Starting your manager career later

Does anyone here actually holiday all the way to say 2020 or even later then add your self to the game and start our career then? I just think it will be different rather than starting at the beginning as it will be mostly regens!! what do you think?

At least starting that late theres some history wheras there isnt at the start ie looking through the years to see who finished where in what league etc etc Its taking nearly 1 and a half hours to get through 1 season though!! still it will be worth it in the end so long as my laptop doesnt melt in the process!! lol

I sorta worked around that and started the save at a friends house...with a massive computer (he's somewhat obsessed with spending his paycheck on RAM and CPU upgrades)...we loaded all the major Euro Leagues and Russia, Ukraine and Turkey.

The Highlights were watching the world cups:

2010: Spain took home the trophy 2-0 vs Brazil (Xavi, Torres)

2014: Nwtherlands lost to France (didn't expect that) with Benzema with the only goal

Some notable UEFA winners (out of ordinary) include:

-Sevilla (almost won Spanish treble)

-Man City (by 2010 the sugar daddy paid off)

Also, Pato seemed to be really freaky at his peak, transferred for £50mil...

Does anyone here actually holiday all the way to say 2020 or even later then add your self to the game and start our career then? I just think it will be different rather than starting at the beginning as it will be mostly regens!! what do you think?

2020 is for wusses. 2035 is where it's at! :p

Yeah I like not know who players are, and their potential like I do starting new saves after a first one.

But starting a new save with 'real players' unticked, you still know who certain players are and just doesnt have that feel to it, also as JR Gunner said there's no history. Weird seeing club legends as random names.

I've been tempted to go back to one of the old games lately and to holiday into the future. Say, start 10 seasons in and take over from there.

Would make things interesting in terms of the players and the way that the footballing world may have changed during that time, for sure.

It's something I would consider on one of the older games (07 or 08 for instance) which are much faster at processing than the current edition. Holidaying on FM09 would take forever and my laptop would give up the will to live after 10 seasons. :D

I'm sure I remember reading about a guy on the LLM forum who started 40 seasons in for FM08. Think he left his laptop on over night for about a week.

C.

My current game is one where I holidayed for 12 seasons so most of the established players have retired and the youngsters from the start are now properly developed.

I did do a couple of other things in my game though which were:

1) Give Weston-Super-Mare (my local team) about £600 million in the bank to see how they progressed.

2) Made Man City go bankrupt just because they **** me off.

3) Made Macheda one of the worlds brightest prospects.

I've been tempted to go back to one of the old games lately and to holiday into the future. Say, start 10 seasons in and take over from there.

Would make things interesting in terms of the players and the way that the footballing world may have changed during that time, for sure.

It's something I would consider on one of the older games (07 or 08 for instance) which are much faster at processing than the current edition. Holidaying on FM09 would take forever and my laptop would give up the will to live after 10 seasons. :D

I'm sure I remember reading about a guy on the LLM forum who started 40 seasons in for FM08. Think he left his laptop on over night for about a week.

C.

Left mine on overnight last night from about half 10 (pm) till roughly 715 am and it had gone from 2010 to 2015 ish bit disappointed i must say!!

Archived