On average how long does it taken you to complete a season?

Hi,

I know it is down to each individual, but I hav sn on the forums alot of people doing so many seasons in such a litte time. Whereas myself i ussually do a typical season in say 8-10 hours. Are thr any tricks to speed things up? I dont mean processing time, but little tricks so you are not wasting time? and whats the average it taks you to do a season, not rushing but in normal play?

Thank you,

James icon_smile.gif

Hi,

I know it is down to each individual, but I hav sn on the forums alot of people doing so many seasons in such a litte time. Whereas myself i ussually do a typical season in say 8-10 hours. Are thr any tricks to speed things up? I dont mean processing time, but little tricks so you are not wasting time? and whats the average it taks you to do a season, not rushing but in normal play?

Thank you,

James icon_smile.gif

With my current PC and current league setup it takes me about 30 hours to complete a season.

Which is fast enough for me.

If my PC would be faster I would most likely include more leagues instead of having a shorter season.

just under 30 hours. I played multi-player game with my missus and my friend. Usually take us three long session (roughly ten hours) to complete one season.

Don't think the computer itself made a huge difference. Most of the time we spent are on scouting players and tactics etc. We speed up the playing time a little bu apdoting some rules such as, not allow to look at players' profile unless they were discover by the scouts, free agents or on the transfer listed; limited to five (and more recently three) player transactions at any one time; etc etc. Little things like this means we spent less time going through every players on the database to find the perfect left back.

Between 10 and 20 hours, depending on whats on TV, whos in the room, any other things that may distract me etc etc.

Although I did once do it in about 4 hours, FM06 when i was Arsenal, I was 20 odd seasons in, had an amazing young team, lots of great back ups, and everything was inplace, so i breezed through the season with ease, winning game after game icon_smile.gif

Good times.

After checking Fm it informs me that I have played 13 days and completed 10 seasons.

I know it only roughly but just over a day to complete a season it seems.

I tend to be on forums and things at same time which tends to slow down actual playing time.

it takes me at least a week to finish a season. maybe this is because i tend to take a lot of time looking through teams and looking for players. i also have about 12 leagues running usually. a game i have just started i have selected all playable leagues possible so it will probably take me even longer to finish a season. HAPPY DAYZ.....

Normally by the end of the season i have played a number of days and no hours (e.g. 4 days 0 hours), so it takes about a day to complete a season.

But like dudester said, im normally lookingon the forum at the same time, so i could probably cut that doqn to about 18/20 hours.

Wow, so i must not b that slow then!!! icon_biggrin.gif. I have seen people complete a season sooo fast, in lik 4-5 hours. I guess 8-10 inst so bad. I like to look around teams for players to sign and thinbgs like that and just out of intrest at competitions. Thanks for your replies icon_smile.gif

1 day 5 hours to get to 5 games into season 2, but I sometimes leave the game running whilst online,so you might take 1-2 hours off that.

Takes me a couple of weeks to get through that, used to play a season in just 6 or 7 hours in 1 day in the old CM days, if only I still had the time icon_frown.gif

played for 25 hours so far and into february on my first season . however as i am playing as worcester and playng as a career game , i am constantly scouring the transfer marker and looking at players who are out of contract in order to improve my sqaud . overall i have brought in 30+ players in on trail (not all at once of course) and arrange friendlies with local teams in order to see what they are like . tactics is also playing a major part in my game , and usually spend 5-10 mins on the tactic screen before every game .

possibly the most enjoyable experience (so far ) i am having with FM08 icon_biggrin.gif

My average over the last 10 seasons works out at about 18 hours.

I find that odd because I used to be much quicker on 07. I think it is because every match lasts about 15 minutes as I have to watch about 60 shots a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serj:

If I played without interruptions about 4 to 5 hours I imagine. In my current save I've played for 1 day 11 hours and I'm in season #7. I prefer to play the game fast </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif how the feck do you play a season in 4 hours? Do you not do any transfers,let your asst manager do all the contracts and friendlies and watch all matches on commentry only on fast?

Even if you do I have no idea how you do it so quickly!! Double icon_eek.gif

Archived