Defender is the most important things in FM 2009 ? Other thing doesn't matter

It technically isn't cheating. It's like a manager exploiting another teams slow defender. Get your pacey player up against him. If he's any good he'll get past him 9 times out of 10. Same applies to the corner bug. So to everyone out there using it your excuse is you're just a manager who noticed a team's weak spot and decided to take advantage of it just like any good manager should and would.

I don't care to defend myself so feel free to accuse me of using it.

It technically isn't cheating. It's like a manager exploiting another teams slow defender. Get your pacey player up against him. If he's any good he'll get past him 9 times out of 10. Same applies to the corner bug. So to everyone out there using it your excuse is you're just a manager who noticed a team's weak spot and decided to take advantage of it just like any good manager should and would.

That's not the issue, the issue is that the ball lands in and around the 6 yard and the keepr does not try to claim it or if he does he is compltely incapable of judging the flight of the ball (freeze frame using the fast forward buttonto see what I mean). With the real life protection of referees even if a keeper fumbles it, there's a good chance he'll get a free.

think you're looking at it quite wrong mate, because the corner bug can affect and be used against the best defenders (in terms of attributes needed to exploit the bug) due to the ME, not due to anything under the other managers control, on top of issues in the above post ofc

That's not the issue, the issue is that the ball lands in and around the 6 yard and the keepr does not try to claim it or if he does he is compltely incapable of judging the flight of the ball (freeze frame using the fast forward buttonto see what I mean). With the real life protection of referees even if a keeper fumbles it, there's a good chance he'll get a free.

Hahaha I totally agree IRL this wouldn't happen very often if at all but if you're going to use it in the game then you need all the help you can get. This whole looking down on those who do isn't necessary. You make them feel like they've committed some kind of sin. I'm just helping the guys out, sticking up for the little man as it were.

Hahaha I totally agree IRL this wouldn't happen very often if at all but if you're going to use it in the game then you need all the help you can get. This whole looking down on those who do isn't necessary. You make them feel like they've committed some kind of sin. I'm just helping the guys out, sticking up for the little man as it were.

Fair enough :thup:

I have no problem with people who use it. I just dont because my idea of hell would be to have a Centre-Back as my top scorer!:D

It's not cheating - it's just exploiting the ME. :D

Which is arguably what alot of people do anyway (whether they are aware of it or not) when they find a 'killer' formation.

Its usually cause some weakness in the ME is being exploited, its just not as obvious as the corner bug.

Besides when the AI can score 40yd screamers with players who have long shots 9 with their only shot of the game I think thats cheating :D

Which is arguably what alot of people do anyway (whether they are aware of it or not) when they find a 'killer' formation.

Its usually cause some weakness in the ME is being exploited, its just not as obvious as the corner bug.

Besides when the AI can score 40yd screamers with players who have long shots 9 with their only shot of the game I think thats cheating :D

*Joey Uselessfromdistance bangs it in from 40 yards!!! That's his first goal of the season*

How bleedin convenient for you Mr AI......My long shots 20 technique 20 midfielder can't hit a barn door yet your crappy one will with his first shot....I'll show you.......Corners to 6 yard, Vidic attack keeper.....Now you're gonna get it Mr AI, Mr I can beat you anytime I want.....Think I'm your bitch do ya?!?!

*Vidic heads home from the corner*

How do you like them apples Mr AI!!!!

------------------------

My neighbours must think I've lost the plot or are wondering who this Mr AI I keep yelling at is :D

*Joey Uselessfromdistance bangs it in from 40 yards!!! That's his first goal of the season*

How bleedin convenient for you Mr AI......My long shots 20 technique 20 midfielder can't hit a barn door yet your crappy one will with his first shot....I'll show you.......Corners to 6 yard, Vidic attack keeper.....Now you're gonna get it Mr AI, Mr I can beat you anytime I want.....Think I'm your bitch do ya?!?!

------------------------

Thats eerily similar to some of my rants at the game...

The corner bug is my one bit of joy at 'getting one over' the AI, I like to imagine my computer getting all upset and huffy when I score a corner lmao...

------------------------

My neighbours must think I've lost the plot or are wondering who this Mr AI I keep yelling at is :D

Loved it. Although I might add for me it's usuallt Mr. Federico Fazio :D

Mind you...

I actually score less from corners these days in all fairness. Perhaps I've forgotten the "optimum" settings, but I don't see it as often as with FM08 I have to say.

I'm the same. I was using Vidic as an example as he seems to be the one who works for most. I turned it on after having the worst in the league and quite frankly I was annoyed. Hit a spurt early on but not since (4 goals in 25 for challenge keeper CB Luiz, 3 from corners). But for whatever reason I've started scoring more from other ways and am top with 9 goals from corners.

I think changing aim to mixed probably had an effect on the challenge keeper player, but others are scoring. Still bloody Arsenal are steam rollering everyone else and only seem to draw/lose when they have a classic AI cheat match.

EDIT: Karma gets me as Vidic scores 2 goals from corners over the 2 legs to help knock me out of the LC. Just like Barzagli did in the UEFA cup last season. Mr AI does it again ;)

Perhaps why I enjoy playing in the lower leagues more then. If a crap opponent scores a 40 yard scorcher with crappy attributes, it's not so much of an issue, because I know one of my own players will do exactly the same at some point. Just one of those things I guess and in fairness it's an issue that's probably been blown out of all proportions.

As for the corners, I think it's more the case that you have to have just the right players with just the right settings for it to have the overtly exploititive effect. Either way, sure it will be fixed for FM10 ;)

Perhaps why I enjoy playing in the lower leagues more then. If a crap opponent scores a 40 yard scorcher with crappy attributes, it's not so much of an issue, because I know one of my own players will do exactly the same at some point. Just one of those things I guess and in fairness it's an issue that's probably been blown out of all proportions.

As for the corners, I think it's more the case that you have to have just the right players with just the right settings for it to have the overtly exploititive effect. Either way, sure it will be fixed for FM10 ;)

I think it's blown out of proportion as well and I don't honestly believe the AI cheats, but it's still my gut reaction when something goes against me. I'm perfect so it can't be my fault.

On the other hand when my heading 8 MC scores two headers from ghosting into the box unmarked it's my tactical genius, my cunning in buying players with the ability to get clear and my mastery of team talks that were the contributing factors.

Note the absence of safety smilies as I am deadly serious. I really am perfect at this game and only lose when the AI gets lucky.

Strange questions, but does it have to be a Defender thats used for the corner bug? Can you not use like a MC or Striker? The reason I am asking is I have a striker who has not scored for a long time, confidence is low, was thinking I could use this in the League Cup game I have coming up.....Try and get him the goal to boast his confidence.

Thats what they said last year :p

As evidence of my previously mentioned superiority to the AI (and any one else who has ever played FM or ever will, including these forums), look at these match statistics and you will no doubt ask yourself ‘how did he only win 2-1?’ Because of the damn AI luck that’s why.

I suck like a professional

4 shots on target and only 2 goals, yeah right.

Anywaaay………….. back on topic, a good corner taker should be included in your ‘corner buggery’ budget. Also if possible look for someone short but with good jumping as the only defensive instruction is mark tall. It might bamboozle the AI even more.

As evidence of my previously mentioned superiority to the AI (and any one else who has ever played FM or ever will, including these forums), look at these match statistics and you will no doubt ask yourself ‘how did he only win 2-1?’ Because of the damn AI luck that’s why.

I suck like a professional

4 shots on target and only 2 goals, yeah right.

Anywaaay………….. back on topic, a good corner taker should be included in your ‘corner buggery’ budget. Also if possible look for someone short but with good jumping as the only defensive instruction is mark tall. It might bamboozle the AI even more.

I do often wonder if some people have ever been to or watched a football game, especially out of the premiership? On countless occasions the best one being leeds vs ipswich, i watched leeds batter ipswich for 90 mins with ipswich getting into the leeds box twice, and scoring twice winning 2-0!

I don't think half of them matter for the corner bug tbh ;)

I thought he meant what were the important attributes for a defender in general!?! :confused:

If it's what are the important attributes for the corner bug then jumping and heading are the two most important.

Archived