Weird theo walcott attributes. please help.

ok i've just started a new fm09 game. i have selected the usual countries (england spain italy holland france germany brazil angentina etc etc) loaded their top leagues except england(all league) spain and italy i loaded top two leagues. and i loaded players froma bunch of random countries.

ok here is the weird thing i noticed that walcott's attributes are weird and wrong. he has 9 for passing 12 for technique crossing dribbling finishing and f.touch are all 12 or under! his mental atts are all lower the only ones that seem normal are his physical atts. i restarted the game and once again it's the same atts. im starting to not trust other players atts too. does everyone have fabregas on 18 passing? and iniesta on 18 passing? seems low....

Walcott's technical attributes are so average because 19 Pace and Acceleration takes up a very large amount of PA. Very few Explosive players are good technically in the game. See Aaron Lennon for example.

thing is i did a search online. and walcott's passing should be 15 on fm09. dribbling crossing and first touch etc are 14/15. i mean how can a walcott a midfield player have 9 passing whilst djourou, sagna and silvestre all defenders and have 14/13/12 passing?

In my game his dribbling crossing and first touch are 13, 14 and 13. His passing is 11. He may have been injured in your game so his stats may have gone down slightly. His mental stats are also very average in my game.

see i don't think that's it. i just started a brand new fresh game. fresh everything. i haven't even moved a single day. so all players attributes should be the same. no change. i just don't get hw defenders in the arsenal squad have 12+ passing stat and walcott has 9. it's very weird.

I would agree with you, Walcott is a little underrated on this game. He's not a fantastic crosser as it is, but his low passing statistic is wrong IMO.

I wonder often whether or not he's good enough for my Arsenal team - his physical stats are very good, but mentally and technically he's not all that great tbh.

No his technical stats are always quite poor. The reason for this is that his pace his so high, a player can only have a certain number in total in attributes, this depends on there CA. The higher there CA the bigger the total can be :thup:

No his technical stats are always quite poor. The reason for this is that his pace his so high, a player can only have a certain number in total in attributes, this depends on there CA. The higher there CA the bigger the total can be :thup:

hm how strange. so everyone that started a new game on fm 09 has walcott with v v low tech stats..i mean passing at 9 etc?

if this is the case then its strange how djourou can pass better than walcott haha :eek:

Yes it happens to everyone. But since his PA is quite high his stats will obvoiusly get better because of reasons I stated in my last post. He may end up having 14 in passing in 3 years for you :thup:

wow thats still pretty low haha. ah well cool. his pace will be useful nevertheless. how do you find out the PA apart from checking out the database editor?

Firstly, 18 passing is not necessarily worse than 20 passing. Alot of attributes effect how the player passes and performs mid-game so you shouldn't take a linear view on attribute allocation.

It's 2018 on my game, and here are Walcotts developed stats:

Crossing: 15

Passing: 12

Composure: 17

Anticipation: 16

Dribbling: 17

Acceleration/Pace: 19

Agility/Natural Fitness: 18

Stamina: 17

Finishing/First Touch/Flair: 14

So basically, he's a really explosive, athletic player that can burst into decent positions, can play wide right or up front, moves into channels and goalscoring positions, can finish when given an opportunity and his stamina and naturally gifted aerobics means he can be a threat all game.

I'd have him in my top two or three "wanted players" on the right-wing in any game, as pace is a massively useful thing in FM09.

yep some players seem overrated with stats and others underrted, but i guess it can't be perfect. All that annoys me is 15 finishing for bendtner and Rooney when rooney has like 9-12% shots on target irl while other top strikers are usually above 15%.

Copied from Tubeys post, this is from my game:

It's 2017 on my game, and here are Walcotts developed stats:

Crossing: 16

Passing: 16

Composure: 18

Anticipation: 17

Dribbling: 16

Acceleration: 19

Pace: 20

Agility: 17

Natural Fitness: 18

Stamina: 17

Finishing: 15

First Touch: 16

Flair: 14

Similar attributes but he's improved his passing a lot more in my game and an extra 'point' in his pace, he's still at Arsenal and worth £27.5m for what it's worth. I don't think I'll be able to buy him though as I'm currently at Spurs. ;)

Archived