How many copies of Football Manager has Sega sold?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick.Bateman:

Sega doesn't sell copies, they sell only originals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you idiot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ignore The 13th Duke of Wybourne with a Yellow Card - Abuse. Expires 10.3.08

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The 13th Duke of Wybourne:

Championship Manager series 6 million!!! List of best-selling video games

"This is a list of computer and video game franchises that have sold at least 5 million copies." COPIES c-o-p-i-e-s COPIES. Do you get it Patrick.Bateman? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Making a silly joke, doesn't give you the right to call people an idiot.

I can’t help it that you do not understand the silly joke.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patrick.Bateman:

"This is a list of computer and video game franchises that have sold at least 5 million copies." COPIES c-o-p-i-e-s COPIES. Do you get it Patrick.Bateman? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can’t help it that you do not understand the silly joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif only joking!

icon_biggrin.gif only joking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if it was joke, you are a fool. You have no right to call anybody an idiot.

Alot of companies don't release their sales figures, of titles. Sega used to do so before they published Football Manager (back in the Dreamcast's lifespan) but I haven't been able to track down any recent ones.

It's safe to say alot were sold, it's the leading game of it's genre so it has a huge sales advantage. Lets face it, other games of the same genre, like CM and FIFA Manager just aren't as good.

How many copies they have sold is quite irrelevant for the consumer to know.

Football Manager 2008 is SEGA's first No.1 since Football Manager 2007 hit the top spot in the same week last year. Sales of the latest iteration are slightly down on previous editions, although only by 2,000 units on FM 2006 and 1,000 units on FM 2007

Link

FM 08 is holding top position while CM 08 climbing up from the 9th to 4th spot. Link icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krondor:

Football Manager 2008 is SEGA's first No.1 since Football Manager 2007 hit the top spot in the same week last year. Sales of the latest iteration are slightly down on previous editions, although only by 2,000 units on FM 2006 and 1,000 units on FM 2007

Link

FM 08 is holding top position while CM 08 climbing up from the 9th to 4th spot. Link icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, off topic, I know, but...

CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 2008?

Is it any good?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

Is it any good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM08 ...

CM08 ...

ummm ... no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amazing how they manage to spot all the minor flaws in CM but fail to spot any of the pretty majors ones in FM. They also pick on areas where CM hasnt improved but conveniently ignore the same in FM- and yet they say it has "improved realism"!

A lot of these reviewers have preconcieved ideas that seep far too easily into reviews.

Not that this means that FM isnt better than CM (although imo CM has fresher ideas) but these reviews exhibit why they are not to be trusted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSGTroyer:

FM08 ...

CM08 ...

I played CM till the 04.

Then I quit playing football manager due other interests.

In 2006 I was accidentally beamed to a games store and I saw the two managers next to each other: CM & FM.

I couldn't resist and was prepared to buy a manager game again, but only one of them would make the way to my home.

Confused and in doubt I selected for FM. I don't why anymore.

Later, I noticed in magazines that FM was the standard, the real thing. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

FM08 ...

CM08 ...

Amazing how they manage to spot all the minor flaws in CM but fail to spot any of the pretty majors ones in FM. They also pick on areas where CM hasnt improved but conveniently ignore the same in FM- and yet they say it has "improved realism"!

A lot of these reviewers have preconcieved ideas that seep far too easily into reviews.

Not that this means that FM isnt better than CM (although imo CM has fresher ideas) but these reviews exhibit why they are not to be trusted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. But not all paper- & online magazines could be 'bought' by Sega, no?

So I assume that FM is a little better.

Maybe, I should try it out on my own...

It's your money. Spend it how you choose.

And after you've tried CM, you'll wish you had that money back ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I tried FIFA Manager a few times as well.

But it seems I always return to my home ground icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Even if it was joke, you are a fool. You have no right to call anybody an idiot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think my irony detector has just exploded.

another case of thread hijacking icon_frown.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh I'm sorry. I thought your question has been answered...

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep searching for answers !!!

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep searching for answers !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silence

Sega doesn't sell copies, they sell only originals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can you have more than one original? That's surely an oxymoron...

• 4 weeks later...

icon_biggrin.gif only joking! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahahahahahahhaha, This guy is just too funny ILMAO.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

FM08 ...

CM08 ...

Not that this means that FM isnt better than CM (although imo CM has fresher ideas) but these reviews exhibit why they are not to be trusted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know. But not all paper- & online magazines could be 'bought' by Sega, no?

So I assume that FM is a little better.

Maybe, I should try it out on my own... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think anyone is suggesting that anyone was bought. My observation is that people have come to expect a certain level from SI and so the reviews are more forgiving, due to that track record. On the other hand, BGS have a poor track record, so reviewers don't have the same attachment. The thing to remember is that reviewers are just like us, they have games they are loyal to. And most publications will pass FM and CM to a reviewer they know likes that kind of thing. Well, most have probably preferred FM up til now. I can see that changing though as FM08 will have cost SI a lot of friends.

Interesting to note the decline in sales.. only 1000 units down each year but it IS a decline. That's got to be a message SI should take note of.

The figures quoted are for a single week so are really meaningless in the context of total sales.

I know for a fact that second week sales of FM08 were up hugely on those of FM07.

The only thing that baffles me about the reviews is that they have to be going on the pre-patched versions, as the review deadlines will generally be way ahead of the game's release.

Given that the initial box version is usually pretty dodgy, I'm amazed that it can consistently be given five stars.

I think the reviewers probably only play sequels game for about 30 minutes, especially for something like football manager where the changes are, lets face it, relatively minor. It doesn't give them enough time to spot obvious bugs such as the scottish league fixtures not loading for the 2nd season on the unpatched version.

No? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep searching for answers !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very mature, surely if your question hasnt been answered then you should try and look up the answer by your self? Grow up TBH

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andersonn:

i will bu championship manager next time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do that.

Personally, I don't like cutting off my own nose to spite my face.

Archived