Past Experience /Automatic/ ?

Automatic is having no past football experience other than watching it and playing in the park lol

You can have:-

Automatic/Semi Proffesional footballer/proffesional footballer/international footballer

Also sometimes i can select Sunday league player, and others its not even on the list anyone know why?

you can change it to

-sunday league player

-automatic

-professional

-international

(i missed out on something but generally these are your choices, you change it when you add new manager where it states automatic click then a menu drops where you'll find these options)

I think automatic sets your reputation at the same level as the club you choose.

Almost, automatic sets your rep approx equal to the lowest playable league you choose I believe.

So if you only choose top level leagues in the set up your rep will be quite high but if you select lower leagues your rep will be quite low.

-sunday league player

-automatic

-professional

-international

Whats the difference?

Advantages and disadvantages?

-automatic - no advantage just more realistic

-professional - higher chance of getting jobs in the championship and lower

-international - premiership teams will hire you from the start

Almost, automatic sets your rep approx equal to the lowest playable league you choose I believe.

So if you only choose top level leagues in the set up your rep will be quite high but if you select lower leagues your rep will be quite low.

Ah that makes sense, because I have only started games in the loweest league I select, and my rep always seems about the same as the club. Thanks for clearing that up.

-sunday league player

-automatic

-professional

-international

Whats the difference?

Advantages and disadvantages?

The higher your reputation the more happy the players and fans will be with your appointment. Also you'll beable to attract better players to your club :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

On my last save I put my Past Experience as International (people can say blah blah blah this is cheating, but to be fair, most managers have proffesional/international experience, which to me makes giving yourself previous experience more realistic).

I noticed no player had problems motivating themselves for me, I didn't notice players being attracted to my club more than usual though.

• 5 years later...

Sounds funny if people (e.g. your board/fans) ask you about your past experience in-game:

Board: "So tell me, what was your level of football experience prior to applying for this job?"

You: "Well, I am an automatic."

Board: "............."

Archived