Urgant help needed!

Ah, don't know much about Windows mate! Sorry. Isn't there an option on windows to change the startup settings? Right-click fm.exe, press properties. I know for sure you can change some stuff there, I just don't know if you can change the startup resolution though.

yep

reinstalled

steam and fm

and

system restore

cleared caches

disk cleanup

still not working

it because i accidently made the screen too big and then whenever it tries to open it crashes.

it crashed straight after i made screen too big.

so i need a way to make it open in a normal screen size/full screen

I don't care about you; I care about my reputation. ;)

Just joking, I got helped here when I intitially signed up so would like to help anyone else that is unfortunate enough to get a problem. Hope it works and keep us informed ;)

And, for what it's worth, I am not the only one; we have a great community here :p

Try resetting your preferences by one of two methods:

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Another solution is to delete your settings files:

Delete Settings

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\settings

well peter-evo youre idea didnt work and am about to try michaels

but thanks anyway peter-evo!! Its the thought that counts!!

Michael if you are right i will adore you

Okay, sorry.

I am hoping that Michael's works for you mate.

Archived