+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fantasies?

Semi Pro

Default FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fantasies?

FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fanatsies?

Why has this thread been created?

Firstly, I am aware of the current Wishlist Thread. After a quick read through of some of the ideas in there it came to me. I realised that pretty much all of those 'wishes' are realistic for the near future of FM.

This thread has been setup by myself to hear your opinions on what you would like to see in FM in the distant future. This means that your ideas don't have to take into account what can be achieved today. An assumption will also be made that by the time your 'wish' is in operation we will all have PCs/laptops/MACs capable of handling anything thrown at them. Basically, don't be worried about the logistics of your ideas. Just let loose!

Where you come in.

As stated above, I want you to list anything you would love to be implemented into the game however bizarre or currently unachievable they may be.

Disclaimer

I expect there to be those of you who find this thread utterly pointless, and a waste of your time. For that I apologise. If you are one of those people then please just ignore this thread. Angry comments don't help anyone.

Thanks for your time, and I await to hear what you have to say!

Semi Pro

Default Re: FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fantasies?

To get the ball rolling:

The 3D match engine brought into this years FM is a big step up from that of the old 2D engine. In the distant future it would be brilliant if this had the same sor tof graphics as the FIFA games. The match experience would be as real as it could be, and in my opinion it owuld be brilliant.

I also think it would be great to implement a feature as to where we could have a 3D view of the stadiums under the 'stadium/facilities' tab. It's all well and good been told about certain aspects of your stadium, but being able to see it in full 360 degree 3D glory would be amazing.

Semi Pro
    Our integrity sells for so little, but it's all that we really have. It is the very last inch of us

Default Re: FM(Infinity) Wishlist: What Would You Like to See in Your Wildest FM Fantasies?

I'd like to see a 3d trophy room that you could 'walk' through that expands as you win things and would be a more tangible record of your achievements than just a list of managers with 'major' and 'minor' trophies won next to them.

Edit:- Clicking on an individual trophy would bring up the match stats. And there would be a separate room
    like a mini 3d cinema where you could go to watch the highlights from memorable matches.

Got another one. When you go to competition-history-past winners, when you click on the name of one of the teams, rather than it taking you to the teams squad page you'd be taken to an actual replay of the match highlights.
    Last edited by slipknot67; 26-05-2009 at 17:46.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot67 View Post
    I'd like to see a 3d trophy room that you could 'walk' through that expands as you win things and would be a more tangible record of your achievements than just a list of managers with 'major' and 'minor' trophies won next to them
    That would be good. Although mine wouldn't ever get very full

Amateur

Contextual gameplay, as opposed to the simple database-driven gameplay.

Example: players from the opposing team are 5-0 down, it's the 85th minute and they're still playing with "fire in their bellies"

Banned

Being able to buy and sell players.
    Being able to see players do skill.
    Being able to manage international teams and club teams at the same time e.g.Hiddink

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by the man View Post
    Being able to manage international teams and club teams at the same time e.g.Hiddink
    You can do those things

Amateur

I'd love to see FM becoming an ultra realistic real world simulation, and not a just football world simulation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brambi View Post
    You can do those things
    WHAT I never knew that

Banned

WHAT I never knew that
    Are you being serious?

Amateur

4D match engine.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golfpunk View Post
    Are you being serious?
    Yes. Why would you think I ament serious.

Banned

The fact that you didn't know you could 'buy and sell players'. How could you miss the fact that you could do that?

Banned

Sorry if I am not as smart as you.

Banned

It's not got anything to do with being smart.

Have you played the game? If so, I'm sure that you have received a bid from another club for one of your players. Yes? Have you ever accepted that bid and the player agree terms? If so, that is called 'selling' a player.

'Buying' a player would involve you looking at a player you are interested in and making an offer. If the club is happy with your bid and the player agrees with your terms then you will have successfully 'bought' a player.

Are you sure you haven't done this? ;)
    Last edited by golfpunk; 26-05-2009 at 18:47.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Clarke View Post
    4D match engine.
    HAhahahahaha

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LeoVieira View Post
    I'd love to see FM becoming an ultra realistic real world simulation, and not a just football world simulation.
    That would push it towards bening FIFA Manager, no? Not that FIFA Manager is 'ultra-realistic'.

Semi Pro

Interactive controllers such as Phil Brown headset for talking to myself.

On a more serious note, much more developed player and media personalities. So being able to read the sports columns everyday, players have full personalities with all this entails as in real life. More man management techniques to get the best out of each players.

Semi Pro
    I don't agree with that in the workplace.

I'd like to see a 3d trophy room that you could 'walk' through that expands as you win things and would be a more tangible record of your achievements than just a list of managers with 'major' and 'minor' trophies won next to them.

Edit:- Clicking on an individual trophy would bring up the match stats. And there would be a separate room
    like a mini 3d cinema where you could go to watch the highlights from memorable matches.

Got another one. When you go to competition-history-past winners, when you click on the name of one of the teams, rather than it taking you to the teams squad page you'd be taken to an actual replay of the match highlights.
    That sounds quality!!

A big no no to Fifa graphics as its been said it would turn into Fifa manager.

The 3D doesnt bother me as i use 2D.

Subs Bench
    Future events such as these will affect you in the future.

The ability to pause time so it's possible to play without ending up having no time to do anything else.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Interactive controllers such as Phil Brown headset for talking to myself.
    I'd love a FM headset. It could be used to bark orders at your players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hershie View Post
    The ability to pause time so it's possible to play without ending up having no time to do anything else.
    About as unachievable an idea as they come

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cockney Hammer View Post
    A big no no to Fifa graphics as its been said it would turn into Fifa manager.
    Having the same graphics as FIFA wouldn't make it into FIFA Manager. It might be better to say that I would like graphics which rival that of FIFA. The gameplay and every aspect of the game would still be FM of course.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomsmith1989 View Post
    That would push it towards bening FIFA Manager, no? Not that FIFA Manager is 'ultra-realistic'.
    Kinda. It would also include things such as "Man goes to mars" kind of stuff in the news section, among other useful informations.

Youth Team

It'd be cool if in the distant future you got bionic men playing, who zoomed around the pitch at twice the speed of the "norms". And also aliens with 10 arms for goalkeepers.

Or the option to try and chat up the players' wives, that would be hilarious - just imagine your star striker comes back from scoring a hattrick to win you the cup only to find you scoring with his wife in the dressing room!

The possibility for clubs to actually fold and have to restart in non-league when they go bankrupt.

The option to do a Howard Hughes and spend all your managerial earnings on chicken and leek pies whilst watching that Cup Final you nearly won but the one-legged opposition clogger of a centre-back thumped in a 35-yarder in injury time on repeat

The option to use your managerial earnings to buy a club and be the chairman/manager.

Press conferences where the tea-lady randomly comes in halfway through interrupting a really important statement

The option to ask the groundsman to mow rude words in the grass

The option to have a facegen of yourself as a manager rather than just a static picture like now, who frowns when you lose and you can watch him beat the referee up in a Tekken style grudgematch with outrageous moves and acrobatics

And I'm spent.

Amateur

Make every single league in the whole world playable.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Press conferences where the tea-lady randomly comes in halfway through interrupting a really important statement

The option to have a facegen of yourself as a manager rather than just a static picture like now, who frowns when you lose and you can watch him beat the referee up in a Tekken style grudgematch with outrageous moves and acrobatics

And I'm spent.
    Genius.

I'd like genuine artificial intelligence for media interaction. A match engine that simulates football perfectly. The option to tell your players to do whatever you want, without sliders, and they'll understand. Again, you'd need real artificial intelligence. The option to print off your managerial earnings.

A 3D ME with life-like graphics, including stadiums. Very unpredictable crowds. They'd make up chants, fitting in the players' names, like fans do IRL. Referees acting as they do. Kit changes. Scouting camps the world over, with world class talent guaranteed to come through them. AI goal celebrations. The ability to watch match of the day after each match day. Realistic training. Agents included realistically. News reports, again realistic and not just generated, including monthly magazines. The ability to talk to players.

I'm never going to be content with FM again

First Team Regular

To get onto the favoured personnel list and stay there.

Part-Timer
    Here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
    To get onto the favoured personnel list and stay there.
    Wildest FM fantasy

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Clarke View Post
    4D match engine.
    We already have that...

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    Genius.

I'd like genuine artificial intelligence for media interaction. A match engine that simulates football perfectly. The option to tell your players to do whatever you want, without sliders, and they'll understand. Again, you'd need real artificial intelligence. The option to print off your managerial earnings.

A 3D ME with life-like graphics, including stadiums. Very unpredictable crowds. They'd make up chants, fitting in the players' names, like fans do IRL. Referees acting as they do. Kit changes. Scouting camps the world over, with world class talent guaranteed to come through them. AI goal celebrations. The ability to watch match of the day after each match day. Realistic training. Agents included realistically. News reports, again realistic and not just generated, including monthly magazines. The ability to talk to players.

I'm never going to be content with FM again
    Brilliant ideas SCIAG. SOrry for making you become disillusioned with the game

I'd love to be able to tell the players exactly what I wanted them to be doing and for them to understand. That could revert back to my previous post about the FM headset. A nice one-to-one chat with a player in your office after a game, or to be able to actually tell your players what you think of them in the dressing room at half/full time.

Banned

WHAT I never knew that
    Either you are on your period or you haven't even read the manual. Buy and sell players, well you can do that, if you couldn't then FM would be about as expansive as Tetris. If you don't know how to do it, read the required section on the manual, it has everything.

Third Team

The ability to play the game with your mind, using some sort of thing that you put the suckers on your head, you think about what you want to do, and it sends it to the pc (connected by something to the pc/laptop/whatever it is around then) and it does what you want it to.

The ability to jump into the game on matchdays, and sit in the dugout.

Youth Team

Brilliant ideas SCIAG. SOrry for making you become disillusioned with the game

I'd love to be able to tell the players exactly what I wanted them to be doing and for them to understand. That could revert back to my previous post about the FM headset. A nice one-to-one chat with a player in your office after a game, or to be able to actually tell your players what you think of them in the dressing room at half/full time.
    Or to tell the player what you got up to with his woman last night ;)

Part-Timer
    Here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know

Get rid of loading Or swap the loading screen for something more interesting. Like a video, interesting football facts, a mini-game, anything.

Amateur

Simple really..... I'd like the FUN to be put back in.

Or how about a mock back page of some newspaper showing "United sign £45m Messi" or "Boro back in the big time" or "Woking apoint Mr.X as new manager", you get my drift. SI could even get "sponsorship" from well recognised national papers.
    Last edited by skingegg; 26-05-2009 at 22:07. Reason: coz i can.....

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by skingegg View Post
    Simple really..... I'd like the FUN to be put back in.

Or how about a mock back page of some newspaper showing "United sign £45m Messi" or "Boro back in the big time" or "Woking apoint Mr.X as new manager", you get my drift. SI could even get "sponsorship" from well recognised national papers.
    And they could make the headlines specific to each paper, for example:

In the Times:

"Ronaldo Refutes Real Claims"

In the Sun:

"EXCLUSIVE!!!!! RONALDO SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT REAL WHICH MEANS HE'S GOING THERE LOL!!!"

Or in the Guardian:

"Ex-Schoolteacher takes over and Barnet"

In the Daily Mail:

"IS THE NEW BARNET MANAGER A PAEDOPHILE?!"

Amateur

What about being able to appoint people to roles such as Commercial manager etc?

The better they are in such a role could affect how much money a club generates from merchandise etc

Reserves

Touchscreen technology FTW

MAtchday tactics, simply drag a player to the required position using nought but your finger.

Also use your finger to set runs, set piece instructions and such like.

All this clicking and mouse moving is in the past

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jld123 View Post
    Get rid of loading Or swap the loading screen for something more interesting. Like a video, interesting football facts, a mini-game, anything.
    That technology was implemented ages ago, so I think FM could do it. Anyone remember oneof the old Tekken games on the PS1? They had a kind of 'Space Invaders' mini-game during loading IIRC. It was brilliant.

Amateur

^^ You can already do it with a touch-screen monitor, without the nought ofc

Amateur

I would just like each player to be more individual. A player can have almost the same stats as another and play in the same position, but "play" in a completly different way. In the game I look for the player with the best stats in that psition, but in real life 2 players could be just as good as each other but be totaly different in the way they play/approach the game. One thing is dribbling, Berbatov is very good at dribbling but he does this at a slow speed or from a standing position (i.e a quick turn or change of direction with close control) but it doesn't mean he will run at full pace trying to go past people like Giggs. Different styles suit different teams, so I would like to chose maybe a less able player, with a certain style I need, rather than just the one with the best stats.

Amateur

I'd like to see more realistic crowd noise at games depending on what level you are managing at. The roar that the Sutton Utd supporters make at Gander Green Lane when their team has scored should be much less of a 'roar' than when say, Liverpool, score at Anfield.

Amateur

It'd be cool if in the distant future you got bionic men playing, who zoomed around the pitch at twice the speed of the "norms". And also aliens with 10 arms for goalkeepers.

Or the option to try and chat up the players' wives, that would be hilarious - just imagine your star striker comes back from scoring a hattrick to win you the cup only to find you scoring with his wife in the dressing room!

The possibility for clubs to actually fold and have to restart in non-league when they go bankrupt.

The option to do a Howard Hughes and spend all your managerial earnings on chicken and leek pies whilst watching that Cup Final you nearly won but the one-legged opposition clogger of a centre-back thumped in a 35-yarder in injury time on repeat

The option to use your managerial earnings to buy a club and be the chairman/manager.

And I'm spent.
    Legendary, lol.

Amateur

My best idea yet would be to somehow be able to go back in time and purchase a young star (at todays prices of course) and put him in your team. Imagine being able to have YOUR choice of THE best players EVER. But be careful and choose wisely as your rivals also get to pick!!

Who would you have?
    Pele, Cruyff, Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Romario, Maradona, van Basten, Bobby Charlton, Zico, Schmeichel etc.... you get my drift.

WHO WOULD BE IN YOUR BEST EVER TEAM?

Amateur

[QUOTE=skingegg;3271372]My best idea yet would be to somehow be able to go back in time and purchase a young star (at todays prices of course) and put him in your team. Imagine being able to have YOUR choice of THE best players EVER. But be careful and choose wisely as your rivals also get to pick!!

Who would you have?
    Pele, Cruyff, Matthaus, Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Romario, Maradona, van Basten, Bobby Charlton, Zico, Schmeichel etc.... you get my drift.

Schmeichel definatly and keane vieira in the middle would be unstoppable. zidane is the best player ever in my opinion would have to fit in somewhere

Anybody interested in "Scenario Mode"?

You get to play classic matches throughout history, no buying players, just the teamtalk and the tactics & selection. For example, one of the harder ones could be the 1999 Champions League final, where you take over as Man U manager with 10 minutes to go, 1-0 down against Munich. Or the classic Man U vs Spurs game where United were 3-1 down at half time, you know the drill.

Semi Pro

that wasn't a classic game, that was the big team falling on their arse and then coming back, cueing their fans to sing 2-0 (or 3-1 or even 4-2) nd ya fahrked it up. but yeah, maybe an entertaining loading screen game.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Team Franchise 2008 View Post
    Anybody interested in "Scenario Mode"?

You get to play classic matches throughout history, no buying players, just the teamtalk and the tactics & selection. For example, one of the harder ones could be the 1999 Champions League final, where you take over as Man U manager with 10 minutes to go, 1-0 down against Munich. Or the classic Man U vs Spurs game where United were 3-1 down at half time, you know the drill.
    That'd be an interesting addition, very much a side-game though.

As for all time best team, I'd go for:

GK: Lev Yashin
    DR: Cafu
    DL: Paolo Maldini
    DC: Franco Baresi
    DC: Bobby Moore
    MR: Lionel Messi
    ML: Diego Maradona
    MC: Johann Cruyff
    MC: Stanley Matthews
    FC: Pele
    FC: Marco Van Basten

Semi Pro

As this is for ideas that will probably never happen, how about the ability to match fix, for those who can't take losing big games? Slip a few grand to the referee before an important game, or to opposition players so that they just roll over for you. Of course, the downside would be that if you get caught the punishments are severe, and you probably wouldn't be allowed to manage again, or your team would get relegated, but the risk involved would make it fun ;)

Note: I wouldn't use this as I don't like to cheat, but it's an interesting idea And it would add realism, look at Pobeda of Macedonia, banned from European competition for 8 seasons for match fixing.

Amateur

What about offering players win bonuses for big games? This did happen on a previous football managing game (cant remember which). It happens IRL so why not in FM?

Subs Bench

That'd be an interesting addition, very much a side-game though.

As for all time best team, I'd go for:

GK: Lev Yashin
    DR: Cafu
    DL: Paolo Maldini
    DC: Franco Baresi
    DC: Bobby Moore
    MR: Lionel Messi
    ML: Diego Maradona
    MC: Johann Cruyff
    FC: Pele
    FC: Marco Van Basten
    No room for Ali Dia, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Sean Dundee or Thomas Brolin?

Youth Team

No room for Ali Dia, Eric Djemba-Djemba, Sean Dundee or Thomas Brolin?
    They're all on the bench ;)

Subs Bench

They're all on the bench ;)
    Where are Kleberson, William Prunier, Adi Akinbeyi, Francis Jeffers, Seth Johnson, Bernard Diomede and David Bellion then?

You haven't thought this through.

Youth Team

Where are Kleberson, William Prunier, Adi Akinbeyi, Francis Jeffers, Seth Johnson, Bernard Diomede and David Bellion then?

You haven't thought this through.
    damn, you're right!

Amateur

(1)I m a 2D man. this year's 2D version is the best ever without a doubt, however i do hope there's one improvement - the ability to show the HEIGHT of the players.

at the moment, because it's sky cam view, so it's flat 2D that we can't see how TALL, or how BIG a player is. personally i think it's a good idea to be able to check out the height of the players in match day situation and adjusting our tactic accordingly. is there any way to show the height of a player in the future?

(2) To be able to save the "GOAL" HIGHLIGHT ONLY to "view match". at the moment, we can save the GAME and watch it in the future. but in truth, i believe most gamers would be more interested to see the great goals their players scored in the future rather than the whole match.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by wingz47 View Post
    (2) To be able to save the "GOAL" HIGHLIGHT ONLY to "view match". at the moment, we can save the GAME and watch it in the future. but in truth, i believe most gamers would be more interested to see the great goals their players scored in the future rather than the whole match.
    Taking that a stage further, how about if we set FM up with your YouTube account, so you could export great goals straight to YouTube? That'd be awesome!

Amateur

Taking that a stage further, how about if we set FM up with your YouTube account, so you could export great goals straight to YouTube? That'd be awesome!

First Team

What a waste of talent ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingz47 View Post
    (1)I m a 2D man. this year's 2D version is the best ever without a doubt, however i do hope there's one improvement - the ability to show the HEIGHT of the players.

at the moment, because it's sky cam view, so it's flat 2D that we can't see how TALL, or how BIG a player is. personally i think it's a good idea to be able to check out the height of the players in match day situation and adjusting our tactic accordingly. is there any way to show the height of a player in the future?
    Run that pastme again. If you could see the height of players, it would be 3D.

Why would you adjust tactics based on "height" of players anyway? If you mean how useful they are in the air, we have the jumping attribute.

Oh, and this year's ME is nowhere near the best.

I'd love to be able to enter my bank account details so my wage can be paid straight into that.

Amateur

And I'm spent.
    You've stumbled on the next FIFA Manager Feature list?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by SCIAG View Post
    What a waste of talent ;)

Run that pastme again. If you could see the height of players, it would be 3D.

Why would you adjust tactics based on "height" of players anyway? If you mean how useful they are in the air, we have the jumping attribute.

Oh, and this year's ME is nowhere near the best.

It's called "wishlist".

I'd say

1. Graphical set piece editor. Drap and drop players where you want them for corners (and for various future exploits) ;)

2. Snail trail on a player 2d/3d screen. So I click on defender A, and I can see where he has run in the previous, say, 30seconds. You can see how well defender is marking, or striker is moving and so on.

3. Virtual reality match engine -pop head set on and see the match from pitchside.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego_Werderdona View Post
    I'd love to be able to enter my bank account details so my wage can be paid straight into that.
    very good

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MelbVictory View Post
    I'd say

1. Graphical set piece editor. Drap and drop players where you want them for corners (and for various future exploits) ;)

2. Snail trail on a player 2d/3d screen. So I click on defender A, and I can see where he has run in the previous, say, 30seconds. You can see how well defender is marking, or striker is moving and so on.

3. Virtual reality match engine -pop head set on and see the match from pitchside.
    Number one is something that would be amazing. I've got loads of ideas for corner routines and would love to see them in action.

Number two is another great idea. Surely that wouldn;t be too hard to implement? The old LMA games on the PS1 had a ball trail thing, so surely it's the same technology, no?

And three would be awesome too. I'm sure at some point in the future this will be the natural evolution of the game. I hope so.

Part-timer

I'd like to see something like The Guardian Chalkboard in the game that you can access historically for ever match played, not just the team you manage but EVERY single game that's simulated
    Absolutely perfect spot-on regens that has as sensible and logical attributes as the original players from DB...
    A fully comprehensive manual/"game guide" released by SI (even if you need to pay extra for it!), I'm talking 200+ pages...

Oh and also, some sort of printer that prints your in-game wages in legal currency for you to use in real life

Semi Pro

It seems the printing off of wages is a contsant theme throughout. I hope you're listening SI...

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

Quote Originally Posted by count blake View Post
    Either you are on your period or you haven't even read the manual. Buy and sell players, well you can do that, if you couldn't then FM would be about as expansive as Tetris. If you don't know how to do it, read the required section on the manual, it has everything.
    I think it's hilarious the way people have been suckered by obvious sarcasm... fair play, the man.

Anyway, photo-realistic 3D presentation of match and stadium on my holographic moniter, with dynamic crowds and analyists, and animated adboards where applicable. AI driven entities, with voice-recognition communications with all involved parties on the pitch, practice field, locker room, board room, press room (or anywhere else the press manages to corner you (like coming out of your home, hotel, or a pub)). Multiple press sources that actually publish on a periodic basis. Proper, realistic AI emulation of other managers.

Amateur

being able to conduct a training session in 2D when I like, putting the squad into different group and selecting options to the type of training each group will go through and seeing the action happening.

Third Team

The ability to say whatever you like in press conferences and the game will understand what you have said.

Part-timer

That is an insane dream, you basically want SI to develop the first artificial intelligence to pass the Turing Test

Semi Pro
    American + Reading fan = Always buying the away shirt ...

Quote Originally Posted by the--dud View Post
    That is an insane dream, you basically want SI to develop the first artificial intelligence to pass the Turing Test
    Not necessarily the first ever, just the first to be used in a sports management game...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by the--dud View Post
    I like to get ahead of myself.

First Team Regular
    Premier League Draft Champion x2, OTF Big Brother Winner

Quote Originally Posted by hursty2 View Post
    The ability to say whatever you like in press conferences and the game will understand what you have said.
    ALso, the ability to tell the players whatever you like and the game will understand what you have said

Amateur

My biggest dream for FM is still a way off and is not something likely to be developed by a games company. Most likely a software research university will develop it as a module which will be sold, like physics engines.

I want a true expressive text -> speech setup for match commentry. So we can still have the huge variety of commentary stored in editable text files for the game. So when it's read back as text to speech, every time the text re-occurs it will sound slightly different. Also the voice could have and immediate, short term, and long term enthusiasm (maybe one for each team and one for the match as a whole).

So an isolated inccident early on could have the voice quite normal, with a sudden burst of enthusiasm but dropping quickly back down (say, an early chance on goal). But then if there is sustained pressure after say 15 minutes, the voice would be more expressive and excited, only calming down after a consistent lull in the action.

This is obviously quite a few years away, but FM and audio books (which would have scripted emotion points in a text file; a bit like MIDI files) are the two greatest ways in which I'd appreciate this kind of expressive text-to-voice system.

Fantasy over.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Negatrev View Post
    My biggest dream for FM is still a way off and is not something likely to be developed by a games company. Most likely a software research university will develop it as a module which will be sold, like physics engines.

I want a true expressive text -> speech setup for match commentry. So we can still have the huge variety of commentary stored in editable text files for the game. So when it's read back as text to speech, every time the text re-occurs it will sound slightly different. Also the voice could have and immediate, short term, and long term enthusiasm (maybe one for each team and one for the match as a whole).

So an isolated inccident early on could have the voice quite normal, with a sudden burst of enthusiasm but dropping quickly back down (say, an early chance on goal). But then if there is sustained pressure after say 15 minutes, the voice would be more expressive and excited, only calming down after a consistent lull in the action.

This is obviously quite a few years away, but FM and audio books (which would have scripted emotion points in a text file; a bit like MIDI files) are the two greatest ways in which I'd appreciate this kind of expressive text-to-voice system.

Fantasy over.
    Just as long as they don't sound like Mark Lawrenson, that gets my vote

Semi Pro

Fantasy over.
    That would be good indeed. A well developed commentary system would go down well in my opinion.

Amateur

I would love too see some type of Neural Implant that future 'games' could be played through. Our own minds would fill in the smell, touch, taste parts of the 'dream state' where as FM itself would provide the data, match engine and A.I. The A.I would act as its real life counterparts would and The Match engine would encompass every single veriable and play as a real game of football.

Thats kind of far out but in the not to distant future I desperatly want to see a highly detail training system (with possible diet and lifestyle control over players?) and greater 1 to 1 interaction with players.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by cylenium View Post
    I would love too see some type of Neural Implant that future 'games' could be played through. Our own minds would fill in the smell, touch, taste parts of the 'dream state' where as FM itself would provide the data, match engine and A.I. The A.I would act as its real life counterparts would and The Match engine would encompass every single veriable and play as a real game of football.

Thats kind of far out but in the not to distant future I desperatly want to see a highly detail training system (with possible diet and lifestyle control over players?) and greater 1 to 1 interaction with players.
    TBH I really do not want to smell that locker-room at halftime. Not that I'd want to touch or taste anything in there either.

On a serious note, ever since Virtual Reality appeared too early for the technology available, it's mostly been avoided by hardware and software companies.
    I would like to have virtual reality coming back big time, but I can see a pitch side view making FM more difficult, as well as maybe a better experience. Still, before nueral implants I'd like t see the audio/visual/physical setup being redeveloped with more vigour again now. Currently I can only see pornographic companies (I'm serious here, they've pushed a lot of the online technology used in the last 5-10 years) producing anything ground-breaking in this field any-time soon.
    Finally I'm not sure if I could ever trust neural implants, since at a base level it's basically a computer 'WRITING' to your brain. I don't fancy having to defrag my frontal lobe after a power cut.

Youth Team

Finally I'm not sure if I could ever trust neural implants, since at a base level it's basically a computer 'WRITING' to your brain. I don't fancy having to defrag my frontal lobe after a power cut.
    When you put it like that, I think I'm avoiding any neural-computer linkups for life. Do you reckon your eyes would blue-screen?

Part-Timer

When you put it like that, I think I'm avoiding any neural-computer linkups for life. Do you reckon your eyes would blue-screen?
    What happens when you need to reseat the RAM?

Amateur

more from the personal life of the players and manager, stadium overview(like upgradind bars,parking,club facilities...)...something like EA Sports Manager...i think with theese things and the curen engine the game will be definitly the best football simulation in the world!!!

Amateur

Some kind of FM God that controls everything.He is a random person just,but a FM genius ;). He has access to all games,but you can have interactive conversations with him to plead to keep you as manager, citing that you are 'building for the future'.It is also him that decides managerial appointements and all,based on the history he can actually see you have done!

Amateur

Time for a Ctrl-Alt-'electro-shock lobotomy'.

Back on topic, I'd love to see extremely advanced scout reports, with highlight clip examples of the strengths and weaknesses listed.

Talking of highlights, it's by no means perfect yet, but in FML every goal scored has a rating so you can see the best goal scored by each player/team/league. I'd love to be able to view all goals scored by a certain team or player, it would maybe help you get a better idea of how a striker scores most of his goals. You could also have an overhead view for this, marking on a pitch where he's scored those goals from. You could also have something like this to tell more easily if that midfielder got 20 assists from great passes, or crossing a lot, or just from taking throw-ins for Stoke City.

That my idea spurge done for the day I think.

Amateur

TBH I really do not want to smell that locker-room at halftime. Not that I'd want to touch or taste anything in there either.
    Why ever not? The smell of wintergreen oil and sweat, a cheeky pat on the bum for the wonderkid who just scored his first goal and the taste of Fergusons 1986 Romanée-Conti after soundly thrashing his United side.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by artanus View Post
    more from the personal life of the players and manager, stadium overview(like upgradind bars,parking,club facilities...)...something like EA Sports Manager...i think with theese things and the curen engine the game will be definitly the best football simulation in the world!!!
    I think that would be too much a step towards FIFA Manager, and that's not something i'd want. I'd go as far as saying that FM is the best football simulation in the world. It goes into a huge amount of depth, and has lots of lots of wonderful features. I can't imagine there being anything better out there.

Part-Timer

ok everyones missed out.Pre match atmosphere needs a massive upgrade, so does post match!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by garethclem2003 View Post
    ok everyones missed out.Pre match atmosphere needs a massive upgrade, so does post match!
    Would you care to expand? What would you improve?

Part-Timer

Play your best teams from your careers in one-off friendlies against other human opposition via network, or even fun little tournaments you could create with a few friends. You can put those arguments to bed about who's team in their separate careers is the best

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by muncherdave View Post
    Play your best teams from your careers in one-off friendlies against other human opposition via network, or even fun little tournaments you could create with a few friends. You can put those arguments to bed about who's team in their separate careers is the best
    In the same sort of way it would be good to play your own best teams from different years against each other. For example, if you played far enough it would be good to play a team which say won the league in the current season against one of your other league winning sides from maybe a decade or two ago.

Part-Timer

sorry, i think like give a sky sports build up, go round the ground, experts opinion, half time , get experts to disect the game,post match get players to say good/bad points,

also id like dynamic,( dunno if dynamic is the word but it fits) football associations, with all the talk of a two tier premier league, would could happen say 10 years into the game the football association could announce a new tournament, or a new structure?

Semi Pro

The ability to create our own face in the same style as the regens when making a new manager. Saving said face would be a definite "must have" though!

It'd ideally work along a "choose sex, age, race, hair colour, weight" sort of wizard, then the good old fashion "which of these 9 is closest" to finally get to your end face.

We'd need it to output a .fs (facesave?) file we could take along with our tactics and trainings hwen formatting too, so it's not only saved on that one pc.

Part-Timer

In the same sort of way it would be good to play your own best teams from different years against each other. For example, if you played far enough it would be good to play a team which say won the league in the current season against one of your other league winning sides from maybe a decade or two ago.
    Yeah that did cross my mind, but when you only manage one side against an AI manager it's not really going to be a true test when they change tactics all the time or in a different manner to yourself, if they even use the same base tactics as you in the first place.

Amateur

I think one of the most important ones for long game players is dynamic leagues and nations, the ability to see the likes of Russia become a top world league from numerous factors, or Spain fall and become less reputable etc..

Part-Timer

FM20xx : Bugless

Quote Originally Posted by Diego_Werderdona View Post
    Basically, what I came in here to post.

When you move onto another club. More negotiation options. Like taking all your back room staff with you, and the club sorting that out as apposed to you having to offer them a contract and the money for compensation coming out of your transfer funds. The number of backroom staff, and the structure.

As well as the options of setting your pitch size, grass length and watering the pitch before games. Anal i know. But these things do make a big difference to how the 'real world' game is played. And also you could always leave it to your assistant manager.

The ability to appoint a director of football. I know its not to everyone's taste. But again a real and everyday occurrence in the game. And not only that for players who don't want to spend as long scouting and buying and selling players they could pass a lot on to the director of football.

Sports psychologists, dietitians.

More movement behind the scenes. Clubs appointing new chairman, chief executives, commercial directors. As the clubs (especially the smaller ones push up the divisions) progress in stature.

Take out the options of asking for a expanding the stadiums capacity. That is a decision made by the board never a manager.

The ability to put the entire playing squad up for sale. Plenty of managers have said it in the past. And there has been many a time i have spent an age going through the entire squad minus one or two to put them up for sale.

First Team Squad Member

what this future Einstein said

Semi Pro

Now that's funny... I see what you did there.

Simply put, you can, you can, and you can.

Third Team

A few crowd chants would be nice. Like when an away goalie is about to take a goal kick and the crowd behind the goal try to put him off. Or the crowd imitating an ambulance's "nee-naw" when a physio runs onto the pitch. And a few "you're not singing anymore"s would add to the atmosphere.

Maybe also some slips from players on rainy days when taking goal-kicks, penalties, etc.

Also the occasional streaker.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kenco View Post
    Also the occasional streaker.
    Haha. Can't believe that's not in the game already to be honest

+ Reply to Thread