finance concerns

ok well im in my 3rd season with sunderland, the previous season i won the league so the board offered me 60 mil to mount a title challenge, i spent the 60 mil and looked at the clubs balance which is -25 mil in the red, i have never been in this much debt before, will i be able to clear this by the end of the season taking into account all the champions league and tv revenue??? what happens when you go in the red do you get charged interest??

think they base it what you did last year and expect the same or even better this year. Alot of clubs have overdrafts so dont know if thats how the game looks at it.

Even if you are in the red you still have the players with are pretty much classed as an asset and can be sold to get back into the black.

Maybe they thought the manager would be a bit more responsible?

dont be talking out of the side of your neck at me boy! so spending the money the board give you is irresponsible? if you give any manager in the world 60 mil to spend 9 times out of 10 they will spank it all so stfu and get off my thread

why do the board offer all this money to spend if the club cant afford it? unrealistic if you ask me.

Not at all. Again, if you win, you'll be in the black. Might even turn a bit of profit, but probably not.

Relax, and put in a good season. No need to troll.

dont be talking out of the side of your neck at me boy! so spending the money the board give you is irresponsible? if you give any manager in the world 60 mil to spend 9 times out of 10 they will spank it all so stfu and get off my thread

To be honest mate, it was irresponsible of you.

If you had £600 in your own bank account and that new 30" Plasma TV you wanted was £600, would you splash it all on the TV and then get angry because you couldnt pay your bills? Or would you get something cheaper with money left to spare?

Burying your head in the sand because the AI has given you X amount to spend on transfers and X amount for a wage budget and hoping everything will be OK simply doesn't work. Football Manager finances are very similar to real life scenarios.

Anyways i'll try and offer some advice:

Short of selling a player, you'll more than likely keep losing money and move further into debt. If you're approaching the summer, you might be safe with the Season Ticket money coming in and end of season TV money and league finishing places. Try arranging some summer friendly leagues against top opposition, a couple of those will net around £5-6million for Sunderland.

If you want to maintain a healthy financial state, then its important to keep on top of your wages, anything over £900k a week is unreasonable for Sunderland and isn't sustainable on their current attendance and ticket prices. Your wages should ideally be covered by Gate Receipts + Merchandise and then any difference covered by TV Revenue. That leaves any Prize Money and Season Ticket money used for transfers.

To be honest mate, it was irresponsible of you.

If you had £600 in your own bank account and that new 30" Plasma TV you wanted was £600, would you splash it all on the TV and then get angry because you couldnt pay your bills? Or would you get something cheaper with money left to spare?

Burying your head in the sand because the AI has given you X amount to spend on transfers and X amount for a wage budget and hoping everything will be OK simply doesn't work. Football Manager finances are very similar to real life scenarios.

Anyways i'll try and offer some advice:

Short of selling a player, you'll more than likely keep losing money and move further into debt. If you're approaching the summer, you might be safe with the Season Ticket money coming in and end of season TV money and league finishing places. Try arranging some summer friendly leagues against top opposition, a couple of those will net around £5-6million for Sunderland.

If you want to maintain a healthy financial state, then its important to keep on top of your wages, anything over £900k a week is unreasonable for Sunderland and isn't sustainable on their current attendance and ticket prices. Your wages should ideally be covered by Gate Receipts + Merchandise and then any difference covered by TV Revenue. That leaves any Prize Money and Season Ticket money used for transfers.

cheers mate this has by far been the most helpful reply.

the thing is im in feburary and the debt has actually gone down 3 mil, and the board have not shown any sort of concern over the debt, im 1st in the league and still in the champions league so im hoping a high finish in the league and hopefully get to the latter stages of the champions league will clear this debt, needless to say i will not tlet this happen again will keep budgets in tune with the clubs balance from now on.

Archived