Installing on Vista

I'm having problems installing FM 2008 on Windows Vista. At the end of the installation it says that "serious errors have occured during the installation" and when it runs its just a white screen. I've looked in the support forums and nothing is working and nobody is replying there!

Is anyone having the same problem or know how to fix this?

I'm having problems installing FM 2008 on Windows Vista. At the end of the installation it says that "serious errors have occured during the installation" and when it runs its just a white screen. I've looked in the support forums and nothing is working and nobody is replying there!

Is anyone having the same problem or know how to fix this?

Have you tried creating shortcut to Setup program on CD and trying to run it in compability mode?

If you right click on the shortcut you can select to run a certain program in XP copability mode.

I'm running FM on VISTA and I haven't had any problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mgoraf:

I un-installed it, will have to install it again. At the end though it says 'serious errors have occured, please check the installation log for detalis'.

Don't know what all that is about :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a vista thing...somepeople get it some dont, i got it and managed to get help from some SI guy, it turned out the game had actually installed fine...and you go into games to get icon to start up a game...

If it hasn't been mentioned already, I would suggest navigating to the cd drive you have the FM CD in and right-clicking the setup.exe file.

When the menu pops up, left-click the Run as administrator option.

Allow the program to run when Windows asks.

After this install the game as usual and see what happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scottnmcleod:

Hes not having problems installing its at the end of the installation...its a known vista problem for some users.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that is the case then okay but the message that comes up under those circumstances is usually "The installation of Football Manager 2008 is finished, but some errors occurred during installation. Please see the installation log for details."

The threadstarter used the phrase "serious errors have occured during the installation."

Due to this, I was assuming that the problem was different.

Run the 'setup' on the fm cd as 'the administrator', also install the latest java update from www.java.com, which might not make any difference .....but worth a try.

The only problem I have on Vista x64 is the data editor isn't working, which I don't know if it's a vista related problemn or not.

Still the same problem.

It says. The installation is complete but there has been serious errors..."

I've tried everything listed above and nothing is wroking. And when I go into 'games explorer' its not there.

Looked back through threads in the support forum and just posted me system info there so hopefully the mod will be able to help

Thanks for all your help though.

I'm having exactly the same problem its so frustrating!!! I posted a message about it happening but apppears to have been deleted? All i get is a white screen which when i move the cursor it shows that the start game menu is behind there but doesnt function. Please somebody help us it was sooooooom much easier on my old laptop without vista!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gazzamcg:

Run the 'setup' on the fm cd as 'the administrator', also install the latest java update from www.java.com, which might not make any difference .....but worth a try.

The only problem I have on Vista x64 is the data editor isn't working, which I don't know if it's a vista related problemn or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No,

I'm running game and editor on Vista Home Premium 32 and Vista Ultimate 64 and both are fine.

Not had any install issues either.

Installed as admin (same as anything else) and then dragged copy of icon from Game Explorer to desktop.

This install thing is either HDD related or Java related.

Either that or your OEM reseller has piled so much bloatware into a preinstalled machine that it's got some kind of conflict.

Ive got vista premium 32. would you suggest i reboot my laptop and restore to original settings then reinstall as admin? i updated my java and surely the graphics should be ok as i only purchased laptop yesterday. si team say send them your dxdiag but i don't know how to find this. thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I reinstalled as you said as 'admin' and for the first time if has said installation complete rather than with errors. It asked me during installation if i wanted to overwrite the file graphics.fmf and i said no this time. I'm sure i downloaded directx 9 yesterday but will try again. When i try to run the game the screen just goes white as described before.

• 10 years later...
  • FrazT locked this topic

Archived