100 things I've learnt from Football Manager and the Forums

After many years of Football Manager and spending time on the forums I was thinking.....

What do I know now thanks to FM and the Forums?

So onto the list, Tongue firmly in cheek, lets begin.

(Before anyone says its not 100 yet but hopefully it will be)

1. 4-2-4 is the best formation to play when losing with 5 mins left.
  2. The AI doesn't want me to win and will cheat by injuring my striker in training and will also score more than me:rolleyes:
  3. Dots are better than 3D:D
  4. Kipfish's Bandits are so much better than the Sheriffs.
  5. By June we will have threads asking for FM10 already.
  6. When a patch is upcoming we will have 50 seperate threads asking "Whens it out"
  7. Man City always think through every transfer clearly and never spend over the odds for a player who will sit in the reserves.
  8. The AI will always crack my tactics.
  9. When ever a poster called "Rebecca" starts a Thread we know Hi-jinx will follow;)
  10. At some point I will take over my hated rivals and destroy them from the inside, It was a shame for C. Ronaldo having to play left back and Gary Neville is no striker!

Hopefully we can get some more "Things we've learnt"

I wonder how many we can get?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11. Regens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Regular players

12. Never bother asking "Is this cheating?" 'cause 99.9999% of the time it is.

13. Don't tell people to PM SI staff members for links to unreleased patches.

14. The timebar and adboards on 2D view are pure evil.

15. Arsenal are the best team in the world today.

16. Tactics are the solution to virtually every problem.

20. Every single young player at Arsenal will by law become living footballing legends better than Pele and Zidane combined.

21. The referee will only blow the whistle for offside after the player with the ball has made a shot at goal.

22. Assistant Managers should never even be let near a press conference.

23. In the entire world of football there are only about 5-7 back-room staff who can do their job pretty much perfectly (7 stars).

24. Cisco Roma has two world-class young midfielders (I think) :p

25. When clubs take up £250m+ bank loans to build new stadiums, once it's done they suddenly become one of the richest clubs in the world (Valencia).

30. the press are cryptic in their asking of questions so they no longer have to make up stories, just get you to pick the option you didn't really mean

31. telling people you are pleased with them really means that they can daydream for the next 45mins

32. most african nations will have no goalkeepers in 5-10 years' time

42. Selling anyone will come back and bite you on the arse somehow.

43. It's perfectly feasable that a team will offer you £40,000,000 after one international cap for a young English player, particularly when you are England manager.

44. Once you have won a few trophys on fm you think you have what it takes to become england manager irl.

45. When you have been mispronouncing a players name on fm and you hear the name irl you keep using your version as you cant break the habbit of the last year.

51. Every single goalkeeper in the world, no matter age or ability, will never be happy to be back-up. He needs to play at least 15 games per season, if not he wants to be transferred...

63. Rooney and Ferdinand are somehow flattered in the interest Chelsea show in them!! Bonkers!

completely ignore what I said then:rolleyes:

there was also two 57's so the next post should be 66

EDIT: make that 67

Archived