Square one

I personally think that the 2007 match engine was very good and probably the best fm match engine. Now i am not saying it was perfect because it wasnt and it had its faults. But like so many other people i feel that 08's match engine is quite a bit worse and almost back to like a 'square one'. SI didnt need to change the match engine much, just a few tweaks here and there and it would be fantastic, but they changed it completly and tbh anyone would think this is the first time a match engine/2d pitch has been put into a fm game, what with it being so fualty/bugged. This is not an 'attention seeking thread' or a 'rant thread' at all. All i am saying is that SI should not have changed the match engine as much as they did and for 09 i would be glad to have the 07 one back but tweaked SLIGHTLY and FOR THE BETTER. Anyone think this too? Or do most people think that 08's match engine is better than 07 and they would be happy for no/hardly any improvemnets to it for 09? Yout thoughts

I personally think that the 2007 match engine was very good and probably the best fm match engine. Now i am not saying it was perfect because it wasnt and it had its faults. But like so many other people i feel that 08's match engine is quite a bit worse and almost back to like a 'square one'. SI didnt need to change the match engine much, just a few tweaks here and there and it would be fantastic, but they changed it completly and tbh anyone would think this is the first time a match engine/2d pitch has been put into a fm game, what with it being so fualty/bugged. This is not an 'attention seeking thread' or a 'rant thread' at all. All i am saying is that SI should not have changed the match engine as much as they did and for 09 i would be glad to have the 07 one back but tweaked SLIGHTLY and FOR THE BETTER. Anyone think this too? Or do most people think that 08's match engine is better than 07 and they would be happy for no/hardly any improvemnets to it for 09? Yout thoughts

08s isn't as balanced as 07s was, although 08 has still got a patch to go, compared to the number 07 had. But 08s match engine is generally a lot better. There is much more variation in the play and (best of all, as far as I am concerned) bad players/teams play a lot more realistically badly (if that makes sense).

IMO the FM08 match engine is better than FM07s, and the match engine needed a reboot as it was becoming quite stale.

If you go back to the boxed version its quite obvious how much of a departure FM08s version is, with a great range of finishes that didnt feel scripted or repetitive, games were multi-paced and not the 100 mph stuff we got in every FM07, pretty much all of FM07s annoyances were fixed too (and there were a lot!), plus setpieces were much improved- obviously there wwas the defending and closing down issues but imo FM08 8.00 played the best and most realistic game of offensive football Ive seen on FM. It was just the defensive side where it fell down.

If SI can just retain the offensive side but sort out the defensive side then I think SI have a winner.

This is why I hope SI are taking time with the patch- as 8.01 feels more like FM07, whereas 8.00 was very different.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigdunk:

08s isn't as balanced as 07s was, although 08 has still got a patch to go, compared to the number 07 had. But 08s match engine is generally a lot better. There is much more variation in the play and (best of all, as far as I am concerned) bad players/teams play a lot more realistically badly (if that makes sense). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen.

Now I'm used to it the 08 engine is reasonable. The only things that annoy is when an attacker runs at your defence and then they part as if its Moses running through. Near post headers from corners are also a bit dodgy. But overall its ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nezimhalilovic:

moses? who does he play for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Israel. Been capped a number of times and will probably lead them to the promised land of World Cup 2010.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hazzydeepy:

well i can see ur offline so i think if i am right u were calling me stupid well i am in top set for everything and among the smartest people in the whole year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yet you seem not to have heard of punctuation.

Archived