose. The only problem with the system is that the match engine sometimes lets your two DMs sit off the opposing MCs and give them loads of time and space. You can fix this a number of ways though.

Having said that, the way he's set up looks like he will create a gap in some situations. I'd have the central AM on support, and perhaps even tweak forward runs to rarely. This way they'll play more as a three and two than as a two and three.

First Team

On the bright side I've become quite adept at team meetings. Typically leave with every player fired up and with improved morale.

Youth Team

I'm rubbish at them

First Team

There was a long and mostly moronic discussion about this in GD that I had the misfortune of participating in a while ago. I used the system with my Messina team and there is no gap unless you make one on purpose. The only problem with the system is that the match engine sometimes lets your two DMs sit off the opposing MCs and give them loads of time and space. You can fix this a number of ways though.

Having said that, the way he's set up looks like he will create a gap in some situations. I'd have the central AM on support, and perhaps even tweak forward runs to rarely. This way they'll play more as a three and two than as a two and three.
    Usually I just make minor alterations to the default tactics, changing a player's role, that sort of thing.

In that tactical setup I posted, I set a defensive winger because my scouts showed my upcoming opponents had most of their assists coming from that area.

Amateur

About that. In my game I manage Hansa Rostock, got the job when previous manager was fired, and the club was 16th struggling to stay in the league. My first three matches were 0-3 0-4 and 1-5 loses, then odd win and a few more heavy loses. I stopped conceeding so many goals when I finally changed tactics to quite defensive 4-1-3-1-1 formation with anchor DM and when morale improved a bit. I started to win home games with tight 1-0 or 2-1 results by playing very defensively with counter attacks ticked on. Eventually I managed to stay in the league through relegation playoffs : ).

Reserves

Friendlies
    1-0
    2-1
    1-5
    0-2
    1-3

League
    5-1
    0-3
    2-0
    1-5
    3-0
    1-2
    2-0
    0-2
    0-5

Sounds excellent.

Third Team

Usually I just make minor alterations to the default tactics, changing a player's role, that sort of thing.

In that tactical setup I posted, I set a defensive winger because my scouts showed my upcoming opponents had most of their assists coming from that area.
    5-3-2 is what you need.

--------TM(s)---P(a)--------
    -----------------------------
    ----CM(s)--BWM(s)--CM(d)----
    --------------------------------
    FB(au)--LD(d)-BPD(d)-LD(d)--FB(au)

Rigid/Counter/Direct - Quick Passing, Aggresive, Stick to Position.

International Squad

It's your tactics!

First Team

Or my players are crap.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    5-3-2 is what you need.

--------TM(s)---P(a)--------
    -----------------------------
    ----CM(s)--BWM(s)--CM(d)----
    --------------------------------
    FB(au)--LD(d)-BPD(d)-LD(d)--FB(au)

Rigid/Counter/Direct - Quick Passing, Aggresive, Stick to Position.
    Interesting. Only 1 player in attacking mentality?

I would think that leaves me too punchless going forward. OTOH, I've only scored 3 goals in 9 league matches, so I can't be much more punchless than I already am.

New strategy: Bore the other team into submission.

Youth Team

Check out Deisler's thread, catenaccio is the way forward

Third Team

I would think that leaves me too punchless going forward. OTOH, I've only scored 3 goals in 9 league matches, so I can't be much more punchless than I already am.

That's what you can do with boring teams to submission ;)

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fletchdt View Post
    Im trying to find the starting league/country reputations for all the countries in the game. Can anybody point me in the right direction please?
    You've probably had this answered already, but I determined the league reputations at the start.

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...-at-game-start

First Team

That's what you can do with boring teams to submission ;)
    Heh.

I may just start a new game. It looks like FM North America/FM Update have a solid USA expansion file now, so I'm thinking about that. Can't remember if there is a December patch planned though.

Third Team

It works for me, just got a 0-0 draw against Man City using it. They usually smash me.

Reserves

Heh.

I may just start a new game. It looks like FM North America/FM Update have a solid USA expansion file now, so I'm thinking about that. Can't remember if there is a December patch planned though.
    There usually is, so probably not a bad idea to hold off for a little while yet. Though I suppose it may not come until January too.

You know, it might not just be the players who are crap ;)

Reserves

Damnit. Negotiations in FM are driving me batshit insane. Offer out player for say 5M. Offers come in for 1.7M across the board. Negotiate to 4M. Every God damn club comes back with LESS than they offered in the first place. :mad:

Same when trying to buy players. Offer 2M. Club wants 3M. Offer 2.4M. Club now wants 4M. :mad:

I imagine this is how the Mafia operates. Take the first 'offer' or you're screwed. So frustrating It's stuff like this, which is so far removed from real negotiations, that smash the image of this being an actual football world.

Please tell me this is MILES better in FM12...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    Damnit. Negotiations in FM are driving me batshit insane. Offer out player for say 5M. Offers come in for 1.7M across the board. Negotiate to 4M. Every God damn club comes back with LESS than they offered in the first place. :mad:

Same when trying to buy players. Offer 2M. Club wants 3M. Offer 2.4M. Club now wants 4M. :mad:

I imagine this is how the Mafia operates. Take the first 'offer' or you're screwed. So frustrating It's stuff like this, which is so far removed from real negotiations, that smash the image of this being an actual football world.

Please tell me this is MILES better in FM12...
    I've never been in money transfer negotiations on FM12

BUT

I had a very annoying thing happen during the contract negotiations (more than once this has happened)

Me and the player get to a 'deal' as such, where I suggest an off to him, he changes something ever so slightly, I 'accept' it and therefore I go to suggest the terms. He then negotiates (both occasions the player changed the 'minimum fee release clause', lowering it) I suggest the terms again, he lowers it again, I suggest the terms again, he lowers again and then when I suggest the terms again he gets fed up and backs out of the deal completely!?

I agree a deal with him, he constantly changes it and he then backs out due to frustration?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by HotChocolate View Post
    I've never been in money transfer negotiations on FM12

BUT

I had a very annoying thing happen during the contract negotiations (more than once this has happened)

Me and the player get to a 'deal' as such, where I suggest an off to him, he changes something ever so slightly, I 'accept' it and therefore I go to suggest the terms. He then negotiates (both occasions the player changed the 'minimum fee release clause', lowering it) I suggest the terms again, he lowers it again, I suggest the terms again, he lowers again and then when I suggest the terms again he gets fed up and backs out of the deal completely!?

I agree a deal with him, he constantly changes it and he then backs out due to frustration?
    Did you lock the terms up?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast