hidden attribute - ambition, bad to be unambitous?

I've been meaning to test this out by giving a player an Ambition of 1 and another an Ambition of 20 and seeing their progress :)

What i have noticed though is that high Ambition players are not satisfied playing at lower levels, they want to move to a top club and play in a top league. I had a player with an Ambition of 18 at Standard Liege and wanted a move away to a bigger club. :)

It obviously does play a part though in his development and his ability to reach his full potential rating. Along with the other stats like Professionalism.

Ambition is one of the most important stats for me.

I had a young regen striker, Carlos, who has 16 for finishing at 15 years old. He also had high stats in various other area's. His personality, however, was unambitious.

I let him go on a free transfer aged 22. His finishing was still 16, and other stats had gone down. He would turn down tutoring, saying he doesn't think it would help him. He'd never listen to suggestions regarding PPM, and was generally a nightmare player!

Whilst my training schedules had brought through many good regens, having an unambitious personality was, imo, the biggest reason for him not improving.

I believe that with tutoring, that's where the "xxx would be an ideal role model" selection comes in useful, providing that they are "professional" enough of course. If they're unambitious and unprofessional, best to wave them a fond farewell and wish them all the best with their new (non-footballing) career. ;)

I believe that with tutoring, that's where the "xxx would be an ideal role model" selection comes in useful, providing that they are "professional" enough of course. If they're unambitious and unprofessional, best to wave them a fond farewell and wish them all the best with their new (non-footballing) career. ;)

I tried to get him tutored by his fellow Spanish Bojan, who my AM recommended. But he turned me down. :'(

Whenever I have a player tutor another, both with same personality it always end with 'so and so didn't learn much'. Load of ****.

With the same personality, not much will change. You want tutors and pupils to have different personalities, so there's some difference to work on.

I tried to get him tutored by his fellow Spanish Bojan, who my AM recommended. But he turned me down. :'(

I find that to be particularly frustrating, as it's my thought that any kid would be delighted at the prospect of working with such a world reknown talent.

Unfortunately this train of thought follows me through my FM games and if I encounter any situations like this, balshy youngsters, they're shown the door! :D

Did you utter the word "Adios!" as you clicked the "release" button? ;)

Archived