How do you sign Bojan?

I've just taken over Liverpool in 2010, having managed Leeds to teh Uefa cup final (lost), the FA cup final (lost), and the League cup final (won!). Oh, and 10th in the league, first season back up. Whilst at Leeds I attracted Van der Vaart and Farfan on frees at the end of the season, but could not sign Bojan, despite the fact that he is out of contract at Barce and keeps turning down their offer.

Now at Liverpool, I thought the little scamp just want Champions League football, but he won't come here either.

At Leeds I could only offer up to 48k per week, but at Liverpool I tried 73k with a bunch of bonuses.

My theory is this:

Leeds = low profile, only got Uefa cup.

Liverpool = rival team?

What do I have to offer him? What wages are others paying?

Originally posted by backpackant:

I've just taken over Liverpool in 2010, having managed Leeds to teh Uefa cup final (lost), the FA cup final (lost), and the League cup final (won!). Oh, and 10th in the league, first season back up. Whilst at Leeds I attracted Van der Vaart and Farfan on frees at the end of the season, but could not sign Bojan, despite the fact that he is out of contract at Barce and keeps turning down their offer.

Now at Liverpool, I thought the little scamp just want Champions League football, but he won't come here either.

At Leeds I could only offer up to 48k per week, but at Liverpool I tried 73k with a bunch of bonuses.

My theory is this:

Liverpool = rival team?

Every month and a day, go to his Player Interaction panel, and praise him "In awe of his ability" (or similar).

Do not repeat the process within a month and a day, because he'll tell you he's heard it all before. i.e. Praise him on the 5th July, and then 6th August...

You will eventually become one of his favourite characters in the game, and he will be more likely to want to play for you.

Even when your manager name appears as one of his favourite characters, keep doing it, because he will like you more and more.

To check the last time you praised him (so you don't mess it up by praising him too soon after the last time), go to his History panel, and look at Media.

Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

My theory is this:

Liverpool = rival team?

Every month and a day, go to his Player Interaction panel, and praise him "In awe of his ability" (or similar).

Do not repeat the process within a month and a day, because he'll tell you he's heard it all before. i.e. Praise him on the 5th July, and then 6th August...

You will eventually become one of his favourite characters in the game, and he will be more likely to want to play for you.

Even when your manager name appears as one of his favourite characters, keep doing it, because he will like you more and more.

To check the last time you praised him (so you don't mess it up by praising him too soon after the last time), go to his History panel, and look at Media. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I managed to get Dos Santos by prasing his ability the same way The Gaffovski , all you have to do is set reminders every month and one day. It'll take quite some time if you are Leeds , but i'm pretty sure he'll come icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ben James Smith:

i got him and dos santos for west ham in the third seqason and id only finished 5th and 5th again in the league i praised them both a couple of times and then they signed but i wasnt a favoured personnel for either of them. strange eh

Was surprised you managed to get Dos Santos on a free for West Ham. In our online game, Dos Santos has been out of contract for almost a season and will not even consider offers from Valencia, Depo and Zaragoza (3 Human teams). Barca are manged by the AI, go figure. Similar with Bojan, though he did sign a contract eventually, but spent 6 months on a month to month!

Loyalty to the club is my theory!

That just makes me wonder.... How much value is given to the financial offers?

to think about it, not as much as the status of the club in terms of their performace... but then again, like Dunga99 an dothers have said.. that does not even matter either...

what counts in signing a player like Bojan who is clearly unhappy at his current club?

Originally posted by Old Git:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Who's Bojan?

One of the most up and coming players in Barcelona, if not world football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gosh. He certainly slipped under my radar. I've not heard of him before. What's his nationality? Bojan is a name you generally expect to be from one of the Balkan countries, I think.

I started as Liverpool. I tried to sign Bojan initially on loan, but was knocked back. Kept trying through 2007/08 but no dice.

So I switched tack and tried to sign his dad Bojan Krkic (Barcelona scout) as a scout. He's on serious money but has good scouting stats.

Initially no luck but, as is usually the case, clubs don't bother to offer staff new contracts until very late on. So by 2009 (I'd won some stuff by then so presumably club reputation had gone up) I managed to sign him as a scout.

Then I added to Bojan to shortlist and kept an eye. He got unsettled at Barca. I made an offer in summer 2009 and Barca turned me down, but Bojan refused a new contract... on 1 Jan 2010 I signed him on a free.

Bargain.

i got bojan on loan in my first season with man utd ( just so i could say i had managed bojan!). his stats wernt exactly up to par with rooney or tevez but i brung him in the 70th minute against norwich in the league cup. won 4-0! 3 goals for bojan. i was amazed. decided to play him against boro in the league. another hatrick. i tried buying him at the end of the season. of course he wouldnt exept any contract i offered. ended up buying another prodigy by the name of pato! cost me £19m. money well spent 34 goals in 37 games!

Archived