FM08 - not being given available transfer funds - bug?

I'm playing with Cambridge United in FM08 and have reached season 2019/20; at the end of last season I was allocated a transfer budget by my board but it didn't show up in my transfer funds so I had no money to spend other than the remnants of the previous season's budget. I thought it might have just been a glitch so I carried on.

This season the same thing has happened - I got the message in my Inbox saying I'd been given 32m to spend and a wage budget of 2.2m (currently 1.65m) and the yet there are no available transfer funds and no increase in the wage bill.

I've asked the board for more funds in case there was something I needed to do to release the money but they just refused and said there was 'no return from the money already spent'.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I'm playing with Cambridge United in FM08 and have reached season 2019/20; at the end of last season I was allocated a transfer budget by my board but it didn't show up in my transfer funds so I had no money to spend other than the remnants of the previous season's budget. I thought it might have just been a glitch so I carried on.

This season the same thing has happened - I got the message in my Inbox saying I'd been given 32m to spend and a wage budget of 2.2m (currently 1.65m) and the yet there are no available transfer funds and no increase in the wage bill.

I've asked the board for more funds in case there was something I needed to do to release the money but they just refused and said there was 'no return from the money already spent'.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Have you bought lots of players with money over 12/24 months? IIRC this comes straight out of your transfer budget.

Have you bought lots of players with money over 12/24 months? IIRC this comes straight out of your transfer budget.

A couple but that came straight out of the budget I had at the time - with this problem, the message tells me I have been given a new budget but none of the funds are available.

Archived