What is the deal???

Ok this is a problem i seem to be having alot in 09 and i just dont seem know the answers, can anyone shead any light.

Im playing Man U (for the first time i normally choose Boro) but im getting the same problems.

My players are all Superb and Very Good in Morale. Some of the bigger players list me in their favourite staff. My assistant thinks the players have an extremly stong understanding together.

We storm the leauge for the first 20 matches, after that i cant buy a result, we just get hammered.

However im using tactics that others have had lots of success with even man u, i have great training staff. and most players have PR,s next to their name with good feedback. BTW i have tried in diffrent games to use varying team talks or just go with the AM.

I cant see a reason for why the team go downhill. I though it could be over confidence but the AM has not said a thing in his reports.

Im at a stop........

Hmmm seems possible marluff. Kinda makes it difficult to emulate real life when some teams go undefeated and its gonna be a big problem if it hits in the champions leauge.

DevonSpurs i understand where your coming from but ive only had the tactics for 20 games when it hits. I dont want to be changing tactics every 20 games, again that does not emulate real life.

Just tweak it a little Maybe you could focus passing in a different area, or... well, read the match. Are the problems defensive or attacking? Maybe you should push the full backs on more, maybe they should sit back. It might be worth using more or less time wasting.

I thought the mystical AI tactics crack had been officially disproven by SI devs?

I honestly don't think the AI does 'crack' tactics, if you play the exact same way every single week of course it will stand more chance of beating you cause it can counter your usual play style.

(by exact i mean literally identical in all departments)

But then who actually here plays identical tactics week in, week out regardless of your opponents?

How long does your bad form usually last? Almost every good team every will have at least a small dip in form somepoint during the season.

Well in my previous game with Boro it happened roughly the same amount of games into the season with diffrent tactics. I have heard many people on the boards saying they play the same tactics for up to three seasons without changing. In all honesty i dont make many tweaks as i just dont have time. FM is more a pick up and play thing with me, i play for a few days then leave it for a few weeks before returning to it.

Well in my previous game with Boro it happened roughly the same amount of games into the season with diffrent tactics. I have heard many people on the boards saying they play the same tactics for up to three seasons without changing. In all honesty i dont make many tweaks as i just dont have time. FM is more a pick up and play thing with me, i play for a few days then leave it for a few weeks before returning to it.

Generally I play the same tactics game in game out, with small positional changes made when needed. Most seasons I will have a dip in form at some point, even if some seasons it's only for 2/3 games.

Unusually enough, i took a two tiny pieces of info from this post and applied it to my game and i seem to be winning again. The change i have made is very minor though and should not be a game changer but hey who am i to moan.

Archived