Players You've Signed More Than Once

By this I don't mean in the same game or in FM08 itself, but is there a player you've signed on previous editions that you look out for or have just happened to have signed again in newer editions?

For me, on FM06 I had Simon Walton in defence or as DMC for my almighty Charlton team. Playing as Leeds this time round (FM08) I needed a decent CBK so looked for decent defenders with Leeds as a favourite club and lo-and-behold Mr Walton pops up!

And he's still good, which helped icon_smile.gif

By this I don't mean in the same game or in FM08 itself, but is there a player you've signed on previous editions that you look out for or have just happened to have signed again in newer editions?

For me, on FM06 I had Simon Walton in defence or as DMC for my almighty Charlton team. Playing as Leeds this time round (FM08) I needed a decent CBK so looked for decent defenders with Leeds as a favourite club and lo-and-behold Mr Walton pops up!

And he's still good, which helped icon_smile.gif

I never intentionally sign the same player again, however I was recently promoted to the English Premiership and my scout suggested Jiri Jarosik, so I took him on trial and then signed him.

I had had him in my Southampton team in FM06, and he was awesome. This was before he signed for Chelsea IRL so was fairly unheard of, but he help them gain promotion scoring over 20 goals from central midfield.

I signed chris bart-williams for liverpool in the demo of CM93/94 because my board wanted a big name signing and he had the biggest nae i could find (i was young, and i thought it was funny)

in FM05, my scout found him in cyprus and I thought he could do a job for Aberdeen, so I teamed up with him again.

In one save, i signed a regen called Matthew Webb 5 times for a combined sum of almost £100m.

Sergio Aguero

Vincent Kompany (he has always been my most consistent and reliable purchase since FM05)

Marcelo (get him early while he's cheap. Get out clause is around 5m in first season)

Danni Alves

Xabi Alonso

Essien (after a few seasons obv)

And from now on i will always try to get Kaká...imense.

No, but Bierofka utterly bedevilled me in one save-game. I think he had a 1-goal, 3-assist game against me at one point!!

I finally settled on explicitly double-covering him as the only way I could slow him down: I had both the winger and fullback on his side set to "explicit Man-Mark" him, one with "tight marking" on and the other with it off, and that was the only way I could slow him down.

Maxim Tsigalko was some sort of understatted goal-scoring hero for a Real game I had on CM 4.

The best was Jens Jeremies. He was available for a free at the end of the first season, but was more or less impossible to get. Somehow, on one of many save games, I managed to get him for Liverpool, went to Real, took him with me, then brought him to Southampton after that. He was so great.

soz i know this is an old post but just got back into FM and my main everytime purchase since CM02/03 on xbox version was johnathan soriano first time bought he broke R.Madrids all time goal scoring record in 4 seasons

i feel almost compelled to buy but never has he hit them heights again icon_frown.gif

Alberto Artigas. Signed him in 96/97 I think, and have tried to sign him every year since. Not in my current 08 game, perhaps he's retired now.

He was a Spanish striker who partnered Alan Shearer in my Newcastle team the first time I signed him. He was always rubbish in every version after that, but I signed him anyway for old time's sake.

i always used to buy tonton zolo moukoko when he was around and also zlatan mouslimovic when he was rated as a great player...they were awsome and formed part of what i call my fantastic 4...i cant remember who the other two were though so i guess it was only half fantastic.

Archived