Managers Being Sacked

In games gone by you would be pretty much informed of loads of managers being sacked, and pretty much everyone in your own league. However it seems in this game that you just dont find out.

Anyone else notice this?

yeh, its crap, its a Management game, surely management jobs should be the most important piece of news, sometimes by fluke I notice on the loading screen 'Louis Van Gaal sacked by Newcastle' and I didnt even know he was there in the first place, when I was Inter manager I didnt even notice Ranieri had been replaced by Vialli until I played Juventus

All the information appears in your 'News' items (as opposed to your inbox).

Which is the main reason why (almost) everyone feels cut off from the football world. Hopefully the split inbox disappears for FM2010 ;)

Yes I have to say, I hate the fact that manager news is under the news section, even if all the other forms of news come under that secton, I demand that the manager news be returned to the inbox section please. I hate not knowing what is happening in my game.

sorry, but thats about as useful as a chocolate fireguard

Haha classic ^^

To be honest Neil, nobody checks the news screen every "day" of game time. That's because the news screen is badly designed and almost hidden from the gameplay.

You really should bring back the "filter" inbox system as that was massively popular and would enable players to actually be notified of whatever they want. Not only that, it'd actually streamline the game.

Why you ever got rid of it in the first place is beyond me!

I must say I actually like that the game distinguishes stuff related to you and your club - from misc. 'news'.

However, it'd be nice if we could (somehow) get these on the same page.

That would be the filtered inbox ^^ It was a really nice feature on the previous FM.

I do agree that this is a bit annoying, but what I've done to be better informed of managerial vacancies/sackings, is on the "Home" screen, by clicking on one of the downward arrows next to the headers of each section (i.e. salary info, fixtures & results, league table), and selecting the available jobs option, it will change that widget/section of your Home screen to the one that lists vacancies, so at least you can be semi-informed.

Hope this helps :thup:

well if its to the vote, id personaly like to notified of all job losses, vote of confidence from clubs in my home nation and also top jobs around the globe as a mandatory news item, as i would like to also see news when a new chairman takes over a club or a club sign top players,

i think it would be good for it to be included in the detail level or somthing so people can choose how much news they receive as apersonal option

Yea i agree with the post... would be helpful if it came up in your news box. I was looking for a new challenge and i went to see what jobs were available on the off chance to notice that the England Job and Manchester united job were available but only because i happened to look.

All the information appears in your 'News' items (as opposed to your inbox).

Yes - not only is this deeply unpopular, but am I not right in saying that you only get news for your division. Maybe if I'm managing Milan, I'm not particularly interested in the vacancy at Reggiana, but I would want to know if one comes up at Barcelona or Chelsea.

Archived