Top 4 Situation

im not entirely sure whether this thread belongs here so i apoligize if it does not, but i am raising awareness of a change that needs to be made for fm10, i have noticed in several saves that the top 4 is regularly broken in the first season and 1 of the sides always ends up mid table which is highly un-realistic. i jus finished my first season and it finished like this: 1. man u

2. chelsea (me)

3. man city

4. everton

5. newcastle ( yh its on the 9.3 as well)

6. liverpool

7. arsenal

I don't mean this as a criticism, but people often don't realize how complex FM is. Being an incredibly complex simulation model means that you can't just say: "the top four should perform like in RL" because there isn't a knob called "Performance of top teams" that you can switch. Any changes in the ouptut of the simulation (i.e. results of different teams) are brought about by a multitude of interactions between the many components of the game (e.g. tactics, ME, transfers, training, chance, etc).

I don't mean this as a criticism, but people often don't realize how complex FM is. Being an incredibly complex simulation model means that you can't just say: "the top four should perform like in RL" because there isn't a knob called "Performance of top teams" that you can switch. Any changes in the ouptut of the simulation (i.e. results of different teams) are brought about by a multitude of interactions between the many components of the game (e.g. tactics, ME, transfers, training, chance, etc).

Well said dude :thup:

Archived