Transfer Budget

I am wondering if I am mistaken but I am in my third season @ Barcelona and my transfer budgets have been minuscule compared to what I have done there...

My First Season I won: Spanish Cup, Liga BBVA, ECC

My Second Season I won: European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, World Club Championship, Spanish Cup, Liga BBVA, ECC

So far in my Third Season I won: European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup... and I am 1st in the Liga BBVA 6 points above R. Madrid after 11 games with a game in hand, was first to qualify for the first knockout round in the ECC on 12 points from 4 games and I am in the 5th round of the Spanish Cup

And at the beginning of the third season I only got 44m as my transfer budget and I don’t believe that it should be so small after I won 9 trophies in the last 2 seasons, that’s 4.5 trophies a season....

I'm on my sixth season and I always get 165mil with Barcelona, but I hardly spend the money so yeah. Maybe you're spending a lot on wages and making them give you less money. :p

You're basing the transfer-budget on your success which isn't how the finances work in FM. You can win the Liga, Spanish Cup and Champions League for the next 10 years if you want, but if your bank balance is only X amount, you'll only receive around that amount for a transfer budget and usually a lot less than X if the balance is very high (over £200m).

Look at it this way. Say your balance is £70m at the start of the season. The previous season you won every competition you entered. You'll probably receive around £60-70m for a transfer budget. Surely it would alarm you if the board gave you more than this? What if they gave you what you wanted.. say £100m? That'd put you £30m in debt if you spent it all. That's terrible financial management. The Game will assign you a transfer budget in accordance with your balance and some cases it's more when other factors come into it.

As Barcelona you should be making around £2-3m profit per month as long as you haven't set the wages ridiculously high (over £1.5m per week say). Those monthly profits will give you say £20m over the season, Prize Money another £20m ? Season Tickets £30m ? TV Revenue say £20m ? You should be looking at a Balance of around £60-80m at the start of the new season.

My wages are exeptionally low and is about half of the budget

Does wage budget cover player bonuses as well? I am not sure but if they do not then check your players bonuses as well as these will probably be very high for a club like Barcelona. At Liverpool Stevie G's bonuses are like £12,000 per game and £12,000 per goal scored with a wage of around £120,000pw. So I am paying an additional 10% every game he plays and another 10% for every goal he scores. I usually play 2 games a week so the bonuses add up and can be crippling for a succesful team. That is just one players example on the majority of players are on similar bonuses.

As a previous poster mentioned though, success does not guarantee extra transfer funds.

Archived