Improve Academy Products

Is it possible to improve academy products. I am manager of Manchester United and in 3 seasons I have not had a academy product who coach rating is 4 stars or more. Before I managed Man Utd I was manager of Celtic and I had at least one 4 start academy player come through the ranks each season. I like to apply a youth policy and so like to bring in players with good potential but I also would like this to happen through the academy so I can meet the Champions League criteria. So I was wondering, is there anyway of improving the players that are promoted from the youth Academy? Any help us appreciated.

In the situation you're in I do not think there is, as you already have the best facilities possible I assume.

It is pure luck besides getting those, I've only had 2 very talented players come out of my academy in the last 6 years and they came at the same year, it seems very random.

Think some claim it has something to do with your scout knowledge also, not ever seen this confirmed anywhere though.

Is it possible to improve academy products. I am manager of Manchester United and in 3 seasons I have not had a academy product who coach rating is 4 stars or more. Before I managed Man Utd I was manager of Celtic and I had at least one 4 start academy player come through the ranks each season. I like to apply a youth policy and so like to bring in players with good potential but I also would like this to happen through the academy so I can meet the Champions League criteria. So I was wondering, is there anyway of improving the players that are promoted from the youth Academy? Any help us appreciated.

It's a lot easier to get a 4 star player at a team like Celtic than at Man Utd, the stars are purely based on what your other players are like.

Striker X may have 4 stars compared to Vennegoor of Hesselink and Maloney at Celtic but only 2 with Berbatov and Rooney at Utd.

So the players you got at Celtic may only have been 2 stars at Man Utd.

It's not. Like Nebu said in his posts, apart from improving your 'youth' facilities which is about the only thing you can do and having coaches who are good judges of potential ability (to spot them not to 'create' them), you can't do much and it's all a bit random and luck from there. That's why your club might produce 3 top talents in one year and go 3-4 years without having any real potential superstars come through.

Club rep also has something to do with the quality of players you could get but at one like Man Utd, you already have a very high one.

Also, arsenal_2111 brings about a very important point. That's why the original poster has had supposedly less talented youngsters come out of his Man Utd academy than his Celtic one. Not that they've actually necessarily been inferior or had lower potential. It's compared to the rest of the team/division and who you're competing with and what you're competing for.

I have the best everything and Im struggling to get good youth that could ever go into my first team. Its annoying cause I want to start turning my side into Barca (eg. Having alot homegrown first teamers). I want them from my academy, too easy just buying them young and waiting for them to turn to homegrown. Guess I can just wait.

4 star player at man utd is still a leading premier league player. The star ratings are mostly useless so dont look at them. At lower leagues anything other than an all 7 star player squad wont get you anywhere near the top and in the premier league anyone with 5 stars is one of the best players in the world. Forget about seeing 6 or seven stars when you are one of the best clubs in the world.

I have the best everything and Im struggling to get good youth that could ever go into my first team. Its annoying cause I want to start turning my side into Barca (eg. Having alot homegrown first teamers). I want them from my academy, too easy just buying them young and waiting for them to turn to homegrown. Guess I can just wait.

ok first off you can have players eligable for the CL and they dont have to have come through your accadamy.

as long as they play for you for 3 years up till there 21st birthday...

i tend to buy the best 16 and 17 year old players around and just stick them in the youth system ,, 3 , 4 or 5 years later there ready for first team football and also available for the CL homegrown player rule.

although barca have the best youth system around at the moment the players like messi and bojan were brought over to spain at an early age played 5 years in the youth system and were classed as youth products.

messi was actually offerd to real madrid first but that was the galacticos era and the chairman didnt want to waste time and money on kids. (ow how wrong he was lol)

look at man u ronaldo and rooney both eligable for the CL roster even though they came through at different clubs.thats because they played 3 years for the club before there 21st birthdays, rooney qualified by only a couple of months

It's a lot easier to get a 4 star player at a team like Celtic than at Man Utd, the stars are purely based on what your other players are like.

Striker X may have 4 stars compared to Vennegoor of Hesselink and Maloney at Celtic but only 2 with Berbatov and Rooney at Utd.

So the players you got at Celtic may only have been 2 stars at Man Utd.

I have just realised that but the problem is that two of the youth players I had at Celtic are now playing for me in my Manchester United team and have a 4 star rating for potential ability and one plays for Newcastle and he has a 4 star potential ability according to ym scout. These players are being compared to the likes of Ronaldo and Modric so they must be good which kind of defeats your argument even though I do completely agree and understand you. But still you would think Man Utd youth academy would come out with a few players who would have the potential ability to be good Man Utd players.

Just as it is in any youth academy, it is also very much irl random at Man U. sometimes you get those excellent talents, often you do not.

Even at those big clubs IRL, if they get just ½-1 player per new group of players that maybe can make it on the 1st team it is very good. Many many many of them never do though and end in lower ranked clubs and furthermore many of those considered to be from a clubs youth academy are infact a product from other clubs/related academies etc.

09 is quite well rounded imo.

The Players have a set PA (potential ability from 1 to 200) when they are created in the game, all you can do as a manager is determine:

1. Will they reach that PA?

2. How quickly will they reach that PA?

The answer to both questions lies in:

1. The Clubs facilities.

2. The Coaches you employ. The 9.3 patch ensures only coaches with high Determination, Motivating and Discipline are rated highly. Whether this equates to rapid youth player progress is uncertain since nobody has really investigated it thoroughly.

3. The tutoring of the youth players by senior players to improve hidden mental attributes like Professionalism, Ambition etc.

4. Regular first-team football to bring along their ability.

Archived