+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help dont get this

Amateur

Default need help dont get this

I have got a problem that I dont understand

In my last season I bought a really good striker all my scouts said that he was a quality players and not far from my best striker HENRI SAIVIET at the age of 28

Now I have compared the attributes and they are all the same . What I dont understand it why is my striker no where near as good as SAVIET

My new striker was 22 when signed and in his first season he scored 13 goals in 25 premier games .

Now when I get a scout report is says he is some way off saviet

Here is my new striker

http://yfrog.com/7gpicture1fycp

Here is the Scout report

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9190/picture5iya.png

In the scout report is says he is some way off Saviet but last season it did not say that . It said not far off

He is just not the same players

How can this be ???

My Tactics are the same as well and I WON THE league last year ?????/

Cheers

Amateur

Default Re: need help dont get this

I am just worried that If I buy a new striker then after a season the same thing might happen to him .

Youth Team

Scout reports vary. Most accurate assessment you'll get is by choosing '3 matches' and doing so a few times.

Secondly if you bought him then the assessment of your staff member can differ from that of your scout before you bought him depending on various factors.

Weaker foot and hidden attributes 'contribute' to scout/staff assessments.

Semi Pro

Scout reports are based on CA/PA not attributes.

Part-Timer

If you've signed him then it will actually be coach reports instead. Perhaps either the scout you used to find him or the coach that is giving you the report now he's in your squad isn't very good.

Actually, now I've typed that, there's also the fact you won the league at the end of last season so I assume your pre-season expectations will probably be higher this season. This affects how your coaches/scouts rate players, as they will be less generous. It doesn't explain why he's now so far off Saivet, but it may explain why his star rating has gone down. The coaches will have a better idea on your own player now though than any scout possibly could, or at least it makes sense that way, scouts don't see the player train every day.

Amateur

Thanks

Is there a way that in the future when I buy a striker than he may not be actually as good as first thought

When I bought this guy he was 22 I signed him and we was scoring many goals . Then in the second season there was a prooven goal scorer who played for sunderland and I signed him who in a way replaced him

Is there a way just to make sure that he is going to be good ?

Because there is a striker I want to buy who has scored goals for PSG like 20 goals every season but so did the other guy . How can I guarantee

Also I had won the league the year before that aswelll
    Thanks

Youth Team

You can't guarantee, it's football. Afonso Alves?

But I will say consistency is something overlooked by many. I'll take a player that my scout says is consistent over someone with superior attributes that my scout says nothing about with respect to his consistency.

Also look at the gelling part as to how a player will fit in with respect to personality, under the Personality section.

Amateur

So ....

When you want to buy a striker what do you look at .

I will now look at if he has scored goals in the Premier League .

All opinions Welcome

Also is there a reason why my striker has dropped stats like 15 games into the season ????

Amateur

By way here is the players stats

1st season did well . I thought he would build on it because he got experience but no

He may have not started every game but he does not look the same player

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5374/picture6row.png

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

You know, you typed it three times yet didn't manage to spell Saviet's name right once ;)

Third Team
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal_2111 View Post
    You know, you typed it three times yet didn't manage to spell Saviet's name right once ;)
    You mean Henri Saivet? ;)

Amateur

Ok I am very sorry LOL

Anyway what do u look at when u buy a striker

Cheers

Part-Timer

Finishing
    Off the Ball
    Decisions
    Determination (always make sure its about 14)
    Composure
    Concentration.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gauvner View Post
    Finishing
    Off the Ball
    Decisions
    Determination (always make sure its about 14)
    Composure
    Concentration.
    Plus these for me,
    Acceleration
    Pace
    Jumping
    First Touch
    Dribbling

Also I like them to have a degree of professionalism, the more the merrier. Prefer 'Professional' personality or Model Pro...so forth.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Thats how i thought it was spelt too.

Pipe that arsenal 2111 lol ;)

Amateur

What I dont understand is that my players attributes are all that is necessary

Finishing
    Off The Ball
    Desgions
    Determination
    Compousure
    First Touch

They are all there and he can use both feet . So what reason is there to be for him not playing to well in the games he has played .

Amateur

I may be misunderstanding the problem here but to me it sounds like Saviet's stats improved so now the 'new guy' has further to go to be as good as him.

Im Man City and it often compares scouted DCs to Micah Richards saying 'they can be as good as him' but Richards still (according to my y-coach peter beardsley) has another stars worth of PA left to get yet. So If they scouted DCs might be as good as Richards is currently, it means in a few years even if they reach that potential Richards attributes will most likely have developed even more and now be out of reach.

Thats how I always thought it worked anyway. Im sure someone will correct me If im wrong

Amateur

Yes that probbabley is right it is just the 1st season I had the striker the Coach reports said he was close to Saviet but now he is far away ?

Reserves
    www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk - the ultimate Football Manager Resource!

Quote Originally Posted by ftg87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    Thats how i thought it was spelt too.

Pipe that arsenal 2111 lol ;)
    It is spelt Saivet, but 1. It was sarcasm and 2. I didn't want to player name.

You should know me better by now ;)

Third Team
    Must have stabbed her fifty f*cking times....

Shocking attempt to try to make us look stupid when it was you who messed up

Youth Team

Oh, now i got you ...... ;)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    Oh, now i got you ...... ;)
    Saivet

Anyway - I just gave the free role option to him and he played a lot better ??
    another

Amateur

Do you guys give your striker a free role ??

A question

If 1 week I decide to play a striker with free role because I want to play that certain striker and then the following game I dont play a different striker without a free role will that cause bad effect on my team ???

Cheers

Amateur

??????????????????????

Youth Team

Q1. Do a search in Tactics forum and you'll find plenty of stuff about free roles.

Q2. No.

Just for future reference it's generally considered bad form to bump your own thread, especially 20 odd minutes after posting the question .

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by isuckatfm View Post
    Q1. Do a search in Tactics forum and you'll find plenty of stuff about free roles.

Q2. No.

Just for future reference it's generally considered bad form to bump your own thread, especially 20 odd minutes after posting the question .
    Very sorry about that

Anyway I think I have worked out the problem

One of his PPM was the offside trap which never would suit my style of play !

Cheers

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_44 View Post
    Very sorry about that

Anyway I think I have worked out the problem

One of his PPM was the offside trap which never would suit my style of play !

Cheers
    No worries

That PPM is on my 'avoid at all costs' list especially when coupled with low decisions/anticipation. Too high a mentality/forward runs setting and that PPM will have a player setting 'most offsides in a single match' records in no time.

Amateur

It is also because his PPM does not suit my style of play .

That PPM is more for counter-attacking where I like to dominate possesion

Cheers

Semi Pro

Yeah mate, offside trap sucks. I had a great regen come through with it and he got so many offsides, was like Inzagi reincarnated.

Part-Timer

I always thought it's a good PPM for a player to have. Basically for running onto a clever through ball.

Am I wrong?

Semi Pro

Yeah its really good if hes smart
    My regen was great but had bad anticipation, or whatever. Always picked the wrong time to start running

Amateur

I have a player who has that PPM and to be honest its a mixed bag. On his day hes awesome and creates havoc but just as often hes rubbish and ends up offside constantly.

Its not one I look for but its not the worst one either.

Amateur

I tried telling my player that I dont want him to be offside so much and dosnt want to listen to me . Is there any other way I can get that PPM away ?

Amateur

So is there a way round it ?

Cheers

Youth Team

^No. lower Mentality/forward runs if it annoys you, higher if you don't mind 5 offsides if the 6th time he moves he gets away with it for a clear run at the keeper.

Reserves
    Granada, Spain @GranadaCdeF_en & @HeathISF Editor: InsideSpanishFootball.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryknow View Post
    Yeah mate, offside trap sucks. I had a great regen come through with it and he got so many offsides, was like Inzagi reincarnated.
    Meh!

Just signed Inzaghi on a free transfer... One of very few reasonable quality veterans who would actually join my "onwards and upwards" Granada CF side ;)

Scored a hat-trick in his first game pre-season. All from his off the ball movement (rated at 18), high anticipation & composure, plus the obvious aid of "Likes To Try To Beat The Offside Trap" PPM, how I read the match at least.

Ultimately I think that how effective PPM's are depends on a combination of your tactical settings and how well suited a player's attributes are in tandem.
    Last edited by heathxxx; 12-06-2009 at 00:03.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by heathxxx View Post
    Meh!

Just signed Inzaghi on a free transfer... One of very few reasonable quality veterans who would actually join my "onwards and upwards" Granada CF side ;)

Scored a hat-trick in his first game pre-season. All from his off the ball movement (rated at 18), high anticipation & composure, plus the obvious aid of "Likes To Try To Beat The Offside Trap" PPM, how I read the match at least.

Ultimately I think that how effective PPM's are depends on a combination of your tactical settings and how well suited a player's attributes are in tandem.
    Agreed. "Likes To Try To Beat The Offside Trap" can be very useful, if the player has the attributes (mental in particular) and instructions to take advantage of it.

Plus, remember, being caught offside 20 times in a match doesn't really matter if you get it right a couple of times.... ;)

Third Team

Likes To Beat Offside Trap isn't a no-go item for me - it just requires very good mental attributes to get the most out of it.

For a player to get best use of it, he's going to need exceptional:

Anticipation
    Decisions
    Off the Ball
    Teamwork

As well as Acceleration.

Then, you set the player to "Normal" forward runs; the PPM will nudge him towards "Often" without you needing to instruct him to.

For players to pick him out, they need high Anticipation, Creativity, Decisions, Passing, and Teamwork, usually with Through Balls Often or Normal.

Finally, the PPM tends to result in massive numbers of offsides when either the striker or the man playing him the pass have not yet "gelled" with the team. After several seasons working together, however, it can be devastating, especially when lined up opposite a side whose defense has not gelled...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by heathxxx View Post
    Meh!

Yeah I mentioned further down that he didnt have the other vital stats.
    I actually got Inzaghi for Rangers on free, dam he was a good finisher, couldnt run though by that time.

+ Reply to Thread