Is this the worst form that you have ever seen?

I've never seen a first team player perform so badly, but I have had a reserve team goalie regularly get a 4 or less. I had almost every single reserve player out on loan, so my reserves were made up of my useless youth squad. This lead to them regularly losing by at least 5 goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

tragically impressive.

Glenn Helder was about that good at Arsenal iirc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Helder was bad, but as Man. United fan, I'm still haunted by the Kleberson/Djemba-Djemba period.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sheriffpatgarrett:

If he makes 14 interceptions in a game and gets 25 out of 45 passes to a player on his team, how can he get the rating of 1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We conceded 11 goals.

He scored 1 own goal.

He gave away a penalty.

He was carp.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

I've never seen a first team player perform so badly, but I have had a reserve team goalie regularly get a 4 or less. I had almost every single reserve player out on loan, so my reserves were made up of my useless youth squad. This lead to them regularly losing by at least 5 goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here Bongo; my youth players end up so demoralized I can only find it funny. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IbrahimAliMaher:

Christ what does the guy have to do to get dropped? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the dates.

He only playes in certain games when I want to field a weakened team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klimowicz:

tragically impressive.

Helder was bad, but as Man. United fan, I'm still haunted by the Kleberson/Djemba-Djemba period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Count yourself lucky. At least you've not had to endure Igor Biscan, Djimi Traore, Antonio Nunez, Erik Meijer, Sean Dundee, Josemi, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Pellegrino, Phil Babb and many more that of the top of my head, I can't think of.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

tragically impressive.

Helder was bad, but as Man. United fan, I'm still haunted by the Kleberson/Djemba-Djemba period. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Count yourself lucky. At least you've not had to endure Igor Biscan, Djimi Traore, Antonio Nunez, Erik Meijer, Sean Dundee, Josemi, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Pellegrino, Phil Babb and many more that of the top of my head, I can't think of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i mentioned helder because i signed him on a free in my ducth lower league game last week icon_biggrin.gif

but i think i came in third in this one, even with jeffers, richard wright, luhzny, cygan, kiwomya... actually, thats just as bad.

I feel his passing and anticipation stats are good, given the amount of passes completed and interceptions. I would be happy if a left back had those stats.

Although, it is strange that is some games he does not put in even one tackle. Really surprising for a left back/right back. Guess that would be the reason for low rating.

Also it should put to rest the conspirace theries that thye ME rates players badly as if you play some 5 yard passes you get a 7. Here it seems that the guy did not do much wrong, only he did not do much at all, which means hradly any tackles or heading duels. Which means that SI has got the rating system rioght, at least in that respect. It also takes into account what you are supposed to do but don't do in matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Morientes, Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Mark Gonzalez... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuyt, Kronkamp, Paul Stewart, Nigel Clough, Torben Piechnik, Dicks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sinama-Pongolle, Paletta, le Tallec, Cisse?...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glenn Roeder:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by williamshankley:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

Morientes, Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, Mark Gonzalez... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuyt, Kronkamp, Paul Stewart, Nigel Clough, Torben Piechnik, Dicks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve Harkness, Phil Charnock...

Sinama-Pongolle, Paletta, le Tallec, Cisse?... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno about the worst form I've seen, but I was ruthlessly harsh with a Mexican DLC I signed for Derby once (for ~£5 million). On his debut he underhit a backpass at the 'keeper which allowed the opposing striker to nip in and score, he then netted an own goal and conceded a penalty. He finished the game (or rather, his final rating when I finally hoiked him off) with a 3 rating. I'd have done better if he'd got himself sent off in the first minute.

That was the only game he ever played for Derby...next transfer window I sold him at a loss to some team in Europe!

tragically impressive.

Count yourself lucky. At least you've not had to endure Igor Biscan, Djimi Traore, Antonio Nunez, Erik Meijer, Sean Dundee, Josemi, Karl-Heinz Riedle, Pellegrino, Phil Babb and many more that of the top of my head, I can't think of. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGOR!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 key passes and 75.9% passing rate for someone likely to be crossing (mixed bag) or long passing (mixed bag), and he gets a 1?

I clean out my games regularly so I lost the match reports. But I reduced a poor opposition full-back to a 1 while the rest of the team had 5s and 6s at one time. He was responsible for all 5 goals I scored against them; he had less than 40% successful passes, picked up a yellow card and was lucky not to be sent off. Lesson: Never put a full-back with a tackling of 2, marking of 3 and aggression of 19 against a winger like Ronaldo. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

Have you seen the teams that he got the worst ratings in?

They are all grey Ireland teams, which pretty much means that Jimbo gets creamed 10-0, 10-1 each time.

So no wonder that player gets such a poor rating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trueicon14.gif.

But, (and it's a big but), other players who played in the same games didn't do nearly so bad, (despite doing VERY badly).

I rested most senior players and played a mixture of Reserves and U18's.

This guy was just pants.

tragically impressive.

So you wont want reminding about the Taibi phase then? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suge:

tragically impressive.

So you wont want reminding about the Taibi phase then? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take a reminder of his Man-Of-The-Match performance at Anfield whenever you like.

Archived