Ruining a player

I am currently manager of Barcelona and got Tevez on a free transfer he had a brilliant first season but his second season wasnt as good due to Messi being an awesome striker. Real Madrid enquired so I said £50 million as this was his release clause and they accepted I thought this was a decent price so he is joining them at the end of the season. We are currently in the middle of Feb, I am now deciding if I should give him a training schedule of intense GK and nothing else. I am not sure if I should do it as it is kind of cheating. What do you think?

Back in one of the old SI CM games, I did that to Sol Campbell... He was leaving me on a free, so I set him to retrain as a keeper, with keeper training.

He went off to an italian club and played (awfully) as their first choice keeper based on the fact it was his preferred position and he had a high reputation / CA :')

I'll have to try to dig out the screenshots if they are still online somewhere. I probably posted about it on the old forum.

Back in one of the old SI CM games, I did that to Sol Campbell... He was leaving me on a free, so I set him to retrain as a keeper, with keeper training.

He went off to an italian club and played (awfully) as their first choice keeper based on the fact it was his preferred position and he had a high reputation / CA :')

I'll have to try to dig out the screenshots if they are still online somewhere. I probably posted about it on the old forum.

Thats wicked, wish I could have done that.

Don't train him as anything defensive there was a thread about this a while ago. If you train a striker as defender his attacking stats increase and vice versa. That only applies if he is training as a striker though but when he does go Barcelona are going to reap the benefits.

And it's not exactly cheating I see nothing wrong with a manager screwing over a player he's about to sell. He'd really be an asshole though.

This has given me an idea.

Take a couple of very talented youth players, one goalkeeper and one striker, and put them in a training schedule with world class coaches to train them to the other position.

So the striker becomes a goalkeeper and vice versa and see if they ever swap position.

I sometimes make a training schedule with full strength and aerobic for older players who aren't playing first team and I want them to go down hill quicker so they will retire and become a coach. It always annoys how long they will stay in the reserves before retiring.

This has given me an idea.

Take a couple of very talented youth players, one goalkeeper and one striker, and put them in a training schedule with world class coaches to train them to the other position.

So the striker becomes a goalkeeper and vice versa and see if they ever swap position.

You cant train an outfield player to be a GK which is a real pity as it would be great fun.

What about the impact of having a player unhappy with his training, if he's a popular lad with the other players then surely you risk of losing their respect & ultimately your job.

There wasnt much effect on Tevez he is just severely lacking match fitness after moving to Real Madrid. There were no bad effects on the team he was unhappy with his training but squad harmony was nearly full. I do know he will score against me next season its bound to happpen.

Funny thing was last day of the season we needed to win by more than Madrid to get the league title due to injury Tevez had to come on the pitch for the last 15 mins. They won 1-0 and we won 4-0 with Tevez scoring our 4th goals, we won the league by 2 goals I wish he had scored the third and it had stayed 3-0 then he would have taken the league title off Madrid.

I sometimes make a training schedule with full strength and aerobic for older players who aren't playing first team and I want them to go down hill quicker so they will retire and become a coach. It always annoys how long they will stay in the reserves before retiring.

Does that work? Do they retire earlier?

I presume these players will moan about the heavy training workload and become unhappy and affect the morale of the whole squad?

I ought to give it a try... these old players always annoy me, too. Not to forget the wages I have to pay them. Don't want to sell them though.

Archived