Commercial Link Help

Is it better to take the more expensive Commercial Link or the least Expensive one?

My instinct is definitely the cheaper option but does the more expensive option mean that I'll get even more merchandise sales?

I have a choice between paying 1.76 and 2.0 mil both in the U.S.

I also have a choice in Japan somewhere in between the two but I'm guessing it doesn't make a difference if I go for U.S. or Japan.

Is it better to take the more expensive Commercial Link or the least Expensive one?

My instinct is definitely the cheaper option but does the more expensive option mean that I'll get even more merchandise sales?

I have a choice between paying 1.76 and 2.0 mil both in the U.S.

I also have a choice in Japan somewhere in between the two but I'm guessing it doesn't make a difference if I go for U.S. or Japan.

The commercial feeder club links works by multiplying your merchandise sales (brought about by player signings) to a higher factor than usual.

For example: if you signed say, Lionel Messi without a commercial feeder club in place, you might expect a 2x rise in merchandise sales.

With a commercial feeder club in place, this would increase to say, 5x the normal sales. It's unknown exactly how much they increase by, im just summising at 5x.

It's not been proven that paying your Feeder Club more, means you'll get a better multiplier for your merchandise sales. Nor is it proven that a US club is better over a Japanese club. But it's not unreasonable to suggest that a higher reputation club (costing more to link with) would result in a better multiplier.

No transfer activity at your club effectively renders the commercial feeder club useless. It won't do much for you just sitting there. You need to exploit the link by signing high-rep players which will boost your merchandise further.

Touring the US and Japan has no effect, neither does signing US or Japanese players.

Hope that was useful! :)

I would like to see touring to the country to have an effect in the next version. I thought signing a player from obscure country with high rep does increase merch sales. I just got a high rep chinese regen striker, and they said merch sales will increase. Im guessing this is just because hes high rep too.

I would like to see touring to the country to have an effect in the next version. I thought signing a player from obscure country with high rep does increase merch sales. I just got a high rep chinese regen striker, and they said merch sales will increase. Im guessing this is just because hes high rep too.

That's correct, players with a high reputation anyway (in proportion to your club) will boost merchandise sales, it's just a co-incidence that he's Chinese :D

Archived