What sort of rig do I need to run all leagues selected

I'm look at getting a new PC (maybe laptop), l and was wondering what sort of spec is needed to run all leagues at a comfortable speed.

If your current PC can run FM2009 with all leagues selected can you give me the specs of your machine?

Thanks all!

You'll be spending a hell of a lot to get a PC capable of running all of the leagues at a decent speed. I doubt there's actually a laptop that could handle all of them comfortably, especially if you play for a few seasons.

My current set-up has a 9.6Ghz quadcore processor, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb hard drive, everything else along those lines, but even this can't handle all of the leagues at a speed I find acceptable for any length of time.

My current set-up has a 9.6Ghz quadcore processor, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb hard drive, everything else along those lines, but even this can't handle all of the leagues at a speed I find acceptable for any length of time.

You mean a 2.4Ghz quadcore I suppose? I never heard of any processor running at 9.6GHz... (9.6GHz quadcore would mean a combined total of 38.4GHz)

I'm look at getting a new PC (maybe laptop), l and was wondering what sort of spec is needed to run all leagues at a comfortable speed.

If your current PC can run FM2009 with all leagues selected can you give me the specs of your machine?

Thanks all!

I don't think there's any PC capable of handling all leagues at the same time. I run 10 leagues in 6 countries on a (overclocked) 2.9GHz Intel i7 920 quadcore processor with 4GB DDR3-1333MHz memory which works fine, though I can't even imagine how slow it'd be running all leagues in FM at the same time.

Sound's like this is the computer you might need...

HAL.gif

It's called the H.A.L. 9000

:D

Seriously though, I last ran all leagues and countries with FM08 on my current PC, which is an ACER (E4600) Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz, 3GB Ram, with only 250GB HD. I have installed a new 570w power unit and an NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO graphics card, along with 500GB additional HD space.

It took about an hour or so to setup the game from the start and played fine, just took a long time to process the data. I would imagine that FM09 would possibly be slower still. I wouldn't really recommend loading absolutely everything to be honest though, as it would take an eternity to play even a single season.

SCIAG - I would say that might be the case even if someone was building their own PC. This is something I'm considering doing after Windows 7 in released and has been out for a few months. I can't wait! ;)

I've built my own pc, currently invested around 1000 euros in it. Processor is the 2nd best there is (only the Intel i7 940 would be better, but if I had a better cooling I could overclock this one to get the same results). Memory is currently 4GB DDR3-1333MHz, could be upgraded to 16GB DDR3-2000MHz if I had the money to do so... :p Graphics Card doesn't really have to be high-tech to support FM, but I got an Evga Geforce GTS250 1GB Superclocked (running at 738MHz).

you will need a rig like mine the specs :

Processor: Intel® Core i7 920 @ 3.5GHz <- in case somone one ask's yeah its overcloked

Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB 12800 DDR3 Triple Channel

Hard Drive: 1TB Sata2 + 1TB Sata2

Video Card: 2X ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

Physics Card : BFG Tech Ageia Physx 128 Mb

Monitor: Asus MK241H

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

Speakers/Headphones: Steelseries 5H V2

Keyboard: Logitech media keyboard

Mouse: Logitech G5

Mouse Surface: Qpad CT Large 4mm Black

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate SP1 64 bits

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4

Computer Case: Nox CoolBay HX

PSU: Corsair HX-1000W Modular

There's no such thing as a 9.6Ghz quad-core processor. The processor has 4 cores all running at the same speed. They do not combine their processing power directly, and a 9.6Ghz quad-core processor would not run at 38Ghz. It would still be a9.6Ghz processor (if there was such a thing) running 4 cores. A huge difference. The processors do not combine to make a faster processor - it just means more than one process can be run at the same time.

I run all European leagues on my I940 with 6gb RAM.

It's running a little slow, but it's certainly playable if you don't want to finish a season in 4 hours.

Although it doesn't use 100% processor power, so i guess the max speed is limited

I run all UK + Central European Leagues with all players loaded, large database, total about 40 leagues.

AMD Phenom 3.0GHz Quad Core

4 Gigs RAM

ATI Radeon 4870

Windoze Vista SP1

10 seasons in, processing times between matches vary from 2 up to 10 minutes during transfer window activity. I have processing on Fastest (No interruptions) and watch TV, surf the net or play on the Xbox when it's doing it's thing. Just leave auto-continue on, do some clicks, then play a match.

I feel it's a good balance between playability and flexibility (I like to manage in different countries).

If you are unlikely to manage outside the UK then it just isn't worth loading the extra leagues. Just load the players from the countries around you.

If you are unlikely to manage outside the UK then it just isn't worth loading the extra leagues. Just load the players from the countries around you.

I do not agree. I think it's fun and it adds some reality to see the football world around you to change. If you only load English leagues, you will be playing Juventus, Barcelona, Bayern etc until the end of time in the CL.

I recommend a view-only for the top 2 leagues for the better European leagues. (as long as you can run these without losing too much speed). Then there will be some European changes and surprises in the future.

Running "fine" for two weeks game-time is not a benchmark, heh

Try doing like 10 seasons, there's no PC in the world that can run *all* FM leagues decently in the long-run.

Oh yeah, don't count the super computers that aren't really available for people.

Running "fine" for two weeks game-time is not a benchmark, heh

Try doing like 10 seasons, there's no PC in the world that can run *all* FM leagues decently in the long-run.

Oh yeah, don't count the super computers that aren't really available for people.

It's just how you wanna spend your money. I worked hard for my computer, so why isn't this really available for people? (I looked in the mirror this morning, but I'm still convinced I was born on planet earth)

What do you call a "super computer"???

I run all European leagues on my I940 with 6gb RAM.

It's running a little slow, but it's certainly playable if you don't want to finish a season in 4 hours.

Although it doesn't use 100% processor power, so i guess the max speed is limited

what ?

my i7920 overclocked @ 3.5ghz with all leagues max detail and huge database

FM2009 does this wen the processing bar apears :

it only lasts the processing bur has you can see on the image it indeed uses 100%

46036816.png

It's just how you wanna spend your money. I worked hard for my computer, so why isn't this really available for people? (I looked in the mirror this morning, but I'm still convinced I was born on planet earth)

What do you call a "super computer"???

I can assure you he's right, it's simply not possible. There's way too much data to be processed...

I can assure you he's right, it's simply not possible. There's way too much data to be processed...

it can be done but you have to spend a lot my rig is costum made but i spend 3000 euros on it i use it to play FM2009 , crysis wars and other high graphics game but i use it mostly for auto-cad due to my job

it can be done but you have to spend a lot my rig is costum made but i spend 3000 euros on it i use it to play FM2009 , crysis wars and other high graphics game but i use it mostly for auto-cad due to my job

You go ahead and try playing FM09 with all leagues in full detail, I'm sure you'll come back after 2 or 3 seasons telling us how incredibly slow the game is. That is if you even get to play 2 or 3 full seasons before the release of FM10...

It all depends on what you consider is a decent speed. Of course if you select a lot of leagues you won't be able to fly through a week in a few seconds but its a trade off between time spent processing an the realism of having lots of leagues running.

On my pc I run around 90 leagues from 38 countries. It takes probably 10 mins to process a week, but that is certainly worth the wait to have opporunities and leagues all over the world. It also gives you more of a build up to each Saturday as I like to take my time and go through a season slowly watching my matches in full detail.

You go ahead and try playing FM09 with all leagues in full detail, I'm sure you'll come back after 2 or 3 seasons telling us how incredibly slow the game is. That is if you even get to play 2 or 3 full seasons before the release of FM10...

i am currently playing in 2013 and the game isn't slow look my print above and you see why it isnt slow

I have a core 2 quad q9400 4gb ram, I've tryied to load all leagues with all players ddt and every thing on full detail and it's really really slow, I think there is like 9 hours of game run and I still didn't managed to pass a month.

But of course if you just want all leagues but not on full detail and not with ddt it should be way faster

I haven't said that i'm playing everything in full detail. I'm 2 months into the game, so I didn't say it's running smoothly after a couple of seasons. It's playable at this moment. And I'm not talking about a computer which costs € 3.000 because I have to admit that I wouldn't pay that either.

What i meant is that you can't expect to run everything with a computer that cost € 400.

I haven't said that i'm playing everything in full detail. I'm 2 months into the game, so I didn't say it's running smoothly after a couple of seasons. It's playable at this moment. And I'm not talking about a computer which costs € 3.000 because I have to admit that I wouldn't pay that either.

What i meant is that you can't expect to run everything with a computer that cost € 400.

indeed no one forces you to have a 3000 euros rig , you should choose the ones you really need depending on how much your system can handle

I ran all leagues with a large database for my first game. Got through the first season, into mid-September looked at the game status screen 3days 3hours 4minutes. that is on a 2.4Ghz quad core with 3G RAM, fairly shitty graphics card though.

It is doable, but why?

i am currently playing in 2013 and the game isn't slow look my print above and you see why it isnt slow

With all respect mate, but no one's going to make me believe you run all competitions in FM09 smoothly with a i7 920 overclocked at 3.5GHz. My i7 920 is working at 2.9GHz and (I've just tried this earlier tonight) it's already struggling on half of the competitions. Surely it's "playable", but it took an hour to get through half a month. I could nearly have an entire meal while waiting for the thing to pass on to the next day...

Will my system run all leagues?

Processor (CPU)

AMD PHENOM™ II X4 940 (3.0GHz) BLACK EDITION (Socket AM2+)

Memory (RAM)

4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1066MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x2GB)

Motherboard

ASUS® M4N72-E: DUAL DDR2, S-ATA II, 2 x PCI-Ex, 2 x PCI

Operating System

Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium 64 bit Edition + SP1, CD & Licence (£78)

Memory - 1st Hard Disk

1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)

1st CD/DVD Drive

6x BLU-RAY ROM & HD-DVD ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£69)

Graphics Card

896MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX260 PCI EXPRESS

2nd Graphics Card

896MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX260 PCI EXPRESS

Case

COOLERMASTER HAF 932 BLACK GAMING PC CASE

Power Supply & Case Cooling

800W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£89) (Special Offer)

Processor Cooling

SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER

Archived