Can anyone help me? Im desperate!!

Hey, I have just bought a new laptop and installed Football Manager 2008 on it. It worked prefectly until today, when I tried to run Football Manager 2008, and during the startup, it said 'Unable to open fullscreen mode'. The game then shut down. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, as well as restarting the computer.

As well as this, I installed Football Manager 2009 with Steam, however, when I ask the computer to launch Football Manager 2009, nothign happens. I then try again, and it says that 'Football Manager is already running'. This is just plain confusing, and pparently it has nothing to do with the laptop.

Someone please help!!! :eek:

Your welcome MJ -i've had problems with FM09 before as well its a frikkin nightmare

:) I know what you mean

Why didnt they jsut keep it simple like fm08, altho obviously I have a problem with that as well :)

Is it a netbook? I went through trial and tribulation to get FM09 working on mine, but it's perfect now.

Im not sure, Im crap with computers and have no idea what a netbook is :cool:

Please tell me more :)

Welcome to the forum MJ - Not too sure if this is gonna be of help... but maybe you need to patch the game 1st

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

Is the post where you can get patchs

hope this helps amigo

Hey, thanks for this advice, but (and probably because I didnt really know what I was doing) this didnt help Football Manager load.

Thanks anyway :)

With 09- perhaps it's running as a process but not an app, normally caused by a virus?

Ctrl+Alt+Delete, that will open Task Manager. Flick to "Processes". Is "FM.exe" or similar, running?

08- has your resolution changed?

With 09- perhaps it's running as a process but not an app, normally caused by a virus?

Ctrl+Alt+Delete, that will open Task Manager. Flick to "Processes". Is "FM.exe" or similar, running?

08- has your resolution changed?

09- Yes it is running, but even when I tell it to end that process, and try to load fm09 up again, nothing happens

08- I ddon't think I have changed anything since it was working, it just happened overngith but I dunno why

I have accidentally changed my resolution in the past :D

Control Panel->Appearance and Themes->Change the screen resolution. I believe it needs to be set to 1280 by 1024 (should be the far right option).

As for your 09 problem, I suggest doing a thorough virus scan, preferably with Kaspersky (my tech guy says it's the best).

Oh, and have you read the FAQ? That could have the answer.

I have accidentally changed my resolution in the past :D

Control Panel->Appearance and Themes->Change the screen resolution. I believe it needs to be set to 1280 by 1024 (should be the far right option).

As for your 09 problem, I suggest doing a thorough virus scan, preferably with Kaspersky (my tech guy says it's the best).

Oh, and have you read the FAQ? That could have the answer.

08- For some reason I cant change my resolution, but it is set at the lowest so all i need to do is find out how to correct that

Archived