How much money is needed for a low team to build a new stadium?

I know play with Solihull Moors. I started from Conference North with the club estimated value of about 20k. I promoted to conference after 3 seasons and 2 seasons later I'm in League 2 now.

Media predicted me 24th position but after 13 games I very surprisingly find me in a 1st position 4 point of 2nd place. The problem is that I hit the stadium capacity limit of 3k, it can't be extended and so the team can't progress any further.

When I was in conference I seriously considered an offer from Russian Premier league but turned it down cos the team was from Chechnya and so had appaling training and youth facilities. Now I really want to continue for many more years with Solihull Moors and the stadium is the stumbling block now.

So if anyone has some expirience with such problem how much chances are there that a new stadium will be built(I don't need a huge one, 10k will do nicely) and how much money should I have in the bank for a board to consider such idea. I have only £480k now.

You may not have an expansion until you reach the PL. Best advice would be to keep saving money and bring in free transfers and sell them on. Hope it helps.

Are you filling the stadium week in week out?

Since I moved up to League 2 yes, I get more than 90% of the stadium filled for all league games.

You may not have an expansion until you reach the PL. Best advice would be to keep saving money and bring in free transfers and sell them on. Hope it helps.

Transfers are not a problem, I spend about 20-40k per year and get from sales about the same. The wages are the problem though. Players who were happy to earn 200-300 now become unhappy and want 800-1000. I had to sell many squad players but still got 1k over the wage limit because of those new contracts I have to offer to players to keep them happy.

As I said the team now is at it's limit until the new stadium is built. I can barely cover League 2 wage demands from stadium income, I won't be able to play even in League 1 without losing money. Even Championship is crazy to think about.

That's why I created this topic. If about 5m is needed than I can try to earn that sum by playing in League 2 and trying to lower the expenses. If something like 20m is needed than there is no chance I can get that.

How long have you been in league 2? If its not long, try to consolidate. The increased money over seasons will eventually boost your balance.

FWIW, im playing with Gateshead ATM. The big attraction was they already have a 11,000 all seater stadium which servers well throughout the leagues (im currently in the championship)

Welcome to LLM!

Unfortunately, wages are what lead to a financial downfall, both in FM, and in reality...I experienced a similar thing with Bishop's Stortford:

Having gotten promoted to the CCC, I was still unable to expand the stadium, despite selling out every season ticket, and full capacity each game. As a result, I was unable to bring in enough money through gate receipts, and with wages necessarily increasing due to a rise in stature, player sales and bringing up youth through the academy were the only things that would help balance the books. Best bet is to either stick it out, sell off your higher-earners for enough money to boost your finances, and replace them with players with potential from lower divisions that would play for less/youth academy players, or keep going with your current squad, in the hopes that promotion to CC League 1 (and possibly higher) will lead to the board taking out a loan for a new stadium (statistically unlikely).

Worst comes to worst, you can always resign and go for another club, but trust me, I know how hard that is to do after having built up an attachment to your squad over the seasons.

Good luck, hope everything works out!

It's my first season there. I think I'll be in positive balance in the seasons budget, I hope it'll be about +500k per season. But it will be impossible in any higher league.

The increased money over seasons will eventually boost your balance.

That's why I want to know how much money is needed. I can think about playing for 10 more seasons until I have 5m but if it's 20m what is needed than I'm not going to wait 40 seasons :D

Another thing I think about is using a real time editor and build a new stadium with putting a loan to my club manually(I'm not sure if it's possible to place loans in this editor as I never used it).

Thanks Cemthetriton for your great reply. Selling players for any considerable amount of money is not an option in League 2. My youth and training facilities are just basic :) and the board says there is not enough money. So I guess I need to play for about 50 more seasons to get a reasonable stadium and facilities :)

Worst comes to worst, you can always resign and go for another club, but trust me, I know how hard that is to do after having built up an attachment to your squad over the seasons.

That is truth and my problem now. But if the future is so gloom I think I may try to get a job in Russian premier league.

EDIT. I just now thought about this and I think that I haven't ever changed the club I play for for over 10 years I play CM/FM. But you have to start something sooner or later :)

Welldone for doing good so far :). Hopfully you will kep playing well and you will be able to get promoted and stay in league 1, so your balance will b a littl bettr than leagu 2!

i had the same problem with the finances and the stadium untill my team Oxford Utd was bought in 7th season by a rich buisnessman...till then i was finding young talents, developing them and after 1-2 season selling them for millions...

Thanks for all your replies. I think I'll stay at this team for at least 5 years and will look at what will happen.

I'm not sure though about trying to win a promotion to League 1. From one hand I may be able to sell players there and the ticket prices will get a tad higher. But on the other hand the wage demand would be crazy and will destroy me financially. So the best bet will be to get to L1 and play there for a season or two before being relegated ack to L2. Not sure if the board will keep me after relegation though :)

Thanks for all your replies. I think I'll stay at this team for at least 5 years and will look at what will happen.

I'm not sure though about trying to win a promotion to League 1. From one hand I may be able to sell players there and the ticket prices will get a tad higher. But on the other hand the wage demand would be crazy and will destroy me financially. So the best bet will be to get to L1 and play there for a season or two before being relegated ack to L2. Not sure if the board will keep me after relegation though :)

One tip, and im sure you already know it but, never pay signing on fees. Oh and dont be afraid to ship out favoured players. One more, friendlies against big teams are a great source of revenue.

• 2 weeks later...

Get in. You jsut can't believe how happy I am now.

Will just post in pictures.

My stadium from the start in Conference North has 3040 capacity and my average season attendance in league games is 3010, the lowest in my league.

By the end of the season I will have about -300k season loss. That's about the amount I spent this season on transfers. But as I have the poorest youth facilities I need to buy players to stay in League 1(yes, I promoted to League 1 and now finishing my first season there on 9th position since I started this thread). And as my playes now want to earn even more than they do now there was absolutely no chance to earn 500k-1m a season so to have money in distinct future to build a new stadium.

But comes the end of the 1st season in League 1 and I get this message:

32450054.jpg

My stadium info screen:

54919071.jpg

And my finance screen where you can see the loan:

65686579.jpg

Anyone with any knowledge of maths will understand that 110k/month for 15 years is not 9.5m but twice as much. And another problem is that the loan is 9.5m but the stadium cost is 13.75. Where will the board get another needed 4m?

But a great bonus is that I got a nice stadium sponsorship deal :)

Now the biggest problem will be to survive for one more season. I'll have about 500k-1m in red after that season but after that I hope to make regular profits from my new stadium.

Nice going outlander. You're giving me hope that when I finish my current League 1 season with Farsley Celtic (particularly if we get promoted to CCC which is very possible), then the board will build a new stadium to replace our creaking 3900-capacity one!

Looks like it will create a bit of a problem balancing the books while in the lower leagues as the stadium is being paid off, but if you can go up the Leagues it will pay for itself and you can take the club forward :)

Anyone with any knowledge of maths will understand that 110k/month for 15 years is not 9.5m but twice as much. And another problem is that the loan is 9.5m but the stadium cost is 13.75. Where will the board get another needed 4m?

Well.. 11k/month for 15 years IS 9.5m + interests :p

As for the 4m+, either their hoping you'll get that in a season, or they'll make up for it in some devious way :D

you dont need any money for it unless your in the red then it might be a problem.

you dont need any money cause the board will take out a loan for the stadium. but they will only build a new stadium if they deem it nessesary

But a great bonus is that I got a nice stadium sponsorship deal :)

Now the biggest problem will be to survive for one more season. I'll have about 500k-1m in red after that season but after that I hope to make regular profits from my new stadium.

Congratulations on the new stadium!

I think the extra £4m comes from part of the stadium sponsorship on your finance screen

Congratulations on the new stadium!

I think the extra £4m comes from part of the stadium sponsorship on your finance screen

Yep, I've got 4m in grants tab in finances. Though I'm sure that the stadium sponsorship contract which is written in finances screen is another thing. As I got 270k separetely and hope I'l bee getting it for next 25 years :)

So those 4m is either a present from the board or FA or something else but I'd take it :)

Well.. 11k/month for 15 years IS 9.5m + interests :p

Yeah, that's pretty logical, agree with it.

Thanks SI for finally implimenting this feature :thup:

I am playing in the Championship with Dorchester (after 4 consecutive promotions :) )

in a 'stadium' with around 5k capacity, with around 1k seated...

So, I basically get no money from gate reciepts, and by the end of the season will have used all prize money/TV Rev. on player wages, so apart from having no transfer budget once again next season, I have no way of paying for a new, or expanded stadium to solve the issue.

Any recommendations for raising some funds???

or will I just have to wait for the board to take a loan?

and should I push for promotion; will there be a large enough pot of gold waiting for me in the Premiership?

and should I push for promotion; will there be a large enough pot of gold waiting for me in the Premiership?

Definitely, the amount of money you get is immense.

In my first year in the PL I put the club £11m in debt in the first transfer window, without selling anyone by the end of the season we were £10m in profit, and that was with a small stadium.

The board have just decided to expand my stadium!

by 1000 seats...

Well, I suppose every little bit counts.

Thanks for your advice - 10 mil would be amazing!

Also, does the location of your club, and its ability to supply a fanbase taken into account?

eg. Dorchester, as opposed to a club in London. Or, as long as I win, they will come? :p

Archived