+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 7139

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

Make that the only three!

Lot of catching up to do - my last update with Flamengo was 2020 and I'm now in Jan 2025!

Youth Team

I mean last update was 2022 - been so long I forgot!

Youth Team

Make that four of us. Good to see you guys back!

I think we could be seeing a fair few updated threads in the next few days...plenty of reading .

First Team Squad Member

Great to have the forums back and should be plenty of career updates to read soon.

I finally achieved my goal of making New Zealand teams go into the Asian Champions League but then I did something a bit more fun. I created a World Champions League that has 256 teams from 100 countries battle it out through three qualifying rounds then a huge group stage with 16 groups of four onto five knock out rounds to determine the best team in the world. This would be a real pain for big sides in 20 team leagues but in New Zealand this is nothing as it is only a 14 game league followed by a play-off.

So I can see me starting an Auckland City career at some point and trying to become the best team in the world but the World Champions League would be very hard to win.

Youth Team

I think Photobucket's about to get swamped with uploads - I have all mine filed for each season ready to go

Youth Team

Mine's all typed up in Word with photo's uploaded to Photobucket and ready to upload here .

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Mine's all typed up in Word with photo's uploaded to Photobucket and ready to upload here .
    Much more organised than me, got some of the screenshots and some notes but 2010-2022 to type up.... ugghh

World Cup Winner

Feels a bit weird to be back, I only managed two seasons

Third Team

I miss updating. I need a new thread.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Valin View Post
    Much more organised than me, got some of the screenshots and some notes but 2010-2022 to type up.... ugghh
    I guess I'm just far too anal and like things all sorted and done and dusted. Plus, I couldn't be doing with knowing that I've got to write up season reports in which I've completely forgotten what happened . Good luck in remembering seasons 2010-2022!

Youth Team

Welcome back everyone! I've only completed two seasons on my save, will write it up at the weekend. Took the chance to have a mini-summer FM break; my interest seems to dip a bit when there's no live football on the tv anyway. Only a month to go until the Premier League starts again though

Surprisingly, going 'cold turkey' from the forums was nice for a little while, I actually got some work done for a change! Oh well, that won't last for long now

jackripper1

is there anway i can get my old account back as i use an old email addy i bloody hope so

Youth Team

phew finally managed to sort my account out now..welcome back

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    Welcome back everyone! I've only completed two seasons on my save, will write it up at the weekend. Took the chance to have a mini-summer FM break; my interest seems to dip a bit when there's no live football on the tv anyway. Only a month to go until the Premier League starts again though

Surprisingly, going 'cold turkey' from the forums was nice for a little while, I actually got some work done for a change! Oh well, that won't last for long now
    Ha know what you mean

Semi Pro

If any of you guys have Minecraft then send me a PM, I have a server and I need guys to play on it :P

Info:

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Flamers View Post
    If any of you guys have Minecraft then send me a PM, I have a server and I need guys to play on it :P

Info:
    Havent played it but dam it looks crap.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    havent played it but dam it looks crap.
    iTHIS.................

Youth Team
    I used to chase eggs. Now I am just trying not to respond to eegits.

How do you add pics so that they appear on the page as a pic rather than a link to a pic?

Reserves

I'm back everyone . Too bad I kinda lost interest in my Reading save...

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbokav1971 View Post
    How do you add pics so that they appear on the page as a pic rather than a link to a pic?
    There's an 'insert image' icon (just below the smiley one) which allows you to insert an image from a url (or your computer).

Youth Team

Thanks daufuge.

I need to untick the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box when linking by URL. (I am just as clueless now as I used to be).

World Cup Winner

Just testing:

Attachment 0

World Cup Winner

Yes, looks like that box needs to be unticked.

First Team Squad Member

Info:
    I'll check it out Flamers. I've been playing a ton of that game. I absolutely love it.

For those saying that it looks rubbish, the graphics are basic/retro, which is part of its charm for me personally. It creates some pretty epic worlds to explore.

I'll give a brief description for those who haven't heard of it. This video probably sums it up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I

Essentially, as the name suggests, you mine and craft primarily.

It's an open-ended game with endless possibilities. No specific plot to follow or anything like that. The game generates a giant random world for you to explore. Basically, the primary tasks are to 1) survive and 2) collect resources.

You start out with nothing and need to find resources to shelter before nightfall. It's a kind of survival mode. Then, slowly but surely, you can start building a decent base, exploring, mining deep down into the world, and building stuff. All the time, you have to be wary of creatures/monsters which will attack you. They spawn at night, hence the need to shelter, but even during the day you can be at risk, and anywhere there is darkness (e.g. caves, underground whilst mining etc.)

The great thing about the game is there is a variety of ways to play it. You can concentrate on exploring, building, fighting with the bad guys, blowing stuff up, harvesting stuff or whatever you want.

To be honest, the stuff I build isn't very impressive really. I'm more into mining and exploring etc. Building isn't the only thing in the game. It can be very fun, of course, but I actually prefer the survival aspect and exploring the world. Finding weird landscapes, cave systems, dungeons, and fighting with the monsters. Can't really explain what I like about it so much. It's just a lot of fun.

You can also get as technical as you want with it. You can live in a hole in the ground if you want. Alternatively, you can build a castle or live in an Egyptian style pyramid, whatever you want! You can also build electronic stuff if you're really nerdy - the furthest I've got is creating a rail track where you can turn and press a button to start moving. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

This is a funny video about surviving the first night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdEFmxRmNE (Bear in mind that that was an alpha version of the game and that things have changed quite a bit, plus those two are pretty useless at surviving!

First Team Squad Member

Sorry if that was way off topic.

To get on topic again, I've not played a lot of FM lately. I recently had about a two or three month break from FM.

Then, the other day, I fired up FM10 and played out season 21 & 22 with St. Albans City. Will have to update my thread at some point but I think it will probably be mini updates as I wasn't playing with updates in mind due to the forums being down.

Anyway, to the point.... at first, I thoroughly enjoyed getting back to some FM. But, after while, the game started annoying me off again. There are some really annoying issues with FM10 in my opinion. The worst one I kept coming across was this bug where a player 'wants a new challenge'. What happens is this:

'I want a new challenge,' says the player.
    'No you don't,' says Crouchaldinho.
    'Yes, I do!'
    'Well, have a new lucrative contract instead! How about that?' pleads Crouchaldinho.
    'Okay, I am now happy. That's just great!' replies the player.

Two FM days pass.

'I'm unhappy again! I need a new challenge!'

And on and on it goes. Grrrrr! Really frustrating.

That's what's going on with half of my squad for the majority of the season. It's like a constant battle, to be honest, and so very frustrating. Can anyone tell me if this was sorted for FM11?

Then things like press conferences just really annoy me. Plus how reliant we seem to be on bloody team talks half of the time. And how slow the game seems to process. Then I find that I'm playing not because I'm enjoying myself but just to get to the end of the season! I just keep going but I'm not having fun any more. Grrrr!

I've kind of reached the conclusion that I should revert to an old version for a while and play one of the games that processes a bit quicker on my computer. One that doesn't have press conferences and one where team talks aren't the be all and end all. One where players aren't complaining every five minutes and one where I feel that I am having fun. One with the old 2D match engine and tactical arrows maybe!

Thing is, I'm dying to play some football management games but just fed up with the direction of the FM series right now.

I might end up giving either FM07 or FM08 a shot for a while. Just for a bit of nostalgic fun.

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Semi Pro

Crouchy or get a better computer? :P

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, my computer isn't great. I won't lie and say that doesn't have something to do with it but there is also more to it than that!

Semi Pro

Play in Iceland :P The answer to all your FM woes, by the time your good enough to play in the CL you have done 20 seasons :P

First Team Squad Member

You and Iceland!

I actually really fancy trying a proper journeyman save but I know that my laptop won't be good enough for it on FM10.

Might be getting a new computer at some point in the future though, so that might solve some of my woes.

Youth Team

im thinking of loading up fm07 do it crouchie

Youth Team

Crouchy. I have a pretty average laptop and am still playing FM09.

For much of my career, (until about 2038), I asked my Ass Man to deal with press conferences.

Now because I was managing a small club compared to those I was competeing with, there was always the agreed expectation that we would be viewed as the poor relations to the big-boys, (and this continued even after success was achieved against the big boys). While it was annoying, I suppose it is also realistic. Having said that, I did notice that it lessened over time and while it annoyed me at the time, the players that left for "bigger" clubs were often those that although they were top players, might have had hidden stats that maybe meant that they were not the type of player that I wanted to stay anyway.

I have 2 players, (in particular), that stayed with me through recent years without so much as a murmer, despite being the best DC and SC in England, (and in the case of the SC the best in the World). Other very good players have come and gone but these 2 have just got on with it.

When a player wants to leave, yeah it frustrates me, but i just use it as a springboard to something else. I particularly remember a string of MC's that just kept on coming and going and who never really reached the heights again after leaving.

I just pretend that I am SAF and show em the door while counting an enormous pile of money. (And of course everyone who leaves does so with future sell-on clauses).

I cannot recommend a return to FM09 highly enough.

Youth Team

just loading up fm07 but cant remeber if it needed patching anyone remember lol

First Team Squad Member

im thinking of loading up fm07 do it crouchie
    I think I'm going to load one of them. I still have FM08 installed, and customised with my own views and modified skin, so maybe it will be that one.

I know I can load a whole bunch of leagues on that version even on my crappy laptop, so maybe I will give a journeyman a go for something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbokav1971 View Post
    Crouchy. I have a pretty average laptop and am still playing FM09.

For much of my career, (until about 2038), I asked my Ass Man to deal with press conferences.
    Hi Jimbokav1971. Yeah, I've been doing that in the last couple of seasons. I used to do all of the press conferences but it got to a point where I wasn't even reading the questions because I knew which answers I wanted to click each time. I just got so, so bored of the press conferences.

Now because I was managing a small club compared to those I was competeing with, there was always the agreed expectation that we would be viewed as the poor relations to the big-boys, (and this continued even after success was achieved against the big boys). While it was annoying, I suppose it is also realistic.
    Yeah, it's realistic to a point. I'm still not title favourites though despite winning six titles in a row!

The 'new challenge' issue isn't a problem with it happening. I can definitely accept that some players might want to move on for a new challenge, although it's something I would like to be quite rare. The problem with FM10 is the frequency with which it tends to happen. I have a whole bunch of players complaining on an almost constant basis.

If you get them to accept a new contract and they say that they are happy, that should be it, surely, at least for some considerable time! But I end up with them complaining five minutes later once again! You've just signed a new contract, for goodness sake, what's your problem!

I get even more annoyed when someone says that they want to move to a bigger club and it turns out to be a club who haven't won anything for a decade and are used to mid-table mediocrity. We're the most successful English club right now! There is nobody bigger!

To be honest, I've no idea if this has been a problem with other FMs. This is the furthest I've got with a small club to big club game, so it might always have been a problem, but I didn't realise. I have to say, it's slightly putting me off the small club to big club game. At least with a career game, when you get to the top you'll be with an already established club, so you shouldn't experience the issue quite so much.

Having said that, I did notice that it lessened over time and while it annoyed me at the time, the players that left for "bigger" clubs were often those that although they were top players, might have had hidden stats that maybe meant that they were not the type of player that I wanted to stay anyway.
    Could be. I'm happy with letting the odd player go but I have one or two favourites who I badly want to stay. It's the same battle with them every season.

I have 2 players, (in particular), that stayed with me through recent years without so much as a murmer, despite being the best DC and SC in England, (and in the case of the SC the best in the World). Other very good players have come and gone but these 2 have just got on with it.
    Yeah, my fantastic striker, Michel Vermeer, hasn't moaned once. I love that guy!

When a player wants to leave, yeah it frustrates me, but i just use it as a springboard to something else. I particularly remember a string of MC's that just kept on coming and going and who never really reached the heights again after leaving.

I just pretend that I am SAF and show em the door while counting an enormous pile of money. (And of course everyone who leaves does so with future sell-on clauses).
    It just feels like if I did that, I'd be constantly rebuilding. I have a tight chairman at the moment as well, so I'm really hesitant about letting people go, in case I can't actually replace them with similar quality players.

Do we have any idea what kind of players behave like this? Maybe players of a certain personality?

I cannot recommend a return to FM09 highly enough.
    I have to say, that's unfortunately one of the versions of FM that I didn't really get on with. If I go back, it'll be to a game prior to that. I miss the old 2D engine and tactical arrows!

First Team Squad Member

just loading up fm07 but cant remeber if it needed patching anyone remember lol
    Yeah, pretty sure that one went to 7.2!

First Team Squad Member

Just checked jackripper. I have all the patches for older games saved in a folder. You need fm2007_patch_7.0.2.

Youth Team

cheers for some reasion it wont install.. Crouchie do you see a huge difference in the amount of leagues you can load on fm08 than on fm10. My pc bit poo also and wanna do big journeyman.

First Team Squad Member

Yeah, pretty big difference for me.

My laptop is pretty rubbish. Fm08 runs much smoother and quicker on my machine.

FM10 is one of the quicker of the post-FM08 versions for me, but still FM08 would be much faster.

I reckon I could happily get away with running 15+ leagues from 5+ countries on FM08 at a very comfortable speed. Whereas on FM10, I had about 8 leagues from 3 countries running, and it wasn't too great. Not terribly slow but slow enough that it put me off a little bit. I actually decided after this that I would only run one country's leagues on FM10 from now on.

I have a crappy laptop though. 1.66GHz dual core with 2GB RAM. Running Vista as well, which is a bit hopeless really. I think the newer FM games need that little bit more spec to play multiple leagues. Also, my laptop is quite old and I think that impacts on what it can comfortably run.

First Team Squad Member

You only have to look at the specs as well.

FM08: minimum 1.2GHZ processor, recommended dual core 2.2GHz. Minimum 256MB RAM, recommended 1GB RAM.

FM10/11: requires 1.4GHz and 1GB RAM as its minimum requirement. That's just the minimum to run the game in the most basic way too.

The minimum requirement for FM10 is similar to the recommended requirements for FM08. So you can get away with much, much less in terms of processor power and memory on FM08.

Looking at the above, I see that I went from having a laptop which was close to the recommended specs on FM08 (i.e. that would run the game very well), to having a laptop that only meets the bare minimum on FM10/11.
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 17-07-2011 at 14:54.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    I'm back everyone . Too bad I kinda lost interest in my Reading save...
    Welcome back. Time to start anopther 'Crazy Canuck' thread then?

Part-Timer

dont know wether to start a career update with real madrid C with my Spanish league expansion

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by FMtillidie View Post
    dont know wether to start a career update with real madrid C with my Spanish league expansion
    id say go for it..

Part-Timer

id say go for it..
    think i might wait and see how i do in the first 3 months

Third Team

Crouchy we're never going to do this Eastern European career

I reckon its the frustration of a slow game pace. Go and get yourself a new computer, fire up FM11 and then travel the world as a journeyman. You'll love it

First Team Squad Member

Ah, the Eastern European career. Such promise and such potential.

I really do need a new laptop at some point but it might have to wait until Christmas unfortunately.

Third Team

Just in time for "Crouchy and Iacovone travel the Baltic states - FM12". I can see it now

First Team Squad Member

You're such a tease Iacovone!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Ah, the Eastern European career. Such promise and such potential.

I really do need a new laptop at some point but it might have to wait until Christmas unfortunately.
    Hopefully youve been a good boy and as Santas watching

First Team Squad Member

Hopefully youve been a good boy and as Santas watching
    Exactly.

Third Team

I never got the hype about FM06-08. Literally stopped playing for three years as they were terrible (IMO! IMO!)

Youth Team

fm08 is running like a dream for me and tactics are soooo much easier with just the arrows.

Reserves

FM08 newgens were terrible though. And board confidence. So I never really liked FM08. I liked FM09 most followed by FM10. But I just can't go back to play them though now.

First Team Squad Member

I cannot play any of the older games because I love the 3d match engine to much to go back to the dots.

Youth Team

I'm still on dots (nostalgic I guess ) but have to say FM11 would make it difficult for me to go back to another version, even 08 which (besides from the awful regens) is still one of my favourite FM's.

Amateur

Nearly banged out the 2015 league with Notts Forest! Managed to get us up to 6th in the EPL so far, won the Carling cup, semis of the Europa league and final of the FA Cup. Lucky me.

Third Team

Still a dot man myself actually. Only switch to 3D if someone gets in the goal of the month awards

First Team Squad Member

Good man Iacovone.

Always the dots for me!

Third Team

I switch from dots to sideline, whenever I feel like it.

Third Team

UGH! HATE losing to Porto. What's more frustrating is seeing your strikers put it wide time after time in a crunch match. GAAAHHH!!

International Squad

3D match every time for me.

Youth Team

A 3D convert myself. Usually watch in Touchline mode but I have been known to use vertical scrolling when tweaking tactics to look at the overall shape

Reserves

I can't stand dots...3D all the way

Youth Team

I've just recently upgraded my PC, and for the first time ever, I am able to utilise the 3D graphics. To be honest I don't find them amazing, it looks like something out of a 1990's Mega Drive game.

However, I find them a better visual representation than the dots were. If I start feeling nostalgic I may revert back to the dots, but for now, 3D is the way forward for me. Hopefully it will be improved for FM12

Semi Pro

Ak what you running now then? If you don't mind me asking

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by AK22 View Post
    I've just recently upgraded my PC, and for the first time ever, I am able to utilise the 3D graphics. To be honest I don't find them amazing, it looks like something out of a 1990's Mega Drive game.
    Be careful with such comparisons - I recently dug out my PlayStation (the original one from the late 90s that is) while waiting for a replacement power supply for the Wii and I was shocked by how poor the graphics were. In my memory the PlayStation had really good graphics and I remember discussing with friends how the graphics on games like Gran Turismo 2 looked 'almost real'. What I saw last week were jagged, polygonated edges round all the cars, crappy tyre smoke effects etc.

And bear in mind my current point of reference is a Wii

Semi Pro

And the Wii is dreadful :P

Youth Team

Ak what you running now then? If you don't mind me asking
    I got an i7-2600, 6GB RAM, with 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4650. I know the graphics card isn't top of the range, but my old dual-core rig couldn't even run the 3D graphics

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Be careful with such comparisons - I recently dug out my PlayStation (the original one from the late 90s that is) while waiting for a replacement power supply for the Wii and I was shocked by how poor the graphics were. In my memory the PlayStation had really good graphics and I remember discussing with friends how the graphics on games like Gran Turismo 2 looked 'almost real'. What I saw last week were jagged, polygonated edges round all the cars, crappy tyre smoke effects etc.

And bear in mind my current point of reference is a Wii
    And the Wii is dreadful :P
    Yep, the Wii's graphics aren't it's biggest selling point, still good fun though

I suppose my point of reference is my PS3, and the 3D graphics on FM are definitely not from the same decade as the graphics on FIFA. I know SI will unlikely develop the 3D to the standard of EA Games (due to budgets/investments/workforce etc), but there's still room for improvement

Semi Pro

That not too bad I went the AMD (cheaper) route

SI have the money I'm pretty sure, the thing is you don't REALLY need it

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

My head hurts from reading to much

But wow so truly amazing stories have happened here

First Team Squad Member

I am seriously thinking of loading a load of leagues and going for a massive journeyman game. I have an i7 overclocked to 4.2 Ghz with 6gb RAM. I am sure I could load a lot of leagues but recently my saves have only had 5 countries loaded so if I was to load 20-30 I am sure I would notice the difference.

Reserves

I always play a lot of leagues (nearly everything) if you see my career threads and I don't have a very good laptop (well it's *only* is dual core 2.1Ghz processor and 4GB of RAM). I never really minded the speed of my system.

You should just load every league.

First Team Squad Member

Every league gives me half a star rating think I would go mad waiting that long for my game to load and process.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Every league gives me half a star rating think I would go mad waiting that long for my game to load and process.
    I don`t go by star ratings, only the recommended player limit.

It`s not too bad to me but you can try it out yourself to see.

First Team Squad Member

Going to go for New Zealand and at least four countries from each continent, should be enough to enjoy travelling the world.

Got to go on an xml hunt now for Costa Rica, an MLS that is more European style and a couple more African leagues.
    Last edited by AcidBurn; 25-07-2011 at 19:05.

Reserves

Do a holiday test save first. Some of the xml files might conflict with each other.

Reserves

Is the Minimum Release Clause value at upfront amount or can be upfront and in installments??

For example: Minimum Release Clause is $22 million. Does it have to be $22 mil upfront or can it also be $11 mil upfront and $11 mil installments??

Third Team

Has to be upfront as far as I know to be automatically activated.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Deisler26 View Post
    Has to be upfront as far as I know to be automatically activated.
    Then I lost a player for no reason because I definitely didn't get my full $22 million up front. I would have sold him if it was all upfront, but I only got 25% of that amount and the rest in installments. I didn't save before so I can't post it in the bugs forum anymore.

World Cup Winner

I have a feeling that the clause can be activated as long as the guaranteed payments cover it, payments for appearances/goals etc do not count towards it.

I may be wrong though.

Reserves

But if I need to activate the minimum release clause for another player I have to pay it all upfront..either way he's gone now and now I have to find a replacement.

FM12 really needs to be a lot better because FM11 is probably the most bugged game of all FMs I played (FM08-present).

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    But if I need to activate the minimum release clause for another player I have to pay it all upfront..either way he's gone now and now I have to find a replacement.

FM12 really needs to be a lot better because FM11 is probably the most bugged game of all FMs I played (FM08-present).
    I vaugely remember having this conversation in GQ, and it did indeed seem that payments made in installments could activate a release clause (although teh message did not show up on the offer screen).

Try it out, it doesn't look like the cluase has been activated but then the bids are always accepted.

Youth Team

http://community.sigames.com/showthr...still-rejected have a read through that see if it helps.

Youth Team

Well ive finally done it my last save till FM2012 comes out, a mega journey game, Ive loaded EVERY league from every nation only loaded 151,000 players and started unemployed, with a Sunday league rep, some how got the Etoile job in the Singaporean league and look likely to win the thing at first go, might do a thread once Ive got through a season or two

Youth Team

You do know acidmonkey that Etoile can't play in the Asian Champions League if you win the Singaporean League?

Youth Team

no i didnt know that, DAMMIT well looks like new job after the season then

Youth Team

Thought I'd let you know in case you were planning on trying to take Etoile to the heights of Asian football

Youth Team

yea cheers, that was the aim, looks like a Asian move might be in order then

Youth Team

rancer890 do you mind if i rip off your little stats tables for my new thread?

Youth Team

It's the day of the Community Shield in some far off distant year.

I have a whopping 71 players on the books at the club so surely no issues with selecting a decent squad.

Wrong!

18 players out on loan.
    5 players injured.
    17 players Travelling to join up with International Squad, (for Euro Qualifying games)

Which leaves me with 31 players to choose from.

4 16 year olds, (including the only GK left at the club).
    4 17 year olds.
    1 18 year old.
    2 19 year olds.

The crux of it is that I have to select 11 players from the Reserves and U18's for the match squad of 18.

How long have I been playing this poxy game and I still get snoozed by stuff like this!

So basically my squad consists of 9 South Americans, 3 home-produced youngsters and 6 assorted others.

Meh!

And just for good measure we conceded 7 goals the last time we played this lot.

It's gonna be a long old season methinks.

[Edit]

The above was just meant to be a bit of a whinge and a moan and not too serious at all as I fully expected Chelsea to be suffering similar problems. After all their team is built on a bedrock of English and German talent, (most of them regular senior Internationals), and off the top of my head the other big players for them are Belgian, Swiss and Dutch. Can't remember them having any non-Europeans, (so they will be decimated with International call-ups.

Wrong.

I have 5 players in the senior England Squad, (all unavailable).

They have 5 players in the senior England Squad, (all available).

How the hell does that work?

All their Internationals are available because they are.... "Due to join International Squad tomorrow".

Mine are all unavailable because they are "Travelling to join up with International Squad. Due to arrive today".

Meh meh meh meh meh!
    Last edited by Jimbokav1971; 28-07-2011 at 10:14.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    rancer890 do you mind if i rip off your little stats tables for my new thread?
    That's fine. Go ahead.

First Team Squad Member

Does anyone use twitter to post about their FM career?

First Team Squad Member

Hey guys, I'm after some advice if any of you feel able to help me!

I'm wanting to get a new PC and to do a bit more gaming on it than I do now on my current laptop. Now, obviously I know to go for as much processing power and RAM as I can, but what is considered 'good' these days?

Also, I know I'll need a decent graphics card this time and not the rubbish integrated graphics thingy on my current laptop. What sort of thing is best to go for? I really don't have a clue about this kind of thing.

My budget isn't huge so I'm really looking at getting the best deal I can whilst not compromising too much on the specs. I've got quite into playing a few games like Minecraft and Terraria lately. Most of the games I like tend to be kind of retro, so I probably don't need anything amazing graphics wise, although I think Minecraft needs something half decent so that you can get more out of it. Obviously, I'd also like to have a PC capable of running Football Manager to a higher standard than my current old laptop. I might end up enjoying the latest FM games more if I had a more capable computer, and if not, I could always run a ton of leagues on one of the old FMs. For once in my FMing career, I really want a fairly quality spec PC where I don't have to scrimp on the leagues as I usually have to.

As for desktop or laptop, I haven't made my mind up, but I guess you get more for your money with a desktop (?) and that is definitely a factor in its favour. The only thing is I'd have to be buying the monitor etc. as well as I currently don't have one. Don't know if this makes it the more expensive option or not? The thing that puts me off a laptop is the fact that I've had all kinds of problems with this one's fan getting clogged up with crap. Plus, I know a desktop is easier to upgrade etc.

Basically, any advice appreciated. I haven't really got a specific idea in mind, only a vague one. Can any of you guys help? Thanks in advance.

Youth Team

ive started using it, As you've seen

Youth Team

crouchaldinho if you have a budget ill price ya a machine, just built a new PC for a mate and i5 for about £400

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    ive started using it, As you've seen
    That's what made me think of using it I did it before as Crewe. Just need more followers lol.

First Team Squad Member

That doesn't sound too bad Acidmonkey, although i5 doesn't mean much to me (I'm guessing that's good though)!

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure how much everything costs and how much I even have to spend at the moment. Need to do some calculations!

I guess I'm really looking at as near to the budget computer mark as possible without massively comprising on specs. That probably doesn't help much but until I've done a bit more research and also worked out how much I have to spend, that's all I can say. To be quite honest, I'm a bit clueless as to how much stuff costs anyway. I'm a bit clueless in general in all honesty! Whenever I've needed to buy a computer in the past, I've always surfed Amazon and just picked a budget laptop out.

Maybe you can give me some idea of what I can get? Think of me as a tight git, is your best guide!

Building my own sounds a bit technical. I know how to do some basic stuff like add RAM etc. but this sounds more complicated! I'm guessing that putting components together for a desktop is a cheap way of doing things but also quite an advanced one?

Reserves

I was considering following other by going back to old FMs but I think I got rid of all the old old ones and now I only have FM10. Is it worth playing FM10 if I can get it to work.

Youth Team

The biggest pain is the need for monitor etc. which will add a chunk on, as for i5 the new intel CPUs'

i3 = 2 cores
    i5 = 2 or 4 cores
    i7 = 2/4/6 cores

your tight fisted right ill have a look

First Team Squad Member

Would that make a laptop better value then?

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Does anyone use twitter to post about their FM career?
    When I remember to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast