How do I acquire a new stadium?

Hi guys, i was just curious and thought someone might be able to help me out. I just scraped the Premiership with Chelmford, but ridiculously still play my games at the Chelmsford Sports and Athletics Centre with a laughable capacity of 12500. Whenever I ask for an expansion i get told the council will never allow it (even though they expanded it a couple of years ago). What criteria do i have to meet to get a new one built? Or am I going to have to welcome the likes of Barcelona to a leisure centre in Witham...

You'll need to play most of your home matches with a (nearly) full stadium and have a truckload of money in your bank account (around 20 million euros at least).

I got my board to build a new stadium just last night at TOP Oss, new one will have just over 20,000 seats (current one has some 4200). I had been bragging them to expand the stadium, though this was impossible because there wasn't enough space to expand the current stadium. At the end of last season I had around 20 million euros in the bank and all of a sudden my board sent me a message they were getting me a new stadium...

I just got a stadium expansion with the Walton Casuals!

I only had £100,000 in the bank but they took out a £4million loan and are making me a 10,006 seater! I am impressed, I have never had one before.

This makes me think reputation has a stadium affect too, as I had effectively no money to build this stadium...

Unless I have an amazing board?

I just got a stadium expansion with the Walton Casuals!

I only had £100,000 in the bank but they took out a £4million loan and are making me a 10,006 seater! I am impressed, I have never had one before.

This makes me think reputation has a stadium affect too, as I had effectively no money to build this stadium...

Unless I have an amazing board?

What country is that in?

I found that sometimes if there are stadium requirements to go up a league the board will plunge the club into debt to upgrade the stadium.

In England. I moved them into the BSS from a fairly obscure league, altering them to match the lowest BSS team.

By League 2, I had a new stadium, almost straight after a board takeover. Perhaps the league jump being a telling reason.

I have a very similar problem. There's a very distinct difference between some sides and others.

If "The council will never allow permission" is the reason, then you're pretty much screwed. I'm currently managing Ternana, have taken them from Serie C1 to Serie A, have requested several times (at one stage with over £30'000'000 in the bank after a big player sale) and it's always the same response - no chance basically.

If the board says "We don't believe it's necessary" or something along those lines, you can either ultimatum (good luck with that...) or move up divisions, win cups, improve reputation. It's quite common for a side to be built a new stadium on FM if they outgrow the old one and they have local planning permission available.

I just don't know how to get round the council!!!

I have a very similar problem. There's a very distinct difference between some sides and others.

If "The council will never allow permission" is the reason, then you're pretty much screwed. I'm currently managing Ternana, have taken them from Serie C1 to Serie A, have requested several times (at one stage with over £30'000'000 in the bank after a big player sale) and it's always the same response - no chance basically.

If the board says "We don't believe it's necessary" or something along those lines, you can either ultimatum (good luck with that...) or move up divisions, win cups, improve reputation. It's quite common for a side to be built a new stadium on FM if they outgrow the old one and they have local planning permission available.

Bingo - thats my problem with Cardiff too.

At the start of the game we moveinto the new Leckwith Stadium ( 29000 capacity) but now - 12 years later, being Premiership winners, Uefa Cup and Champ League Runners up - I need a new stadium to progress that bit further and generate more revenue.

but i get the bluddy council message over and over. Am i now stuck with a paltry 29000 capacity forever?? - I mean the Millennium Stadium is up the road!!!

That means the stadium will have a stand or two shut down for several months (starting in the pre-season usually) and when it re-opens you'll have a larger capacity.

it's the oracle =P

that just happened

Andrew, count yourself lucky... I'm pushing for a Champions League place in Serie A with Ternana but I'm stuck with 20'000-seated craphole.

Taytaz, not the oracle... I just play this game too much ^^

Andrew, count yourself lucky... I'm pushing for a Champions League place in Serie A with Ternana but I'm stuck with 20'000-seated craphole.

Maybe im destined to be at the stadium for 100 years like Ninian Park!!

• 2 weeks later...

i reckon its another ploy by SI to get you to buy fm2010.

they do it every year. broken regens, or broken stadium/facility upgrades.

its stopped me playing the game now (as with every year). the board just don't seem to build the 2nd stadium. even if your winning the top competitions and have plenty of money stored up.

im seriously considering not buying the game next year cause i KNOW there will be the same longevity problem. may move to another game.

an SI response on this would be helpfull though

I admit I did cheat to expand Anfield from 45,000 seats to 200,000. Maybe that's why I wont get a new stadium. Even though 99% of my home games I get 185,000+ into my stadium. Every season I get knocked back for the last 5 seasons due to the stupid idiots at the council. But i'm going to try every 3 months. Eventually they'll give in surely

I also have about 800 million pounds in the bank also. Don't know why the council always knock it back. I've won 98% of the trophies available to be won over the 6 years I've been there

Thank you for sharing that, I also, do not understand why my 1 million stadium will not be expanded, damn SI and their unrealistic game!

More relevant; I've never seen a stadium be expanded when you get the "council message" - still hoping in 09 though, no luck last 5 seasons though.

I finally got my stadium, after 10 years at the club they announced to build a new stadium after me.

I asked a few times and they said they couldnt because of council but last season I made 233mil from transfers and made heaps from Champs league.

Current stadium, cap 64,000

New one, is 83,313 seats with undersoil heating and retractable roof costing 321mil. Going to take two years to finish.

i spent 11-12 years trying to get a new stadia at spurs after WHL reached its fullest potential... i eventually got my new stadia, costing around 330Million, its named after me :)

i had 200M in the bank and we sold WHL for around 110M... new stadia is around 72000 capacity with retractable roof etc...

i spent 11-12 years trying to get a new stadia at spurs after WHL reached its fullest potential... i eventually got my new stadia, costing around 330Million, its named after me :)

i had 200M in the bank and we sold WHL for around 110M... new stadia is around 72000 capacity with retractable roof etc...

Congrats Methman, especially having it named after you too.

It will be a long time for me, being that I am in the BSP (4th season with Marine). Years yet to come before we get a new stadium. But hopefully this year will see an improved cash flow and we might expand for next year

I'm currently managing Marine in the Championship for a Dafuge challenge, and they began building me a stadium at the end of my 1st season in Championship.

I previously had a 5000 capacity stadium, and was receiving the "council wont allow" expansion message when requesting it. (The feckers had the cheek to spend over £1m on 2 occasions for ridiculously low numbers of seats - one of them was just 142 seats for that price!)

Despite only having £7,000 in the bank, they took out a £15M loan and built us the new Marine Stadium with a capacity of 18570, which I'm filling every week.

So I think there are obviously quite a few different factors which play their part, and Dafuge's suggestion of league requirements sounds like the most obvious reason for a new ground.

So I think there are obviously quite a few different factors which play their part, and Dafuge's suggestion of league requirements sounds like the most obvious reason for a new ground.

Yeah. My Wolves board recently announced a new 55890 seater stadium when I had about £4mil in the bank. They've taken out a £177mil loan. :eek:

Had sold out season tickets at 42000 seater Molineux for numerous seasons in a row, and was becoming a dominant force in World football.

I've had similar issues with my FC United game. Their stadium is Gigg Lane, which is owned by Bury. We pay 100k rent. Every attempt to request an expansion is met with "We don't own the stadium".

I played basically from the Blue Square to the Championship with the starting 12.5k stadium, they expanded it by 1k one year despite not owning it, and nothing else.

Since I'm not playing a proper challenge like the dafuge challenge, I can do what I want, so I just went and used FMRTE to upgrade it to 15k, next year bumped it to 19k, then 20k as I'd made top 4 in the EPL.

This season, we sold 15k season tickets for the ground of 20k, have an average attendance of 19,936 and should finish in a similar if not better position in the top 4 again.

If we don't get a new stadium, then I'm simply going to have to conclude it's bugged and broken.

I can understand not getting one even in League 1 (as 12.5k is a big stadium and we never really sold it out until the Championship, but going into the EPL with a basic 12.5k stadium we don't own was ludicrous. We should have built a 20k stadium with say another 10 to 15k expansion potential by the time we reached the EPL.

I also have to regularly "repair" the pitch myself with FMRTE, as I can't request a new pitch and it doesn't get fixed by the AI. I'm currently playing on a "terrible" pitch condition. I just repaired it, and it was set at 9. This is on a scale of 200. Ridiculous.

What year are you in?

I had to wait until 2027 (I had been in the PL for four years by then) to get a new stadium with FC United, just wish they could have come up with a better name. Like you, I thought it was a bug and it was never going to happen but it just took a lot longer than I thought it would.

2031 right now, 4th season in the EPL.

2026 was my last year in the Championship, with the first year being 2021/22.

I probably delayed the new stadium by a few years with my own upgrades, but this season, if we don't get one, I can only conclude the conditions for actually getting a new stadium, are far too stringent.

With Boston Utd I got them into the Premiership after consecutive promotions from the Blue Square North. Didn't manage to get an expansion to the almost 7k stadium unto I got promoted for the last time and there being a minimum number of seats for Prem stadiums capacity went into the double digits for thousands.

Got another expansion after finishing 8th in my first season and qualifying for the UEFA Cup via the Sporting Play but this time it was only by like 142 seats leaving me close to 13k capacity

This just concluded season I won the Treble and that got me a new stadium with retractable roof, undersoil heating and a capacity close to 28k. Like dafuge though it was a generic name. Checked to see if I could get any other names but the only other one was it being named after some guy who's the only club legend ( me having only shown up in favoured personnel like once when we got promoted to the Prem). I'd signed him when his career was almost over then he retired and became a crappy scout so no use me signing him on. He was only with the club like 5 years or something and I've got them from obscurity to continental rep.

Finally got a new stadium:

FC United Stadium will cost 100 million.

There is also 75 million interest on top of that from the loan.

A 15 year stadium sponsorship at 3.27 million per season will bring in 50 million over the 15 years.

Finished on the 23rd of June 2032 (a year and one month pretty much).

Undersoil Heating. Capacity of 47,563.

Thank you for sharing that, I also, do not understand why my 1 million stadium will not be expanded, damn SI and their unrealistic game!

More relevant; I've never seen a stadium be expanded when you get the "council message" - still hoping in 09 though, no luck last 5 seasons though.

I got the council message on my Ramsgate save for dafuge's challenge but once we made the PL it got expanded a few times going from 10k to just over 20k over a few seasons before a new stadium was eventually built.

In my spanish game, I cant expand my stadium because the club dont own it (however I dished out a massive amount to expand it to 10k when I got promoted to La Liga). Is there any hope to ever get a new one? Its been sold out every game for 4 seasons or so now..

In my second season in the championship with Blyth Spartans and we're still in our 4300 capacity stadium and its killing us! We just can't generate the revenue from ticket sales to pay for a new stadium. Plus nobody seems to be bidding for my players.......well nothing in the region that would help towards a new stadium.

In my spanish game, I cant expand my stadium because the club dont own it (however I dished out a massive amount to expand it to 10k when I got promoted to La Liga). Is there any hope to ever get a new one? Its been sold out every game for 4 seasons or so now..

Just to answer my own question here. Tonight I got a message that my club will build a new stadium. Costing 68 million pounds, 25k all-seater, and finished in a year. So if you havent got one yet, dont give up hope :)

i am playing with Oxford Utd in season 9, i am 5 years in PL, won 2 in a row Champions Leagues, 1 FA Cup, and the other minor competitions, in season 7 was bought by a buisnesman an now i have 300 mln euros in balance...BUT my stadium is only 18000 and that damm council isn't giving me a permision for expansion...and other when i ask the board they are telling me that i should spend more time in the training pitch instead in their ofice...

Whether it's realistic or not is highly debatable.

IRL the decision to build a new stadium is very complicated and boards don't decide to do it just because the club has been successful for a while. There's the issue of sustainability. Who knows the successful manager (you) might get bored and leave. This could lead them to dropping back a division or 2. Do the members believe that in 10 years time the stadium will still be packed? Will the club who have come out of nowhere to win the Prem drop back to nowhere? Should they risk using the club as collateral to secure the loan to build a stadium and is the club's value high enough to secure the loan? Is there any space available to build a massive stadium? If there isn't should the club move somewhere else and risk upsetting the fans?

I'd imagine that things like reputation, status and av number of fans determine whether a new stadium is built in game. I doubt that the club value comes into play when securing a loan but it's possible because it'd be easy to set up. Does anyone know how big a reputation gain a club gets from winning the Premier league of any given nation?

Archived