Burnley play-off push

I am in January with Burnley am am sitting in 14th around 8 points off tghe playoffs, probably around what was expected, Chris Eagles looks to be off as management keep accepting offers on behalf on me, would generate around 2million, any players on loan preferably a left winger, centre back or striker as my stikrers aren't very prolific. Anyone with experience with Burnley or whatever, any help please

You're best trying in the Good Player and Team Guide forum. I'm sure there will be a Burnley thread in there somewhere. I'd post a link for you but I'm at work under the watchful eyes of management :p

ahhh burnley,

i had 7 glorious years at burnley. i came second in the championship my first season and won the prem in my 6th and 7th. i too had to sell eagles. i got 2.5 mil for him bought a young center back from birmingham for 150k who became my rock at the back. also got kostadinov from hearts for 250k then with the rest just strenthend the entire squad. i only got up first time because of a 20 odd game unbeaten run at the end of the season. that and the 2 players mentioned , rough diamonds. :D

the wing problem can easliy be solved just buy the best available. like i said sold eagles and brought in around another 7 players with the money from that deal. i think you start with 2 capable keepers that PERU keeper gets pretty good. sometimes selling 1 player can build a whole club. ;)

A tip here.. Chris Eagles bang his asking price up to 4.5 million.. its not too high and not too less and you shoudl see a decrease in people bidding for him.

or you could just set the asking price to £0 so the board never accept offers for him

or you could just set the asking price to £0 so the board never accept offers for him

But that way more teams will be bidding for him, unsettling him at the club, and if someone big comes in hes likely to want to leave due to Burnleys low stature in relation to many prem teams, thus making him a pain in the arse because he will constantly moaning, performances wont be as good and he wont sign a contract so may leave on a free:thdn:

But that way more teams will be bidding for him, unsettling him at the club, and if someone big comes in hes likely to want to leave due to Burnleys low stature in relation to many prem teams, thus making him a pain in the arse because he will constantly moaning, performances wont be as good and he wont sign a contract so may leave on a free:thdn:

Well if it ever gets that bad then you sell him to a big club for £££££££s. But it is Chris Eagles we're talking about here, not a big club quality player.

Good luck with the playoff push :p As for Eagles in real life you can see at times with his touch and skill he his better than Champioship level, Sometimes he does something and you just think to yourself how as he done that! Takes the 'micheal' out of players when he is on it.

But one problem his he can be a lazy player he wants the ball to come to him he wont go and get the ball. He has improved alot desire wise, When he first came he frustrated alot of fans with his unwillingness to chase down the ball and seemingly not intrested attitude. Also he can have bad games when i would'nt even play him for a lower league side, On his day though you can see he as some real genuine class in him.

As for a left winger you should sign this guy in January with money you get from Eagles( Can't get him at start of the game because he as only just joined them) he his class for Championship and will do a solid job in the prem easy, Not sure if im allowed to post names here so ill cover it.

Ross Wallace from Preston

eagles ended up not agreeing terms and therefore had no money, finsihed 19th but that was only 6 points behind 10th which was frustrating, all plays want to leave, now tipped for relegation and have less money than ever, not looking great lol, all my players want new contracts which i cannot afford and any player who is decent is scouted by bigger clubs, looks like a tough old second season but we'll see how it goes, thanks for your help everyone

Archived