+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble with Red Cards

Amateur

Default Trouble with Red Cards

So I'm playing as West Brom and mounting a title chase, but my defenders keep giving away ridiculously stupid red cards time and time again. For example, 0-0 against Liverpool and my defenders (on yellows) start hacking people down in the middle of the field. Under no pressure and looking the better side, down to 9 men we lose 1-0 from a... wait for it... free kick.

Just now I had a lucky escape after going 2-0 up in the first half and in the third minute of two minutes of extra time a yellow carded player slide tackles from behind in the middle of the pack, in a totally non-threatening situation.

Three games I've thrown away now, and so while I'll still challenge for Euro qualification, I should be looking to the top.

One player has played five games, with 3 reds (and he wonders why I fine him). Three others have a two a piece.

None of them are particularly aggressive (mostly around 10/11), I don't set hard tackles, and I'm not sure what I can do?

Thanks in advance, I'm at a loss.

Amateur

Default Re: Trouble with Red Cards

Have a look at the player and check their tackling, If its set to hard then drop it down a notch.

Or try not to go in hard on flair players that may draw a freekick.

I went through a spell of 4 red cards in 3 games because I'd forgotten that I set my tackling to hard to kick chelsea out of a match.

Amateur

AHA! Thanks mate, I forgot that they were individually instructed as well!

I knew there was something I was doing wrong.

Youth Team
    Reading - Season ticket holder since before we were any good

I do that all the time! Would also forget to bring my head to work if it wasnt attached.

Banned

Your players will also commit a lot of fouls if you're being tactically outmanoeuvred, and it is the only way they can stop the opposition.

Semi Pro

Also if they are agressive and/or dirty (hidden attribute) they will foul more, agressive when pumped up, dirty for the hell of it.

+ Reply to Thread