Leagues to load to manage USA

Hey guys, I am thinking of a game as USA manager and was wondering what leagues to load to give me the best experciance possible. I want a reasonably large pool of players to choose from, preferbly in an active league, and for the other major CONCACAF sides to be competitive. I can run only one playble league, and four view-only on a small d/b due to a crap PC. I was thinking of USA, Mexico, Canada (if availible), England and Australia (not sure, but may be a few players there as they speak english?). Does this sound good to you guys?

Thanks, that sounds okay, my only question is whther the other North American teams will still be competitive without thire leagues loaded? Also, do you know if the US are often invited to the Copa America in-game as one of the two guest teams?

Oh, thats great, thanks for that. I am also thinking of loading the SPL as Rangers have a couple of players. Australia seem useless so I have dropped them from my list, and the Canadian league is not on FM. So thta leaves with the top leagues from USA, England, Scotland and Mexico (The only other NA league included.) Am still thinking for the final league, Brazil is one idea as there do not seem to be many other usefull options.

Canada isn't available.

Definitely load Mexico. Obviously load MLS.

Player-wise, the USA has players playing in the following countries (according to Wikipedia): Norway, Germany, Sweden, Portugal, Denmark, England, Spain.

Given what you have said about your PC, I would probably pick the following:

USA (MLS) - playable

Mexico (top two) - view only

England (top two) - view only

Germany (top two) - view only

Denmark (top only) - view only

If you feel it won't slow things down too much you could also load:

Spain (top two) - view only

Portugal (top only) - view only

Sweden (top only) - view only

Small database and make sure you load all players from USA.

That's based on the players listed as recently having played for USA on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men%27s_national_soccer_team

C.

I managed USA once and i only had England loaded

It's possible in the beginning of the game. But you should try it in 2020 or something. Barely any players left. Played with Ivory Coast myself in 2014, there were only 2 ivorian GK's left in the game. A 36yo and a 18yo that was really bad.

i once managed ivory coast but didn't have the french league loaded and didn't have a keeper. i had to use a greyed out player, and because he's an international player not a club player, i couldn't offer him a contract.

i once managed ivory coast but didn't have the french league loaded and didn't have a keeper. i had to use a greyed out player, and because he's an international player not a club player, i couldn't offer him a contract.

You don't need to have the french league loaded for Copa.

Could you not load all platers in USA in this example rather than this?

That's only good for the start of the game. Loading all players for a country doesn't enable making regens for it.

That's only good for the start of the game. Loading all players for a country doesn't enable making regens for it.

Are you sure? When I have loaded all players from small countries like Guam or Turkmenistan they have produced enough regens to make their national teams available 30 years on.

I recently started a new game in which I'm only going to manage the U.S. I'd recommend running the MLS as playable and maybe Mexico as view only. I wouldn't bother with any others.

To help my crappy laptop along I chose a small database and loaded only all of the Americans. If you want to load more you can the other big CONCACAF nations: Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras, Canada, El Salvador, Trinidad & Tobago, Canada, etc.

Are you sure? When I have loaded all players from small countries like Guam or Turkmenistan they have produced enough regens to make their national teams available 30 years on.

On an experiment I did I altered some things in the editor for the Cook Islands, and retained all of their players, but they just didn't produce any regens. I've also noticed on my save game when I've retained some of their players that they're not producing regens.

I've had no problems with other countries though.

I just started a game for the purposes of managing the U.S. and went with the following:

Medium database

USA (top) - playable

Mexico (top) - playable

England (top two) - playable

France (top two) - playable

Germany (top two) - playable

Italy (top two) - playable

Spain (top two) - playable

I used "Options | Detail Level" to turn those leagues down to "None" detail, while cranking up to "Full Detail" all of the International tournaments, MLS, and the other U.S./CONCACAF competitions.

You might also want to add a couple of fringe countries which have current U.S.N.T. members in them - I think Denmark (top), Scotland (top), and Norway (top), in addition to the leagues crouchaldinho indicated.

In addition, I ticked "Load all players from" not just the U.S., but from all CONCACAF nations, to give myself the best possible experience in World Cup Qualifying and the Gold Cup.

Hope that helps!

(The reason I went "Playable" instead of "View Only" is that that gives those leagues more AI movement, which leads to better opportunities for your American players down the line. Also, even "None" detail, I think, gives better starts, injuries, fitness, etc, for those leagues than does "View Only".)

Archived