Manager's Character Traits - 2010 Idea

I'v realised recently FM managers have very little "Personality", in real life we all know what makes for instance Sir Alex different to Wenger but in the game we only know there 'Preferred formation' or 'Playing mentality'.

Every manager has a different take on the game and I feel the game could benefit from these being shown, they would be very similar to how a player has preferred moves, so Wenger would have along the lines of, "Invests in youngsters" and "Plays attractive passing game" Doesn't often pay high transfer fees".

Let me know what you think of this idea, I think it could make a new manager taking over a club more interesting like in real life, these traits could, like Preferred moves, grow over a time based on a mangers in game activity.

Tractor Boy Rv! My fellow Sittingbourne member! ;)

Super idea mate, really really good. For example, if you have managed a side where you have mainly used the long ball, a team such as Arsenal are unlikely to employ you.

Thanks for the feedback, I did do a search but didn't come across that thread CaptainPlanet, thanks for bringing it, I'll be sure to have a good read through it. Lets hope they can implement this into the next game :)

Simon07, thats exactly along the lines of what I was thinking, and if they appointed say Big Fat Sam there would be a lot of media reports on the strange appointment etc.

Thanks for the feedback, I did do a search but didn't come across that thread CaptainPlanet, thanks for bringing it, I'll be sure to have a good read through it. Lets hope they can implement this into the next game :)

Simon07, thats exactly along the lines of what I was thinking, and if they appointed say Big Fat Sam there would be a lot of media reports on the strange appointment etc.

yeah i agree with this too - also with the league cup - in my game arsenal and man u etc play full strength teams - whereas we all know wenger and fergie's take on the cup - very much a "blooding youngsters" trophy for them... just a thought?

when I'm an inferior team, the big 4 do blood youngsters against me.

They left ronaldo and a couple of others on the bench when playing me, even in the league, and only brought them on late on when they were chasing the game.

I would like this. Also more interaction with managers too. You can only say ONE thing to managers in the champs league and that's a negative comment. Making friends with the big club managers is what I want to do. I don't just want to kiss ass by saying, "XXXX should be proud of their manager".

Archived