+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Age that players decline

Banned

Hi

Just wondering in your team , what age do you say that a player is not good enough anymore

Thanks

Banned

Hi

Just wondering in your team , what age do you say that a player is not good enough anymore

Thanks

Third Team

Been discussed a squillion times and loads of thrads about it already, but for me I usually start to get rid at 31. Think this might be a bit overhyped though as I also had Mexes as a star CB until he was 35, his pace etc had declined but he was still excellent.

Amateur

same as nomis i get rid at 31 only keep keeper till about 33-34 depends on how stats decline

Reserves

31/32.

Amateur

When does a player decline? 31-34, generally. When do I get rid? 28+ usually, depending on how the contract falls. Around that age, players generally want 4/5 year contracts. While a 30 year old star might be worth £100k/week, it's highly unlikely to be economic in his 35th year.

Amateur

anyone keep people on so they can sign them as coaches? or move them to reserves later on/train youngsters? i have owen at arsenal and hes now 30 but i would like to keep him.

Amateur

The key is the economics of it all. They may still be a star at 35 but you'll get nothing for them, whereas if you sell them at 30 you get 10 million or more to go and get an equally good replacement.

Amateur
    Hull who are in the Premiership (never thought I'd be saying that)

I keep them until there not good enough

First Team
    croydon, uk \'THE master of muppets\' JUST CALL ME POSTAL PROGRAMMER

there was a great thread that showed that players decline too quickly.
    one of the replys showed the CA's of players over 30 years old at the start of the game and again a few years later.
    if someone can link to it that would be great.

Third Team

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">anyone keep people on so they can sign them as coaches? or move them to reserves later on/train youngsters? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeash I did this with Man United. I put Scholes, Giggs, Neville & Van der Sar all in the reserves with the intention of keeping them for emergencies, european experience and tutoring the youngsters. I think Van der Sar will be retiring soon because he's now 39 in my game.

+ Reply to Thread