I want to start game in Jan.2008 after the 8.02 Patch

All of us waiting for the 8.02 patch. SI announced they will release it after the transfer window closes with new players. If it is possible I want to start the game with the second seasons.

We will have the new transfers and we will start the game at the beginning of the season. IMO it will be more realistic and more fun. I want to start my career with the same standings as it is now. It would be great in my IMO icon14.gif

All of us waiting for the 8.02 patch. SI announced they will release it after the transfer window closes with new players. If it is possible I want to start the game with the second seasons.

We will have the new transfers and we will start the game at the beginning of the season. IMO it will be more realistic and more fun. I want to start my career with the same standings as it is now. It would be great in my IMO icon14.gif

Where has this been announced?! icon_confused.gif

Not a bad idea but rediculous to implement. Si would need to collect all the data from the leagues in progress and allocate the teams the correct number of defeats, draws, victories and goal differences. Never going to happen...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pablo1986:

Not a bad idea but rediculous to implement. Si would need to collect all the data from the leagues in progress and allocate the teams the correct number of defeats, draws, victories and goal differences. Never going to happen... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would that take along time?

The league data is very easy it is on the internet. The harder part is the player data, but the goals and assists are on the internet as well. The average rating will be though, but it could be left blank. When you think that they will put so much energy for the patch, tweaking the fixture and stats are not that much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stutch:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pablo1986:

Not a bad idea but rediculous to implement. Si would need to collect all the data from the leagues in progress and allocate the teams the correct number of defeats, draws, victories and goal differences. Never going to happen... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For every league, not just the Prem icon14.gif

How would that take along time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can start in January 08. All you have to do is pick a league that doesn't run parallel to the FIFA season (eg. the League of Ireland). You should get three dates to start. January 07, July 07 and January 08. Only problem is that since the results are randomized, your team could be anywhere...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">All of us waiting for the 8.02 patch. SI announced they will release it after the transfer window closes with new players. If it is possible I want to start the game with the second seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where SI announced the 8.0.2 release date????

Luiz SI didn't announce exact release date, but they told that the new patch will be after the transfer window closes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Only problem is that since the results are randomized, your team could be anywhere... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know this, but it would be great if we can start the game with the same standings as in real life. We will have the real life-transfers, but the standings will be diferent or we will start from the beginning. The real life standings will be much more fun.

I've never seen SI announce that they are developing patch 8.02 and that it will be released after the transfer window.

Can anyone post a link from a topic that confirms this?

All I haave seen is SI confirm they are reviewing things which is much different...

if they do release 8.0.2 it will only have a data update to take into account the january transfers and fixes to any bug problems that still exist if we are likely as SI have done in previous years but i have not seen anything yet as to wether they are going to do this or not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by homerjnick:

I've never seen SI announce that they are developing patch 8.02 and that it will be released after the transfer window.

Can anyone post a link from a topic that confirms this?

All I haave seen is SI confirm they are reviewing things which is much different... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul C said the following on the thread about the shots to goals issue:

"The plan is for there to be an update including an updated match engine sometime after the next transfer window closes."

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The league data is very easy it is on the internet. The harder part is the player data, but the goals and assists are on the internet as well. The average rating will be though, but it could be left blank. When you think that they will put so much energy for the patch, tweaking the fixture and stats are not that much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is never going to happen. We can't just take things off the internet and put it in the game.

Heres what I always do when the second update arrives.

start new game as unemployed.

Go on holiday till window shuts in january.

First save the game as a Quickstart ie. England & Scotland Feb08.

Voila I have my quickstart for any new game I wish to play using those leagues.

Obviously all these tranfers & managers gettin sacked etc comes into play right at the beginning in july07, I wish the update would just make all the january transfer window changes future transfers in the database i.e. Barry Robson tranfer from Dundee Utd to Celtic on January 31st. so he can play for Dundee Utd in the first part of the season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Eagle:

tweaking the fixture and stats are not that much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let us know when you've done it all.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robzilla:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Eagle:

Let us know when you've done it all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For every competition in the game icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James.Clench:

Belarus might start in March 2008 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats correct. I often start in March 08.

icon_biggrin.gif

Just try to create a few new teams and some players in the editor, takes way longer then you might expected.

Then think about every league and matches played since the game came out!

I wouldn't start on it even if you paid me. icon_smile.gif

I do not really care much for this but what I would love is for the players who were transfered in January to remain with their original clubs at the beginning of the game and be set to 'Joining X in January'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ahmed.sg:

I do not really care much for this but what I would love is for the players who were transfered in January to remain with their original clubs at the beginning of the game and be set to 'Joining X in January'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this is the best solution. I can only think that there must be a good reason why SI haven't done it this way, as it seems the only logical way to do it.

Archived