FM Life span

Originally posted by mc-gunner:

how can you play a single game for that long?

i play around 6 seasons get bored and think of someone else to be so i am then

i am trying 2 find that 1 game where i can play for that long though.

You need to set yourself goals. I'm still playing the game I started on day 1, and I'm in 2033 now. I started at Ajax (my local team) and my goal was to win the league and the champs league. I did this (took me eight years) then I quit and took over Sevilla. Again, my goal was to win the league and champ league, which I did after about 4 years.

By this time it became obvious that my goal for this entire game should be to win the domestic league and champs league with a club from every european nation I had loaded, so that's what I'm doing. I had one aborted attempt to do it with a German team (Mainz) but they were really rubbish and I didn't want to spend 10 years making them good enough, so I quit after a year and took over Benfica, where I won the CL in my first season, but only finished 3rd in the league, so I still have to win that.

I have France, Italy, England, Germany and Belgium (!) left. I really think this will keep me going until FM09...

Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

I don't get holiday games.

It means you don't play as a manager. You just set up the game to run on holiday mode and watch how the AI develops your game world.

It's good for testing AI stuff, and in this case reporting on promotion/relegation matters in 2208!

I'm in 2045 on my game at the moment with no plans to stop that.

I only have 2 bug bears really.

1) My manager history has stopped updating properly - rather than Liverpool manager, it now thinks that I play for Feyenoord! (Guess that's a problem with the person GUID?)

2) Over time, the penalty-taking stat gets really really bad! I have a team fighting for titles, with world-class players, yet I only have one penalty-taker in double figures (at 11)

Originally posted by JumbledSausage:

2) Over time, the penalty-taking stat gets really really bad! I have a team fighting for titles, with world-class players, yet I only have one penalty-taker in double figures (at 11)

Totally agree - my ECL winning Benfica team has 3 players a penalty taking attribute in double figures - highest is 12, the other 2 are 10. Everyone else is rubbish.

Originally posted by grff:

It'll go on until your hard drive can't take anymore.

So, if you have a bigger hard drive, you could continue the game longer? Do you know how far you can go if you chose small database, play only one nation with one division playable on a 500GB Hard Drive? Could go on for 300 years??

Gee, I bet that's really thrilling. You should get him to write a story about it icon_rolleyes.gif

Amazingly, he has. And it is very interesting and has a massive following. it was an AI experiment that grew beyond that, and has developed a new team, with ymspace pages and allsorts if memory serves. Maybe you should find it and have a read, all 30+ pages. I challanege you not to be interested.

Archived