+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 6972

Thread: FM Careers Forum Discussion

Youth Team

Default Re: FM Career Forums Discussion

Well, I remember the games where all you saw was an overhead of a pitch which would flash whenever a goal was scored. not even any dots running around

Wasn't there a cheat with the phone? You could call a special number and get access to a fruit machine for extra transfer money or something like that? Classic

Amateur

Smile Re: FM Career Forums Discussion

Hi,

This is my first post on this forum, the first FM I tried was 2005, I never really got into the game, it was too slow on my computer and I was into other football games on other formats so it never bothered me.

Now the other manager game I played is no longer being made and I also have a new (better) PC, so I decided to give FM 2010 a try, It runs smoothly and I'm loving the game.

I used the editor to set up my own club and put them in the Blue Square South, I selected players randomly and made the club relatively wealthy, nothing stupid like £200m to spend on players, just wanted the club to be strong/stable at the start because I want to stay with them for as long as possible.

Ok the reason for all my waffle is because I'm thinking about doing an update of my game in here, I enjoy updating on the Football games I play and have done several on other forums.
    I think this is the best section for me because I'm not someone that writes massive amounts that would be good for a story section, I tend to give brief details and facts about my game.

I am currently in my 3rd season so will it be ok to update with this game, I will do a review of season 1 & 2 then do monthly updates from season 3.

Youth Team

go for it id have a read just make sure you explain the edits you do i suppose

First Team Squad Member

Get it done I would read it for sure. Like acidmonkey said make sure you list the edits you have made to the game so people know what is going on.

Reserves

Ah nuts! Finally find a fine-looking MC/AMC that would improve the team and he's quite young. An older report said we could get him for close to 40 million. Now I can actually afford both the fee and wage. He is worth 17.75m. They slammed me down on 40, so I tried to up it incrementally with 5m. Only when it got to 75m did they come back to me. They upped it to 137m though. WTF? Guess they don't want to sell at all then

I wonder what has happened to "every player has a price" though. That's not a price, they're showing me the middle finger

International Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Maw74 View Post
    I used the editor to set up my own club and put them in the Blue Square South, I selected players randomly and made the club relatively wealthy, nothing stupid like £200m to spend on players, just wanted the club to be strong/stable at the start because I want to stay with them for as long as possible.

Ok the reason for all my waffle is because I'm thinking about doing an update of my game in here, I enjoy updating on the Football games I play and have done several on other forums.
    I think this is the best section for me because I'm not someone that writes massive amounts that would be good for a story section, I tend to give brief details and facts about my game.

I am currently in my 3rd season so will it be ok to update with this game, I will do a review of season 1 & 2 then do monthly updates from season 3.

It won't be my cup of tea as you have created your own club, but there are plenty in this forum who will find it an enjoyable read.

Reserves

http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/a...eammeeting.png

Not sure what this means, but I'm guessing it's not good. We got ourselves into a hole, and I can't seem to find the light

World Cup Winner

That doesn't sound good, perhaps time for a clearout?

Reserves

This was my captain and as a result of this his morale dropped to Very Poor. Oh well. Managed to grind out a 3-2 win now so I hope we can get on better terms soon. Most of the time we dominate matches, but just fail to score.

Don't think a clearout is the answer. The team is pretty young and skilled so I think it can achieve good things in the future. Bought a fair few good talents last summer, including a surely massively overpriced lad for 6.5m. But when my scouts say "leading star in the future" my common sense flies out the window

We won the league last season so we better grab at least a EURO spot. Or else my position could get under threat. Especially with a board takeover process in motion.

It's nice to see it's not always an escalator to success. As frustrating as it is no not solve whatever is wrong, this is what makes FM interesting. Parts of last season was a bit "click continue - win, ad inf" so this is a change of pace for sure.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaea View Post
    It's nice to see it's not always an escalator to success. As frustrating as it is no not solve whatever is wrong, this is what makes FM interesting. Parts of last season was a bit "click continue - win, ad inf" so this is a change of pace for sure.
    Definitely. I've had quite a bit of success but a long run of titles seems almost impossible, someone always seems to rise to the challenge and beat me to it.

Amateur

Thumbs up Re: FM Career Forums Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by acidmonkey View Post
    go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Get it done I would read it for sure.
    Ok thanks, My thread is up and running now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby_McDonald View Post
    It won't be my cup of tea as you have created your own club, but there are plenty in this forum who will find it an enjoyable read.
    Ok thanks that's fair enough.

International Squad

Are any of you chaps getting Red Dead Redemption or Mod Nation Racers on PS3 this coming Friday?

Amateur

Would anyone read an update where after using the editor I create a nation where all the clubs (probably two divisions) where every club was exclusively only allowed to use homegrown players? I think this would be a very intriguing read myself. I would start from the very bottom and try and work my way up the league relying exclusively upon my own youth players. Eventually trying to take the nation I have created to world cup glory.

Might not be everyones cup of tea, but hey, I'm not aiming to please, I'm aiming to have fun. If anyone would be interested that would be swell.

Reserves

I'm starting to feel like just being part of a rollercoaster right now, not understanding the mechanics of the thing. We can run over Arsenal one day, and get torn to bits by a relegation struggler the next match. I would probably be a very, very bad manager in real life (too).

Since the last frustration we went on a 9-game winning streak. Now we're back to our old pattern of cruddiness again. I'm getting a distinct feeling of aquaplaning to be honest. No matter what I do it seems to have little impact on the course of a match.

There is an upside though. I've saved a lot of money on wages...

First Team Squad Member

Are any of you chaps getting Red Dead Redemption or Mod Nation Racers on PS3 this coming Friday?
    Red Dead Redemption I will be getting been looking forward to it for a long long time.

International Squad

Red Dead Redemption I will be getting been looking forward to it for a long long time.
    Add me on PSN. Name the same as on here.

First Team Squad Member

I can't I only have an Xbox.

Are you the same Nobby McDonald from Greydog doing the TNA diary?

International Squad

Dopey, I did ask if people were getting it for PS3.

Yes, I am the same Nobby.

First Team Squad Member

I just saw Red Dead Redemption and got excited lol.

Reserves

Okay I have a little dilemma...I had that Crazy Canuck thread ('life outside the lower leagues') a while back if some of you remember and I left off at Real Madrid. So my Tianjin career hasn't been going to plan as well as I thought, and my other career was a false alarm (forgot the bloody Chinese league reset date for FM10 hadn't past yet because I kept remembering the FM09 reset date for the Chinese leagues ).

So I'm just wondering which save should I continue?

Semi Pro

Saying you finished 4th in the first season and you're currently 2nd this season with Tianjin, I would say that's pretty good going ;) . But if you're not 'feeling' the save then i'd say try carrying on another one of your saves. I know people would say you've got to carry it on but i'm of the opinion of if you're not enjoying it then there's not much point in playing it. After all it is a game which you choose to play in your leisure time .

My opinion anyway. Your 'life outside the lower leagues' was going well.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Saying you finished 4th in the first season and you're currently 2nd this season with Tianjin, I would say that's pretty good going ;) . But if you're not 'feeling' the save then i'd say try carrying on another one of your saves. I know people would say you've got to carry it on but i'm of the opinion of if you're not enjoying it then there's not much point in playing it. After all it is a game which you choose to play in your leisure time .

My opinion anyway. Your 'life outside the lower leagues' was going well.
    I'm not in 2nd anymore.

Just having trouble getting into managing Tianjin (though it's completely different than my situation at Beijing). I won't play FM till Friday (well update 1 of my 2 threads, might sneak in a game or two if I have time...not one but two tests Thursday!) so I'll wait another day to see what you guys have to say.

Youth Team

Personally, I'd go back to the earlier thread if you're struggling to get into the new one. Or quit Taijin and see what else comes up!

Amateur

On my current 'Cookie's World Tour' save, I have managed to get myself my first international role, and was wondering how other people pick their squad. I assume the correct way would be to watch loads of matches in that country's league matches, and actually scout the players, but do many people do that?

Youth Team

If you have a good assman, you can always trust his judgement with a suggested squad the first couple of times round. Otherwise, watching all those games takes a lot of time.

Recruit plenty of coaches too and you should be able to send them to watch any active competition featuring your players. They give you useful info like coach x considers player y to be the 3rd best defender in the squad ;)

And make sure your U21, U20 and U19 managers have good Judge Pkayer Potential stats so they can pick out the odd gem for you.

Amateur

Thanks Dodge, great advice. I'll have a look through it tonight. Hopefully I'll get the next update posted also....

Reserves

Cheers Raware and DodgeeD. I'm going back to "Life outside the Lower Leagues."

You guys can read the new updates now if you want. ;)

Semi Pro

Hi guys

its been a while since i was in this part of the forum after realising im no good that the club hopping career thread i was planning and failed at last time. however, as Im currently in exams, i've been playing an international game and i was wondering whether a purely International career is allowed to be documented here?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by brambleten View Post
    Hi guys

its been a while since i was in this part of the forum after realising im no good that the club hopping career thread i was planning and failed at last time. however, as Im currently in exams, i've been playing an international game and i was wondering whether a purely International career is allowed to be documented here?
    I'm only new here, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be allowed.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by brambleten View Post
    Hi guys

Of course

Youth Team

I can't I only have an Xbox.

Are you the same Nobby McDonald from Greydog doing the TNA diary?
    whats your GT? Il add you if you want?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackripper View Post
    whats your GT? Il add you if you want?
    Sent to you in a PM.

Amateur

Hi,
    Having been reading some of the career threads in here I've got to give it a go... as with the likes of Acidburn's career thread I like the idea of trying to win the different continental competitions and also the idea of starting in New Zealand (though obviously things won't necessarily work out the same way for me).

Basically just wondering a few things, the pc I'll be using has a Core i7 920 cpu and 6gb of ddr3 ram running on Windows 7 64bit, any ideas how many leagues I should be able to run over a career game? I have normally run quite a few in all previous versions and in this case more would be better as I plan to use downloaded extra files to put more leagues in Africa and of course to add NZ so hoping to have plenty of options for all continents.

Also on loading players into a custom database, should I bother with any of that stuff or just choose countries I'd like to manage in and go? Does the number of players have a big impact on performance?

Finally, starting reputation. I read sometime ago about automatic setting you at the level of the place your starting in rather than at the more realistic lowest possible rep, and if I start unemployed with automatic on a test game I ran I can get several jobs in NZ including top division sides.
    However, if I pick sunday league and unemployed it just seems utterly impossible to get a job in NZ even in the amateur lower divisions. If I picked automatic I wouldn't be looking to choose one of the title challenging sides like Auckland immediately, rather a smaller side like Canterbury Utd or a side in a lower division... basically is one starting reputation preferred over the other here or should I just pick automatic and get on with it?

Sorry for all these questions, just want to get everything right before I put a lot of time into a new save.

Youth Team

regards running the leagues you having a laugh lol. you can run them all if ya want!

my pc is same spec (next CPU up) and i run 50 divisions in total and its zooms along happily season in 2 days.
    The numbers of players has a impact but with that spec machine it will take alot to cripple it, mate with the same spec is running with 220,000 players in total and he says it runs fine.

personally though for a wide game id load say 10 divisions from each of the five continents give you plenty of options.
    as for Rep pick what ever you want it doesnt really make much difference in here at all,

Amateur

regards running the leagues you having a laugh lol. you can run them all if ya want!

my pc is same spec (next CPU up) and i run 50 divisions in total and its zooms along happily season in 2 days.
    The numbers of players has a impact but with that spec machine it will take alot to cripple it, mate with the same spec is running with 220,000 players in total and he says it runs fine.

personally though for a wide game id load say 10 divisions from each of the five continents give you plenty of options.
    as for Rep pick what ever you want it doesnt really make much difference in here at all,
    Yea, I mean on my more normal game I probably have about 50 running and it runs fine but thats only in 2016 so far, was just thinking how much it would slow down the further I went but thanks for the reply.

First Team Squad Member

I'm back! Starting to play FM again after a break, been playing FIFA since I got it.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Valin View Post
    Yea, I mean on my more normal game I probably have about 50 running and it runs fine but thats only in 2016 so far, was just thinking how much it would slow down the further I went but thanks for the reply.
    im in the early 2020s and have no slow down at all

Amateur

How does one go about taking a team from amateur to semi pro? Is it a case of tying down x % of players and staff to semi pro contracts or does the transistion occur by other means. Just wondering as I'm starting a journeyman and want to play in Belgium. only problem is the two jobs on offer at the start are both amateur teams. I'm also look into Switzerland but it's the same case there

Youth Team

just move up the leagues and your chairman automatically makes you semi pro i find the contracts thing makes little to no difference.

Amateur

ah thanks for the info (Y). The thread for the career should be up by the end of today as well.

Semi Pro

Yep, acidmonkey's right, but from memory though, when I played as an amatuer club obviously all of my players were on amatuer contracts which means clubs can cherry pick your best players for no fee at all. That's what happened to me anyway. Can become really annoying!

Good luck if you do go ahead with an amatuer team. It'll be interesting to see how you progress.

Youth Team

yea but it allows re-enforcements in say march

First Team Squad Member

Just trying to decide if it would be better to put some sort of record of my career in the opening post or would that ruin the enjoyment of reading through the thread to see how things progress?

Semi Pro

Personally I like to see a record of the progress in the opening post, just so I can see at a glance how it's progressed. But that's just me.

Reserves

I prefer not to see it in the first post, as it takes away the excitement from reading on. But I can see why people like it. It's practical.

Youth Team
    Irish people like football, they just dont like Irish football

Put it in. Im with Pangaea but as soon as I see it I scroll past it but the other side of the coin doesnt have that option if its not there

Amateur

Just trying to decide if it would be better to put some sort of record of my career in the opening post or would that ruin the enjoyment of reading through the thread to see how things progress?
    spoiler:
    You should put it in a spoiler
    ;).

Youth Team

why dont you put it at the end of each update and build on it with each end of season update you do?

Third Team
    Perth Australialand PSN: Saxonaitor XBL: AngloSaxx

Hows this old forum been doing since I departed?

Seems like an age ago I was prowling these dusty old pages with only 3 or 4 viewrs but now up to 22 I think everyone can be proud of what they accomplished with this.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonaitor View Post
    Hows this old forum been doing since I departed?

Seems like an age ago I was prowling these dusty old pages with only 3 or 4 viewrs but now up to 22 I think everyone can be proud of what they accomplished with this.
    Things certainly seem a little busier than they did a while ago.

Amateur

How do you set up that little box thing that everyone seems to have updating their career?

Semi Pro

Code:

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This you mean?

Type this but remove the *'s

[*code]

Season Team League Position Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/code*]

Reserves

Then copy all the text you have in there to notepad or some such program. Much easier to line up the text than in the reply message itself. When it's lined up you copy it back to the reply window.

Amateur

Thanks guys I used to know how to do it but its been a long time between forums

Amateur

In a career can you manage international teams from non active countries?

In my Italian legacy game I have only selected England and Italy as active leagues the rest are view only. I have since applied for the French U19 post but no decision has been made and they are now playing in the U19 tournament with no manager? Is my game flawed by not selecting other leagues as view only

Youth Team

Need a bit of advice lads. Have recently started a career game with Sunday League experience but its so hard to advance, spent a few years in Japan and now im at a horrendous team in NZ, so I might start a new one.

1) Start Semi-Pro
    2) Sunday League but start as international manager of Ireland U21 or 19.

So whatcha think would be best lads ? I like a good realistic challenge but its so hard

Part-Timer

I have spent ... sheesh ... five months building out a new FM2010 universe in which I will be managing closely 3 teams, and loosely 2 others. I'll be writing it up as I go, putting most of the info at http://mknn.wordpress.com/

My question is if it would be appropriate to create a thread here, and, say, update it every few weeks of gameplay with the highlights? Most of the content would stay on the blog, but I'd love to have other people monitor/comment as I went as well. Would that fall within the "appropriate use" of the forum?

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeLikeFM View Post
    Need a bit of advice lads. Have recently started a career game with Sunday League experience but its so hard to advance, spent a few years in Japan and now im at a horrendous team in NZ, so I might start a new one.

1) Start Semi-Pro
    2) Sunday League but start as international manager of Ireland U21 or 19.

So whatcha think would be best lads ? I like a good realistic challenge but its so hard
    The second option would interest me the most.

Youth Team

The second option would interest me the most.
    Its my favourite too and since your the first to reply, 21 or 19 ?

Youth Team

U19s always more intresting IMO

First Team Squad Member

Its my favourite too and since your the first to reply, 21 or 19 ?
    I would go for U19's first then maybe move up if you don't move on.

Youth Team

Right, cheers lads, I'll start that later

Wait, how do you start as U19 manager
    Last edited by MeLikeFM; 09-06-2010 at 18:12.

Youth Team

Got it sorted and started, looking forward to it, will wait a year or two before posting it

First Team Squad Member

Cool, I will be reading.

Reserves

Got it sorted and started, looking forward to it, will wait a year or two before posting it
    Don't you want to try FM11?

Youth Team

Anybody any ideas for names.

Its starting with the U19s but hopefully progress into a good career game

Amateur

I need help, I'm trying to set up a game on my laptop but when I try saving the game it won't save.

First Team Squad Member

Do people generally play very far ahead before posting an update or do you do it as you go along?

Youth Team

i generally go to December - do updates, go to end of season do updates

Youth Team

play a season then update.

Youth Team

It depends - with the monthly updates, I sometimes have two or three written up before posting (especially when I have an hour or so's play on the sly at work, where I can't access the internet ;)). When I'm playing at home I just update whenver I'm ready to.

Youth Team

Ill always play a bit before starting a thread though to make sure it has longevity.

Anybody any ideas for a title for my thread ?

Youth Team

Boyzone

Is anyone else struggling with their FM time due to the World Cup?

Semi Pro

Do people generally play very far ahead before posting an update or do you do it as you go along?
    I usually play a season or two ahead just to, as MeLikeFM said, make sure the game has some longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Quite the opposite really. I'm watching the World Cup games with FM on my laptop on my knee But then again, I have just broke my arm so i've got plenty of spare time at the minute

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeeD View Post
    Boyzone
    I like it

BUT, despite impressive results with IrelandU19 my rep is regional so I just cant see myself getting a job unless I manage to win a Euro Championships

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    I am. I played a bit yesterday during the matches just to get my season finished off but usually during a big tournament like this I try to turn my laptop off during the matches.

Youth Team

My World Cup time has been limited too - along with a few mates from work, we've been taking turns to host the final game of each day so there's no chance to have one eye on the game and one on the laptop!

Hope the arm heals soon Raware.

Semi Pro

Cheers Dave

International Squad

Ill always play a bit before starting a thread though to make sure it has longevity.

I Wish My **** Was As Long As This Save

International Squad

Ha, it doesn't censor ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Raware View Post
    Quite the opposite really. I'm watching the World Cup games with FM on my laptop on my knee But then again, I have just broke my arm so i've got plenty of spare time at the minute
    How can you manage to concentrate on the game and on FM?

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I am. I played a bit yesterday during the matches just to get my season finished off but usually during a big tournament like this I try to turn my laptop off during the matches.
    Exactly this. Otherwise, I won't appreciate the games. Or I'll lose concentration on FM and go on a big losing streak. Or, worse case scenario, both!

Although some of the matches haven't exactly been sensational viewing so far and I have been tempted a few times to fire up FM in the background.

Me too.

Reserves

Ha, it doesn't censor my ****.
    Fixed your post

Youth Team

I Wish My **** Was As Long As This Save

Im in 2017 now and with a regional rep I dont think I will ever get a club job, so I will wait till I get a club job before posting. Ill post my leagues later and somebody can tell me if I have a chance of getting a job

Youth Team

Egypt ( top league only )
    South Africa ( First division and above )
    Japan ( top only )
    Mexico ( top only )
    USA ( MLS )
    England ( Championship and above )
    Ireland ( first division and above )
    Spain ( top only )
    Austrailia ( top only )
    NZ ( top only )
    Argentina ( first division and above )

Jesus what was I thinking, Ill struggle to catch a break I think

First Team Squad Member

New Zealand is easy to get a job in, I started as semi-pro and got a job at the best club. I think you could get a job there if one becomes available.

Reserves

Some small-ish nations there so it should be possible, but it's naturally made more difficult by you selecting basically just the top divisions in each country, with a few exceptions.

Good luck

Youth Team

I had hoped my nearly 8 years now as U19 boss would give me some rep boost but alas . . . . .

Third Team

2 things)

Did anything become of an awards ceremony on here?

And

I'm probably going to try and put another save up here and people don't mind if I start at my current club do they? Been at Scunthorpe before but it only lasted half a season.

Youth Team

2 things)

And

I'm probably going to try and put another save up here and people don't mind if I start at my current club do they? Been at Scunthorpe before but it only lasted half a season.
    One will probably happen around when FM 11 comes out or the end of the year.

World Cup Winner

2 things)

And

As has been mentioned, after the summer this forum would have had a whole year with FM10, which seems like as good a time as any to have an awards ceremony, if we have one.

I'm sure people won't mind, but perhaps you could just do a quick post explaining what happened in the first six months and why you left.

Third Team

Well when we have one (I believe this forum should we have grown a lot) I will happily help with any preparations or being judge or whatever.

Youth Team

Think ill start a new one, I had fun as Ireland U19 boss for 11 years but I cant get a club job so I reckon Ill just start a new game unemployed with many more leagues

Reserves

Think ill start a new one, I had fun as Ireland U19 boss for 11 years but I cant get a club job so I reckon Ill just start a new game unemployed with many more leagues
    Why not do a Rovers save? Or a TFC one.

Don't forget to load some Asian leagues. Or go with a 90 league setup like me and start a journeyman career.

First Team Squad Member

Don' forget all the cool people load New Zealand as well.

Youth Team

hah the cool people are playing from level 10 England!

Reserves

The cool people load Japan with real players.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    The cool people load Japan with real players.
    I have Japan loaded in my new game but the team names are wrong and I presume the players are too but what would I know.

hah the cool people are playing from level 10 England!
    I did a game but got bored after level 7.

Have it loaded but my NZ I think is different to yours, I downloaded it from editors, no play-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by rancer890 View Post
    Why not do a Rovers save? Or a TFC one.

Don't forget to load some Asian leagues. Or go with a 90 league setup like me and start a journeyman career.
    Have a Rovers save, relatively succesful and its in about 2014, TFC may be a future option.

I have started a new game, 23 leagues. Got a great job in Japan to start as none of their clubs have managers.

Reserves

Well if you follow this link MLF, you can get real Japanese players for at least the J1 clubs and I think some J2 clubs too.

My current career uses this XML file for Japan. To get real names, just search for the fix on the FM wiki page.

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

The cool people are in Malta fwiw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 61 ... LastLast