Basketball manager???

Has any company every created a basketball manager simulation game of similar depth to football manager?

Im mainly a fan of NBA but I know Euroleagues are pretty popular as well, and I could be wrong, but I think basketball is the second most popular team sport world wide after football.

It would be quite brilliant in my opinion. SI programmers reading this? Get it done

Rugby is more popular then Basketball?

As much as I love rugby, I think basketball is more popular, just.

Although not that big in the UK, it's big in much of the Americas, Central and Eastern Europe and the Far East. Rugby is on the increase though.

Cricket's bigger than most people think too, and probably the second biggest if going on sheer number of followers.

Rugby is more popular then Basketball?

I dont think so, basketball is popular in balkans, spain, eastern europe including Russia, and spain and russia are two of europes biggest nations, basketball is also popular in Australia and the most popular sport in china-as well of course as having a huge fan base in the United States. In South America, basketball is the second most popular sport after football.

So pretty much all over the world it is popular and gaining popularity in Africa

Rugby is played mostly by ex nations in the british empire isn't it, and is mostly only popular in Britain, Australia and South Africa

Cricket is popular in Australia, Britain, India Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa, so again some of those nations have a huge population but basketball has a more widespread fanbase all over the world, I think a basketball manager game would be extremely successful, the only problem is unlike football manager where italian, spanish, and english leagues are all elite leagues, in basketball only NBA would be elite and every other league would be below that.

I dont know how many scouts football manager has, but they wouldnt need as many for basketball manager, there are much less teams

Your analysis of rugby would only work if you could explain why its so big in France and why Italy and Argentina have top sides and whats going on in Japan, Georgia, Romania and other places that play quite a bit.

I dont think so, basketball is popular in balkans, spain, eastern europe including Russia, and spain and russia are two of europes biggest nations, basketball is also popular in Australia and the most popular sport in china-as well of course as having a huge fan base in the United States. In South America, basketball is the second most popular sport after football.

So pretty much all over the world it is popular and gaining popularity in Africa

Rugby is played mostly by ex nations in the british empire isn't it, and is mostly only popular in Britain, Australia and South Africa

Cricket is popular in Australia, Britain, India Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa, so again some of those nations have a huge population but basketball has a more widespread fanbase all over the world, I think a basketball manager game would be extremely successful, the only problem is unlike football manager where italian, spanish, and english leagues are all elite leagues, in basketball only NBA would be elite and every other league would be below that.

I dont know how many scouts football manager has, but they wouldnt need as many for basketball manager, there are much less teams

Cricket and rugby both seem to be the most popular in more countries than Basketball, though.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Most-Popular-Sports-Around-The-World&id=551180

It's no surprise that football, or what Americans call "soccer" is the world's most popular sport to play and to watch. An estimated 3.5 billion people either watch or play football. The World Cup is the global championship of the sport and this tournament is played every four years. The World Cup itself is one of the highest rated sports on television, with many countries tuning in en masse to watch their country's team play. Football is popular in all of the UK, Europe, Asia as well as South America. However, with so many other sports being popular, the Unites States still lags behind in their interest in "soccer".

Next, we have cricket. This sport which consists of a bat and a ball, has been around for hundreds of years and originated in England. The sport is popular in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, some African countries, some Caribbean countries and it is the most popular sport in the countries of India and Pakistan. An estimated 3 billion people watch or play cricket each year.

The next most popular sport is a sure surprise, and that is field hockey, with an estimated 2 billion players or watchers, mostly in Asian countries, European countries, Australia and around Africa. This sport tends to be played in high schools in the United States, usually by girls only.

Coming up next is tennis. Not so surprising, but there are an estimated 1 billion players and watchers of tennis around the world. Tennis tends to be popular in richer countries, including the United States, Asian countries, Australia and Europe. There are four main tournaments in tennis, called "Grand Slams" at which players from many countries play. The first is the Australian Open, then the French Open, Wimbledon and then the US Open in late August. The Grand Slam tournaments tend to get the most attention during the tennis season.

Next we have volleyball. Yet another surprise, with an estimated 900 million viewers or players around the world. Volleyball is popular in the United States, where the sport originated, as well as in Brazil, all over Europe, Russia, China and Japan. Volleyball is a popular high school sport in many countries due to it's team centered play and lack of specialized equipment requirements.

Also popular is table tennis, otherwise known as Ping Pong. This is another surprisingly popular sport around the world, with an estimated 900 million watchers or players. Table tennis originated in England as an after dinner activity for Victorians in the late 19th century. Table tennis as a competitive sport is popular in many countries but is especially popular in China, Korea and Singapore.

After these sports, we have a triumvirate of more mainstream American sports including baseball, golf, American football and basketball, with each sport attracting between 400 and 500 million players or watchers worldwide.

I find it hard to believe basketball attracts so few viewers, the same amount as baseball and american football! I guess the population in the balkan and eastern european nations aren't very high, but then again that also fails to take into account the chinese viewers. In an NBA game

250 million other people will be watching this game, but not you.....because no outlet in America will be covering it.

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/11/is-anyone-aware-that-largest-television.html

in an NBA game between the two Chinese NBA players, Yi Jianlan and yao Ming, it drew ratings of 250 million viewers despite the fact it wasn't nationally broadcasted in America.

I think basketball has a huge and growing fanbase, but I don't know how large the fanbase for a sport has to be before a company like Sports Interactive would think about spending all the time and money to create an extensive manager game about it. Have they made hockey or cricket manager yet?

Your analysis of rugby would only work if you could explain why its so big in France and why Italy and Argentina have top sides and whats going on in Japan, Georgia, Romania and other places that play quite a bit.

I didn't know those nations were so big on rugby, but I know that for example in Romania, Georgia and France, not to mention Italy, basketball is a much more popular sport in those nations than rugby. So yes the national teams are doing well, but basketball is more popular. In the article I posted, rugby doesn't have more spectators than even the american sports of baseball or american football.

Even in England rugby is not the most popular sport, probably 3rd or fourth, behind football, F1, and then im not sure if cricket has more fans but I think it does than rugby does in england

World Basketball Manager;

I don't think it has a publisher, so it is available for 20 euro to download online from the creators. Screenshots look decent.

http://www.wbmgame.com/index.html

looks pretty good, i wonder tho do they have the rights to sell this? For example I know in the NBA the players and franchises are copyrights, I really wonder if the publishers of this game payed for those image rights

Walking The Dog Manager 2010

now that would be a life saver :D

Can you imagine the complaints about the tactics editor?

my dog is ****ing stupid! He ignores my whistles, doesn't follow my instructions, ignores any f-arrows, and he doesn't run with the ball. He runs with it so far, then just stops, dropping the ball at his feet, until another dog comes along and just takes it from him. Stoooopid! And SI still haven't fixed it!

And then, to take the biscuit (so to speak), I threw him the ball and he didn't even make for it, he just semi-sat down in the 'D' with that unmistakable look in his eyes and his tongue hanging out his mouth, and curled one down right in front of the penalty box!

Yeah, alright, I instructed him to sit in there, but I specifically told him to hold it!

Needless to say, in the post-walk doggie-talk, I will not be giving him a treat - not even a forgiving pat on the head.

Get in your basket!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

basketball is US only, its hardly even a whisper in any other country, and i mean ANY other country. Same as baseball, but yet its called the world series... egotism for you.

statement from you, but I'm not surprised, geordie:D (KIDDING)

Basketball is China's most popular sport.

It is also the most popular sport in several balkan nations such as Greece, Slovenia and Serbia. In Turkey basketball is follwed second only to football. Russia, Italy and Spain also have well supported basketball leagues, not to mention nations like Lithuania and Belarus.

It was funny how sure of yourself you seemed to be though:D:D:D

In Australia Basketball is well down on the list. Our top sports down to basketball it terms of attendance are:

Australian Rules Football (2,526,700 Funnily enough, the only national soccer league that has higher attendance is the German Bundesliga and is 4th highest domestic league in the world)

Horse Racing (2,003,700)

Rugby League (1,486,400)

Motor Sport (1,485,200)

Cricket (730,700)

Rugby Union (682,000)

Soccer (560,700 and growing)

Harness Racing (444,200)

Tennis (267,900)

Basketball (237,200)

Dog Racing (224,800)

So that ranks basketball 10th on our national list. Lower than the "traditional" crowd pullers such as harness racing and only just ahead of dog racing. I am an Aussie Rules fan but I cannot gather how it is the 4th highest average attended sport in the world when it is only #1 in four states in Australia and almost played exclusively in Australia. Lots of arguments both ways on that one I guess

Moronic statement from you, but I'm not surprised, geordie:D (KIDDING)

It is also the most popular sport in several balkan nations such as Greece, Slovenia and Serbia. In Turkey basketball is follwed second only to football. Russia, Italy and Spain also have well supported basketball leagues, not to mention nations like Lithuania and Belarus.

u r moron

Actually Basketball is not the most popular sport in Serbia, it's football. In slovenia it's skiing I imagine. In Greece it could be, but I'd still go with football. However basketball is very very popular sport in all over europe, all of the balkans practically, Central europe, spain. Basically everywhere except UK.

Why is the tennis game a joke? It would be great. (Tennis is probably my favorite sport, just edging football).

There are about 2000 pros and you could have the junior levels. Plus amazing regens on a tennis game would be awesome.

But there is already one like that, called Tennis Elbow Manager.

In Brazil Basketball used to be very popular back in 1960-70s, after the country win the world title twice. Now I think it's behind Football, Volleyball and Futsal. As curiosity, the sport most played in Brazilian schools is Handball, more than Football.

Cricket and Rugby have no representation here. I've never heard of anybody playing these sports here. No leagues, not even fields.

It would be nice to see a decent Basketball Management Game. Though this WBM seems to be going to the right way.

In Australia Basketball is well down on the list. Our top sports down to basketball it terms of attendance are:

Australian Rules Football (2,526,700 Funnily enough, the only national soccer league that has higher attendance is the German Bundesliga and is 4th highest domestic league in the world)

Horse Racing (2,003,700)

Rugby League (1,486,400)

Motor Sport (1,485,200)

Cricket (730,700)

Rugby Union (682,000)

Soccer (560,700 and growing)

Harness Racing (444,200)

Tennis (267,900)

Basketball (237,200)

Dog Racing (224,800)

So that ranks basketball 10th on our national list. Lower than the "traditional" crowd pullers such as harness racing and only just ahead of dog racing. I am an Aussie Rules fan but I cannot gather how it is the 4th highest average attended sport in the world when it is only #1 in four states in Australia and almost played exclusively in Australia. Lots of arguments both ways on that one I guess

Basketball is popular in europe , USA and the main point here-is its china's most popular sport. So even if no one outside of china watched basketball, it would still be one of the worlds most watched sports

I didnt know football was more popular in Serbia, because Serbia has an incredible basketball team, is handball more popular than basketball there too?

I find it hard to believe basketball attracts so few viewers, the same amount as baseball and american football! I guess the population in the balkan and eastern european nations aren't very high, but then again that also fails to take into account the chinese viewers. In an NBA game

The Superbowl gets a hell of a lot more viewers than NBA IIRC its one of the most viewed sporting events out of a world cup year

The Superbowl gets a hell of a lot more viewers than NBA IIRC its one of the most viewed sporting events out of a world cup year

yes that is just one game in the whole year.

Also superbowls highest ratings were only 96 million people world wide.

The highest rated basketball game-regular season between Yao Mings Houston Rockets and Yi's New Jersey Nets drew 220 million viewers. That is twice as much as the highest rated super bowl.

Can you imagine the complaints about the tactics editor?

my dog is ****ing stupid! He ignores my whistles, doesn't follow my instructions, ignores any f-arrows, and he doesn't run with the ball. He runs with it so far, then just stops, dropping the ball at his feet, until another dog comes along and just takes it from him. Stoooopid! And SI still haven't fixed it!

And then, to take the biscuit (so to speak), I threw him the ball and he didn't even make for it, he just semi-sat down in the 'D' with that unmistakable look in his eyes and his tongue hanging out his mouth, and curled one down right in front of the penalty box!

Yeah, alright, I instructed him to sit in there, but I specifically told him to hold it!

Needless to say, in the post-walk doggie-talk, I will not be giving him a treat - not even a forgiving pat on the head.

Get in your basket!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

classic there mate

made me fall off my chair :D

i do thats why I made this thread, and im wondering if SI ever had or ever was planning on creating a basketball manager game

Thats fine, you care, a lot dont!. You'd get better discussion if you talked about this in a forum thats NOT dedicated to football manager

Moronic statement from you, but I'm not surprised, geordie:D (KIDDING)

u r moron

Shame that you really really dont understand how small basketball is in those countries if you compare it to football for example. Well guess thats an uneducated person for you. Now im sorry, you created this thread based on the fact that you may like basketball and overestimated its popularity, but dont you dare call me a moron for voicing facts about it. Damn keyboard warriors. Hate you lot.

Archived