Officiating

Do the referees and linesmen get decisions wrong in FM?

Because it would seem so.

In the Champions League semi-final, I took a 1-0 lead from the first leg to the Bernabeu.

Little did I know I would be facing 12 men. Against Real Madrid, surprise surprise :rolleyes:

In the first minute Higuain scored a goal that was at least 10 yards offside! It wasn't even up for debate, it had to be the worst decision I've ever seen. I could understand if it was a tight call, but it wasn't even close! So much for getting decisions wrong, I think there might be corruption going on with the refs

I managed to equalise just after half time, Cristiano Ronaldo, of all people scoring against Madrid. But then Raul scored a diving header from about 18 yards out. :rolleyes:

Oh, well, I was still going through, right? Wrong. In the 89th minute, guess who scores?

A 50% conditioned, injured Ruud van Nistelrooy. This 32 year old (who has 37 goals so far this season:rolleyes:) scored a replica of Raul's. A diving header from at least 15 yeards out...

Okay, fair enough if an injured van Nistelrooy and Raul can score goals like that. But the officiating in this match was shocking. I know some teams *cough*Liverpool*cough* get a lot of dodgy decisions their favour in the Champions League in real life, but in Football Manager? That's not on. :(

Sorry for the rant, but it annoyed me.

Anyone else fall victim to biased officiating?

Let me guess you're a Man Utd fan (Liverpool dig)? If you are you really shouldn't be going down the dodgy decision path.

They do get decisions wrong. I like you had the 10 yard offside thing happen to me. I was so shocked and for a minute I didn't believe what I was seeing. I wanted to bring it up here but I figured it had to be a common occurrence. I've also had the not offside but called anyway happen, well, at least it seemed like it.

Well I suppose I know they make mistakes. But honestly this decision could not be a mistake, I fear Mr. Perez is using his transfer budget on refs as well as Galacticos. Higuain was seriously 10 yards,if not more, offside.

To quote a Mr. Didier Drogba: "It's a disgrace, a f@&king disgrace."

That said, I shouldn't be complaining too much. I've gotten 10 penalties in the league this season, some of them vital :D

I think you also have to bear in mind that the graphical representation of the match engine is not always perfect, therefore, what looks 10 yards offside when watching the 3d or 2d view may not actually be that far offside in the calculations of the match engine.

The regularly get decisions wrong when my team is involved! No penaltys for me in 2 seasons and 10 games! Thats despite my my players often getting "furious" and feel "that had to be a penalty" only to inevitably be "waved away by the referee".

The regularly get decisions wrong when my team is involved! No penaltys for me in 2 seasons and 10 games! Thats despite my my players often getting "furious" and feel "that had to be a penalty" only to inevitably be "waved away by the referee".

Thats pretty close to my experience, and when I do get one, even if I have someone rated 18-20 they always seem to miss anyway.....

Archived