+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: View only....

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    326

    Default View only....

    Although I'm a seasoned pro at FM, I'm not totally sure of the benefit of having a league view only...

    Will having league only slow the game down in the future?

    And

    Does it load all players from that country?

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Youth Team
    Join Date
    14th February 2009
    Posts
    5,416

    Default Re: View only....

    If you load that nation and set it to view only, all players will be loaded and the only thing affected is amount of data processed i.e. if I have England and Scotland loaded, but set Scotland as view only, it will be no different other than not all info processed in the Scottish league and less stats. You can change it at any time in the Game Detail menu, so it's no big deal.

  3. #3
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: View only....

    Nice one Elrithral, so are you saying that I can load leagues as view-only and then make them playable whilst in game, through the game detail settings?

    That would be quality if that's the case as I never knew that!

  4. #4
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th January 2009
    Location
    Fluminense FC - Rio State & First Division. Have A Look In The Career Updates Forum
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: View only....

    Quote Originally Posted by Neilio View Post
    are you saying that I can load leagues as view-only and then make them playable whilst in game, through the game detail settings?
    No, you can't do that I'm afraid.

    And if you like to develop youth, your loan clubs should be in a playable league, as view-only ones proces the data just as if they were in-active.

    Hope that helps a bit.

  5. #5
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: View only....

    Quote Originally Posted by NotWordsButDeeds View Post
    No, you can't do that I'm afraid.

    And if you like to develop youth, your loan clubs should be in a playable league, as view-only ones proces the data just as if they were in-active.

    Hope that helps a bit.
    Nice one, basically, if I'm going to have it view only, I may as well just have it playable - thats the way I see it?

  6. #6
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th January 2009
    Location
    Fluminense FC - Rio State & First Division. Have A Look In The Career Updates Forum
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: View only....

    There's really not much point to view-only, as I see it, unless it's just a league you're interested in following.

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    2nd November 2008
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    326

    Default Re: View only....

    Quote Originally Posted by NotWordsButDeeds View Post
    There's really not much point to view-only, as I see it, unless it's just a league you're interested in following.
    Just as I thought! I'll stick to how I've always played it then, thought I'd missed a trick somewhere along the line!

    Thanks for your input!

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th March 2007
    Location
    clinging to a rubber duck in the middle of a raging sea....
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Is this info still valid or have View Only leagues been allocated more processing power?

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    20th December 2008
    Posts
    143

    Default

    View only is far more than that, it helps for sending players on loan as they get actual game time and develop. As oppose to inactive where they will get some game stats but i've never noticed any development

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th March 2007
    Location
    clinging to a rubber duck in the middle of a raging sea....
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Damaja View Post
    View only is far more than that, it helps for sending players on loan as they get actual game time and develop. As oppose to inactive where they will get some game stats but i've never noticed any development
    What I wanted to hear, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts