Does the referee ever get it wrong?

When there is a dubious penalty or offside etc you get the chance to criticise the ref but then you see that the ref got it right.

I only moaned once and I was wrong and the ref was right but has anyone seen a report where the ref was wrong?

Just wondered if it happens.

• Administrators

Yes. Rarely though I think.

Unfortunately I don't take screenshots of this sort of thing

:)

Yeh, ive had it happen twice, once in my network game and once in my long term save. Complained about both and the FA were surprisingly quiet, i want the referee disciplined or something.

Absolutely it happens.

I goes both ways; I have certainly looked back on replays and seen my players scoring goals from offside positions and have them stand (I watch back on goals scored, pausing regularly because I'm often writing match-reports for my story in FMS).

However, when you get the option to criticise the ref as a news item, generally you are going to be told that you were wrong. You'll know that the ref was wrong when the FA decides not to say anything! If the ref was right, you'll quickly be slapped with a warning.

Generally, it's better to just shut your yap and just get on with it.

it happened to me on 9.1.0 in the league cup final when keane scored a goal for me and it was called offside but i checked the replay and he was never in an offside position, not even when he scored! Naturally i ripped into the referee after the game.

Archived