Why does my game always run slow with a Quad Core processor

Its not THAT ram intensive. 2gb should be more than enough for normal database setups. The most important component for FM is the CPU. Unfortunately even the fastest CPU available is still far too slow for a really playable experience. They need to fix their code. There is probably a potential for a 10 fold increase in speed.

Its not THAT ram intensive. 2gb should be more than enough for normal database setups. The most important component for FM is the CPU. Unfortunately even the fastest CPU available is still far too slow for a really playable experience. They need to fix their code. There is probably a potential for a 10 fold increase in speed.

Balls.

I have a AMD Athlon 7500 Dual Core 2.7GHZ Processor and it runs like a beast. I have 3 gigs of RAM.

The match engine is smooth and the fixtures are quick.

To the original poster, have you got the latest patch? They had some problems in earlier version with threading making it run slow.

Also, check FM is seeing that you have 3 processors via the status screen.

Balls.

I have a AMD Athlon 7500 Dual Core 2.7GHZ Processor and it runs like a beast. I have 3 gigs of RAM.

The match engine is smooth and the fixtures are quick.

To the original poster, have you got the latest patch? They had some problems in earlier version with threading making it run slow.

Also, check FM is seeing that you have 3 processors via the status screen.

How do i check that FM is seeing that i have 4 processors? what status screen are you talking about?

I'm running French, English, Spanish, German, Italian & Scottish leagues with huge database.

i run a couple more leagues than that all the way down on a huge database fine for me 2.7ghz amd quad core with 8gb ram, try the large database maybe

Do you have "Multi-threading" enabled in the options? It allows the game to use more than just one processor.

I believe that for FM2009 RAM is more important than MhZ. But prove me wrong.

I upgraded from 2Gb to 8Gb and there was no appreciable difference, so I doubt that is the case :).

I have a Quad with 4GB RAM (3.5GB 32-bit OS). And it has always been slower than expected. It never uses as much processor-power as it could at all. And certainly (on my games) more than apprx. 70% of the RAM. It got better with each patch, but still it's kinda slow.

Been running all leagues with minimum details. It was slower, but it didn't use more power. Same as i run 1 league only. It goes faster but it doesn't use less, or more power. It just goes faster/slower depending on how many leagues i choose.

And when it's processing it's processing the dates/fixtures, and whatever there is to process, in pulses. Process - Stop - Process - Stop.

I've tried overclocking and i've tried normal. Not much of a difference at all.

I have been writing about this many times in other threads. Just check out my other posts.

Although i know so little about these things, i have a feeling that the game isn't really optimized.

Probably won't take too long until Wakers sees this :p

Quite a few people with dual have said that it runs fine, whilst people with quads have said otherwise. So i don't really know what to say from that.

It seems like people with quads and Vista, "suffer" the most. Haven't really paid too much attention, to be honest, after the last patch. So i don't know how accurate that is now.

mines been better after the last patch only slightly but still very playable after 10 seasons on a huge database just hope they keep the same system requirements for FM10 and improve its functionality on quad core machines

Agree with you there lee50_11.

Right now i'm in 2018 with 25 countries loaded. All leagues in those countries are playable. I can't really complain about speed, since it goes very very well. However, it still feels like it could go much faster. I just clicked continue and now, while it's processing, it uses 950MB RAM and 25 % of the processor. I would like to think that an intensive game (processing-wise) like FM09 would use more resources than just that.

By the end of transferwindows, on matchdays and on seasonchanges it takes a bit longer than usual. But the game doesn't use more power than what it normally does.

One thing that should be noted though, is that those numbers i gave earlier isn't the max i have seen FM09 use. That was just now. But it sure could use a lot more than what it's using now.

yeah i agree mine uses around 30% of my ram while processing and about the same cpu usage (just looking now) i'm running about 7 fully playable leagues (all the way down) and 2 on view only maybe i will try loading more as you have a few more than me loaded

Nice. I like :)

I just think it's strange that FM09 doesn't utilize more of the computer than it does. However, i'm not a genius when it comes to that area though. Just have to point that out.

Hope it's possible for FM10 to get the game to use more of what's there so people with Quads (or at least, those with speed issues) feels like the game is using more horsepower when it's needed.

To put it in other words. It's almost like running 100 meters with 50 guys hanging on to you. When they let go, however, you're not able to speed up. You're running at the same pace.....if you get my analogy :p

***edit****

It goes faster to finish, but that's just because the track shortened, not because you were able to run faster.

I like thos specs too :D

I think it's a case of the game not utilizing the best of a quad-system. Dual-core seems to work fine.

But hey, that's what it seems like. Do not take my word for how it is. I just know, how it feels like on my computer, how it is on my computer and what others have said about the game on their computers.

Would be nice if there was someone who actually knew more about this would comment here.

How much of RAM and CPU does the game use on your computer then, swindon?

I tried unticking threading, but that was just disaster. So i can understand what you must be going through, if you're running with just one processor (core) Saxonaitor.

One funny thing though, was that on my computer, the game was running faster when i used Aero. If i turned Aero off, the game would go slower and the 3D would stutter.

I just don't get it lol

Right now, i'm in swedish first division north. Managing Mariehem. Started unemployed. Just wanted a new challenge so i loaded up a few leagues and took whatever. Struggling a bit, but it's steady.

So i can understand what you must be going through, if you're running with just one processor (core) Saxonaitor.

My friend my life is for the worse because of it but I am getting a new computer in the next month hopefully.!!!! :D :D

basically my problem is that it takes 2 mins to load an option screen tab selections screen etc It's Unplayable

Yeah, that would certainly help with the FM experience.

Was reading your other thread, but i have no idea about that one.

Know how it's like to run a game you really wanna play, but you're stuck with a "crap" computer. It sucks.

I'm getting somthing along the lines of this:

would estimate that an AMD AM3 Phenom II x810 with Vista Home Premium, 500GB HardDrive, 2GB RAM, DVD Burner and ATI 4650 would be about -:

$1030 (Base) - $220 (less Monitor/Keyboard/Speakers??) + $165 (Vista) + $55 (Graphics Card) = $1030 TOTAL (Approx.) maybe $60 setup = $1090

I'm getting it custom built probably

ive been having a problem, try this and see if it applies, change the screen to windowed mode and watch the top of the screen were it says FM2009. when you press continue and it starts processin my pc stops responding, like you may see in other games when they crash, but it last for 5-10 secs and then it continues as if nothing was wrong. it could be why it seems slow prcessing when in fact its not

i'd like others input on this aswell cos it happens most of the time and slows my game down considerably. otherwise it runs very fast for me. (when working)

ps, it may be a W7 problem but i dont know!

Oh yeah. I forgot. Right now i'm trying W7. Been trying it for a few days, and i have the same problem as you foofighter23. Have you tried running it in compatability mode (XP)? I haven't tried it yet, but it worked on Vista, to get rid of that "No Response" message.

ive been having a problem, try this and see if it applies, change the screen to windowed mode and watch the top of the screen were it says FM2009. when you press continue and it starts processin my pc stops responding, like you may see in other games when they crash, but it last for 5-10 secs and then it continues as if nothing was wrong. it could be why it seems slow prcessing when in fact its not

i'd like others input on this aswell cos it happens most of the time and slows my game down considerably. otherwise it runs very fast for me. (when working)

ps, it may be a W7 problem but i dont know!

i'm on vista happens 99% of the time i press continue don't worry about it now i'm so used to it

Archived