+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Managers Contract

PW

Unhappy Managers Contract

Just wondered if this had happened to anyone else and if anyone had any comments on the subject.

I was manager of Utrecht in the Dutch division and was coming to the end of my contract and the board kept offering me a new one which I kept trying to negotiate and was eventually rejecting when they wouldn't agree to my terms or anywhere near them. Eventually my contract expired and I got a job with recently relegated Fulham.

My main concern with this process was that nowhere (that I could see) and at no time could I ask the board what plans they had for next season, i.e. if I signed the contract what approximately would be the wage budget, transfer budget, where did they expect the team to finish, etc.

This made the process of trying to re-negotiate extremely difficult as I had no transfer funds left and was over my wage budget (due to loan players having returned back to me). I would have been happy to accept a lower contract than I was initially asking for if the board could have confirmed that some transfer funds/wage budget would be available so I could progress the team.

Has anyone else been frustrated by this?
    Was there any way that I could have asked the board theri plans for next season (seeing as we were very near to the pre-season anyway)?

If it is an issue then hopefully its one of those little things that SI could tweak as personally I didn't really want to accept the contract, wait and see what transfer/wage budgets I had, and then if not sufficient just re-start the game. For realism I like to play the game as if it is really happening.

Amateur

Default Re: Managers Contract

Never even considered this - it would be a nice feature though.

I must be honest Ive never thought about negotiating terms (other then on contract length) with a club as ultimatly the more money my virtual persona makes the less money will be available to strengthen the team and run the club.

Banned

Unfortunately there is no way to ask the board what their plans are for next season regarding transfer&wage budgets. I think when the board are offering you a new contract it would be good to see what they intend to give you for the forthcoming season. It is frustrating that all the information you get when being offered a new contract is your wage and contract expiry.

I don't know if it's maybe been mentioned before but this could be one for the wishlist thread because I for one would like to see the board give you some sort of estimation on next season's transfer&wage budgets when offering you a new contract.

Amateur

That would be a good feature that i am sure many would use. I think more interaction with the bored should be a priority on the next FM.

Part-Timer

Good idea. During negotiations having the board tell you what they want to achieve & what supplies you will have.

I agree board interaction needs a bit of a update.

Amateur

You should be able to add clauses to the contract like a build stadium clause, improve training facilities.

+ Reply to Thread