System Requirements for All Leagues, Large database and all players loaded.

Well I seemed to have summed it up in the title.

What would the system requirements be to load up the "works?"

I did a search but could find nothing on this topic when it comes to Football Mananger 2008.

Anyone have an idea, or maybe an estimation for me?

I did a search but could find nothing on this topic when it comes to Football Mananger 2008.

Anyone have an idea, or maybe an estimation for me?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Danny!!:

Anyone have an idea, or maybe an estimation for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A top of the range domestic computer could possibly start the game but it would be painfully slow while processing and your save game woul;d be enormous. Is this a theoretical question or one that you are actually considering- if so, why?

My laptop is old and decrepit. Upped to 1.28GB RAM, but it struggles to run three leagues. Even on one league, it can take 20 mins to run through two lots of U21 internationals plus the senior squads.

Am on the verge of buying a new dual core baby with 2GB. I here they are the dog's footballs.

Well if we assume the processing power doubles every year (it doesnt really but its easier this way) it should take around 5 years for you to be able to buy a computer that is able to run all of the leagues in a playable way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

My laptop is old and decrepit. Upped to 1.28GB RAM, but it struggles to run three leagues. Even on one league, it can take 20 mins to run through two lots of U21 internationals plus the senior squads.

Am on the verge of buying a new dual core baby with 2GB. I here they are the dog's footballs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am running it on an AMD4400 2.2ghz with 2gb of ram and it is still slow running 1 division from spain, italy, croatia and russia .

Maybe there are some coding issues on the engine considering the fact that i play X3-reunion on full detail with TV like performance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Themistofelis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Am on the verge of buying a new dual core baby with 2GB. I here they are the dog's footballs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am running it on an AMD4400 2.2ghz with 2gb of ram and it is still slow running 1 division from spain, italy, croatia and russia .

Maybe there are some coding issues on the engine considering the fact that i play X3-reunion on full detail with TV like performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Presumablby, you have a graphics card with it's own processor to help with all those 3D calculations. FM has no need of that processor, and doesn't use it.

I know my nVidia 8600 can whip through Crysis at high resolution and medium graphics, but my 3.4 H/T main processor and 2mb RAM can take, two or three times a game year, 15 minutes for a Continue. I'm playing 79 leagues in 42 countries.

So it also depends on your definition of the word "slow." What's "slow" for you may not be "slow" at all to me ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Themistofelis:

Maybe there are some coding issues on the engine considering the fact that i play X3-reunion on full detail with TV like performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Presumablby, you have a graphics card with it's own processor to help with all those 3D calculations. FM has no need of that processor, and doesn't use it.

I know my nVidia 8600 can whip through Crysis at high resolution and medium graphics, but my 3.4 H/T main processor and 2mb RAM can take, two or three times a game year, 15 minutes for a Continue. I'm playing 79 leagues in 42 countries.

So it also depends on your definition of the word "slow." What's "slow" for you may not be "slow" at all to me ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a quick question - surely you dont play the game in that detail knowing it takes 15 minutes per continue?

I most surely do ... but it doesn't take 15 minutes every Continue. Just a couple times a year -- year-end (31 Dec -> Jan 1), season start. The start of the summer transfer window takes a while, too ...

My average Continue lasts anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds, but can take up to a couple minutes. I had one finish while I was typing this ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

I most surely do ... but it doesn't take 15 minutes every Continue. Just a couple times a year -- year-end (31 Dec -> Jan 1), season start. The start of the summer transfer window takes a while, too ...

My average Continue lasts anywhere from 15 to 30 seconds, but can take up to a couple minutes. I had one finish while I was typing this ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. I think we'd all play more leagues if our machines have the capability to do so.

Myself, I'm running full english leagues at the moment with top division in Germany and Spain.

I have switched to full matches though as I'm a firm believer in seeing exactly how my tactics develop with the miniscular changes I make

I'd suggest the following for everything maxed:

Core 2 Duo E6600 (or better)

2GB 800/1066MHZ DDR2 (Cas 4 for 800 & Cas 5 for 1066) 4GB for Vista

Seagate 7200.11 (32MB Cache) or Western Digital Raptor 74/150GB or RAID 0 7,200RPM/10,000RPM Drives

Quad Core isn't going to make the game any faster than Dual Core until they optimise the threading for 4 cores. All DX9 graphics cards are more than capable of running FM08 as it is not graphically intensive.

Presumablby, you have a graphics card with it's own processor to help with all those 3D calculations. FM has no need of that processor, and doesn't use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i do but X3 moves +10.000 objects every second ,adjust prices in +10.000 stations and adjust amount+prices of raw& industrial materials plus a hell of other things ... i am not talking about things you see ( that rely on the 3d card) but about things you don't see ( and those rely on the CPU).

I strongly believe that FM can run 20 times faster .

I know for sure i don't have have the best computer and i could run 12-15 leagues smoothly... by that i mean i would not notice big delays for at least the first 3 or so hours I play. After that, it gets slow and I have to save and quit the game, so I have to restart the computer and reload the game ( I wait for like 10 or so minutes for everything to cool down)..... then everything is up to speed for another 3 hours or so.

but i usually have one session a day that lasts between 1 to 2 hours so I don't do that often.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Quad Core isn't going to make the game any faster than Dual Core until they optimise the threading for 4 cores </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It already uses all 4 cores at the moment I think icon_smile.gif

Just bought a Dual 2 Core. My God!! icon_eek.gif

The difference is staggering. 2GB RAM, 2mb cache, Dual 2 Core, and running four leagues (England, France, Italy, Spain) with several countries' players loaded. With my 1.28GB Intel Celeron an international day would take a good 10mins to process. Now... 30 secs max.

I cannot recommend the new spec enough. £429 Advent from Currys or PC World.

I might even use it for things other than FM as well. icon_cool.gif

Well that blew things out of proportions...

I play with all leagues selected in England and the Australian A-League only.

My Computer is around 4 years old.

I only have 1.6 GHz processor

And something like 496 MB of RAM.

Thanks for all the answers, now I know it was pretty rediculous to ask this question with my computer!

One of the things i like this game most is because it has thought me the virtue of patience in last 10 years icon_smile.gif

my configuration is really ancient with 1.8 celeron and 512 mb of RAM and i still run

premier division

la liga

bundesliga

serie A

and french 1st division.

It might be slow, but as someone said, what's slow for you might be just fine with me. it's just like sex.

Just thought I'd try it out on my system.

For the techie's, I have a watercooled, dual core E6800 overclocked to 4ghz (500fsb x 8) with 4gig of ram (PC8500 running at 1100mhz), running Vista 64bit. My G/card is an 8800gtx (not that it makes any difference in a game as graphically undemanding as FM).

With everything selected as the thread title, it did take longer than normal, as expected; the most a continue took though was about 3-4 mins. This was only the first season though. If I get time, I may run through a couple more seasons.

I have a new quad core Q9450 on order, it will be interesting to see how it runs on that; once it's overclocked.

Presumablby, you have a graphics card with it's own processor to help with all those 3D calculations. FM has no need of that processor, and doesn't use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i do but X3 moves +10.000 objects every second ,adjust prices in +10.000 stations and adjust amount+prices of raw& industrial materials plus a hell of other things ... i am not talking about things you see ( that rely on the 3d card) but about things you don't see ( and those rely on the CPU).

I strongly believe that FM can run 20 times faster . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is it depends how they do all that?

Im an ardent X3 player and imo X3 doesnt run complex situation as prices are dictated by simple supply and not even demand (something Elite managed to do on a 48k Spectrum). If a location has an abundance of a product it sells low, if it doesnt it buys high.

X3 uses smoke and mirrors to appear more complex than it really is- do you really think the game is capable of having every single ship in the game as a persistent entity with its own AI? Seeing as the game is a few years old the game wouldve ground to a halt on the hardware it was originally designed for if that was true.

Even SI took a similar approach to FM as background games are processed in reduced detail and will also take clever shortcuts to speed up processing but make the simulation appear more complex than is really happening.

Now seeing as FM doesnt take shortcuts with vast majority of your game and X3 entire AI is built upon shortcuts its not too surprising that FM needs a lot of grunt.

If it didnt it wouldnt be anywhere near as complex as it currently is.

Archived